Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, anyone trying to sue Disney isn't going to win. But my point was that their Waiver just itself I don't think would hold up as a piece of evidence in court. Signs are easy to pass by without noticing so unless you make someone actually sign a waiver, it's a pretty useless waiver from my POV.

I mean they have those half boards saying "THIS IS A FILMING AREA IF YOU ENTER YOU CONSENT TO US USING YOUR IMAGE" and that was likely approved by lawers and will hold up in court.

Meanwhile, in California, the word is "maybe" restaurants get to open by July 4th, at the earliest, with many decrying those terms as "too soon."

Yeaaaaah, forget this. The lack of distancing in half of the line, the amount of masks not covering the nose, etc. One big yikes from me. I just don't see how the parks can open without a hitch at this point.

(Not sure if this belongs in the "Shopping Districts" thread. Posted here since a similar discussion happened here with CityWalk's opening. Feel free to move)

Ya part of me feels thats like almost a kid zone closure minus Woody Woodpeckers. Something I've been thinking for awhile but we shall see. I think if shows are not going to be a thing for a long time (while I have no clue what this means for the animals so I only want the best), closing Barney, Curious George, and Animal Actors has to be a cost savor for Universal. While maybe not a huge one, its gotta be something right? Close Woody too and I'm sure thats more. I feel this is just an easy move for them to make.

Universal will be the only park presenting reopening plans tomorrow

I'm not surprised to see Disney hesitate (especially with the optics of "Walt Disney World reopens, but Disneyland doesn't, because this state government says is isn't safe while this one does"), but I am surprised to see Seaworld drag their feet.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.