Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it depends on precedent. Has anyone successfully sued a team park over a contagious disease or sickness before? And has said theme park made you fully aware of the risk, and done everything they can to mitigate them?

I'll bet Universal's legal team is already gearing up to squash the inevitable suits that will be filed.

I'd say it depends on precedent. Has anyone successfully sued a team park over a contagious disease or sickness before? And has said theme park made you fully aware of the risk, and done everything they can to mitigate them?

I'll bet Universal's legal team is already gearing up to squash the inevitable suits that will be filed.
Look for added small print on the restrictions and disclaimer page on the ticket/pass page on the website/app.

Look for added small print on the restrictions and disclaimer page on the ticket/pass page on the website/app.

Disneyland has relatively large signs at each park entrance stating that by entering you expose yourself to a number of cancer-causing agents. Being an East Coast boy, it freaked me out for half a second before I remembered "California." I imagine all parks will adapt something similar.

Good article. I don't think there really will be a "perfect" time to reopen. If the parks were to have to be closed until the new year, I don't see them ever reopening.

Good article. I don't think there really will be a "perfect" time to reopen. If the parks were to have to be closed until the new year, I don't see them ever reopening.
If Motley Fool came in wet and told me it was raining, I'd look out the window to be sure.

I'm pretty sure that if the parks over here had to wait until a vaccine was developed for it, by the time we would get it, theme parks would never reopen. They could be on the brink of extinction.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I'm pretty sure that if the parks over here had to wait until a vaccine was developed for it, by the time we would get it, theme parks would never reopen. They could be on the brink of extinction.
I think most can agree to that....and most also can agree Summer at least June 1st is also too early. Wave one isn't even done yet...but we should be opening up places where people from all over come to pass the virus around?

Think by late summer or early Fall makes more sense, to also see if a second wave really is coming as well.

Let's say the parks reopen on June 1st and let's say that the peak is past but the virus is still out there and there's still a chance that you can catch it regardless of how many precautions you take.

What happens if you catch COVID when you're visiting the parks and are staying on site. Take my June trip for example, what happens if I catch it on the flight over and symptoms start to appear on day 2 of my trip and I have 4 more days left in my Disney hotel and then 10 days after that at Universal?

I obviously should be quarantining but do I continue to stay in my room, am I allowed to move to another hotel? Would I even be welcome?

It's not like I'll be able to fly home nor do I like the idea of being thrown out my hotel and basically being homeless in a foreign country.

Add to that you will be quarantining for 14 days when you get back to the UK...

All good questions, and I would hope that Disney are thinking about all these right now so that they can form a strategy to deal with any issue. It's actually an opportunity for them to get some really good press if they handle it well.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Add to that you will be quarantining for 14 days when you get back to the UK...

All good questions, and I would hope that Disney are thinking about all these right now so that they can form a strategy to deal with any issue. It's actually an opportunity for them to get some really good press if they handle it well.

I imagine that when the US starts to reopen international travel, a 14 day quarantine period will become mandatory for people flying into the US which makes tourism impossible.

It’s hard to tell how Disney or Universal would handle it. Sure, they want you to have a good experience so that you’re not running to the media or social media about how badly you were treated but they also don’t want you to announce that you maybe got COVID visiting their parks.

This is a fairly simple machine as I imagine they only use this for prototyping.

This won't be a permanent solution. For something like this, you're going to want to use injection molding for speed and cost but it does fix the gap before they can be delivered and I applaud all the companies who are doing this. It's time consuming work and I imagine, incredibly frustrating at times.

My original comment was more about the printing aspect, I was thinking more of industrial UV printing, print and cut. I'm amazed that they haven't introduced more personalised printing for t shirts and other gifts as it's relatively cheap.

Reactions: Andysol and Grabnar
Major movie theaters likely aren't opening until Tenet on July 17th at the very earliest. The only theaters to open before then are likely drive ins or local theaters.

Also, CMX Theaters is the first major theater company to file for bankruptcy:

Major movie theaters likely aren't opening until Tenet on July 17th at the very earliest. The only theaters to open before then are likely drive ins or local theaters.

Also, CMX Theaters is the first major theater company to file for bankruptcy:

Honestly not surprised, they have nothing new to show until mid July.

Perhaps they should test the water by showing some classics first - that can help them get the measures/social distancing right.

Not sure if this fits here but I figure restaurants (even chains) are part of tourism, I'm reading in some local papers that Metro Diner locations throughout South West Florida will close permanently due to the effects of this shut down. Not able to completely verify yet but I am seeing multiple local news papers with stories on it.

Not sure if this fits here but I figure restaurants (even chains) are part of tourism, I'm reading in some local papers that Metro Diner locations throughout South West Florida will close permanently due to the effects of this shut down. Not able to completely verify yet but I am seeing multiple local news papers with stories on it.
Here's the only story I saw on it:

Reactions: Frogki
Status
Not open for further replies.