Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 10, 2011
Orlando, Florida
E.T. Adventure seems like the next ride to be replaced at Universal Orlando. It's been operating since 1990 and breaks down every time I visit the park. However, I hope it doesn't anytime soon. E.T. is, and always will be a classic. Its duplicate over in Hollywood and Japan have already been shut down.

Oh god I absolutely LOVE E.T. Adventure. I really hope they just upgrade it or something since it's just such a well thought-out ride and is a huge classic. Then again, so was Back to the Future, and I'm perfectly fine with Simpson's since it's such a quality ride. Hopefully it still has more years left to it!

Jimmy Neutron is actually the next ride on the chopping block since the contract with Nickelodeon is pretty done.

On another Forum, I heard that Steven Spielburg was so upset that they got rid of the E.T ride in Hollywood and Japan... He said if Universal were to close the one in Florida, he will pull all of his contracts with Universal Theme parks...
Just think of that, thats 2/3 of USF and 1/7 of IOA!

I would say E.T. isnt going anywhere!

My faith in E.T. staying has been restored because of the above comments.

:')

Also, I would just adore it if it were restored into the 21st century with brand new technology and a big and bold facade outside. Can you imagine E.T. talking to you with the same quality of motions as the Horntail in Forbidden Journey?!

Last edited:
And don't forget to continue to give the TMs funny as heck names for ET to say :lol:

E.T. Adventure seems like the next ride to be replaced at Universal Orlando. It's been operating since 1990 and breaks down every time I visit the park. However, I hope it doesn't anytime soon. E.T. is, and always will be a classic. Its duplicate over in Hollywood and Japan have already been shut down.

Universal should keep the attraction, but they need to severely upgrade it.

I could be wrong, but didn't Universal just extend their contract with Spielberg last year?

Universal should keep the attraction, but they need to severely upgrade it.

I don't think so actually. I'll take Small World at MK for example, its a ride, thats still cute and fun and still uses 1950's technology.

I think the ET ride just the way it is makes it fun, cheesy, and timeless so it shouldn't be touched at all in my opinion

I don't think so actually. I'll take Small World at MK for example, its a ride, thats still cute and fun and still uses 1950's technology.

I think the ET ride just the way it is makes it fun, cheesy, and timeless so it shouldn't be touched at all in my opinion

They closed it down in 2004-2005 to upgrade everything. Sound, animatronics, certain effects.

I agree with Vyrus, then ride needs touch ups, but not a complete re-do. Anyway it's not going anywhere anytime soon. It's a great kids ride, it's popular, and Nuetron and Shrek need to die way before this does.

Let me clarify. When I say upgrade, I'm talking about improving the animatronics, track, sounds, and effects. Not a whole other ride experience.