Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting messier for WWE.

The number of positive cases from their taping is now heavily rumored to be up to 30+ individuals.

And at least 2 main roster stars are planning on sitting out until masks are made mandatory for everyone not involved in a match.

It's getting messier for WWE.

The number of positive cases from their taping is now heavily rumored to be up to 30+ individuals.

And at least 2 main roster stars are planning on sitting out until masks are made mandatory for everyone not involved in a match.

I honestly can't believe production and all non-talent haven't been required to wear masks by Vince from the start. How f'ing irresponsible can you be?

Reactions: Tbad556
I honestly can't believe production and all non-talent haven't been required to wear masks by Vince from the start. How f'ing irresponsible can you be?

WWE is truly as carny as it gets. It's what makes it so hard to stay a fan. I wish I could say I'm surprised, but Vince has kinda proven his insanity throughout the years at this point. This is the same man who apparently sees sneezing as a sign of weakness. :lol:

Any time I question an insane choice they make, I'm reminded of this thread and I get numb to their choices all over again.

• Haha
Reactions: Scott W.

I mean, this is a group of people who slam each other in a ring. Safety isn’t exactly a top priority as much as they like to pretend it is. The show must go on.

WWE is truly as carny as it gets. It's what makes it so hard to stay a fan. I wish I could say I'm surprised, but Vince has kinda proven his insanity throughout the years at this point. This is the same man who apparently sees sneezing as a sign of weakness. :lol:

Any time I question an insane choice they make, I'm reminded of this thread and I get numb to their choices all over again.

That post makes me laugh every time. When the inevitable tv show is made about his life, it's going to be a wild ride.

I mean, this is a group of people who slam each other in a ring. Safety isn’t exactly a top priority as much as they like to pretend it is. The show must go on.
The talent sure. No masks. But literally everyone else on set should be wearing a mask. It's quite simple. This is a good way to show exactly how hard it will be for TV and Film to start up again, though. What if a lead in a show gets COVID? Among many, many other possibilities. Production is going to move incredibly slow now.

Annnnnnd the US didn't make the EU Travel list. Russia and US both banned from travel through EU. China is allowed based on reciprocation.

Get ready for a twitter-tantrum of presidential proportions.

“We need to make our money, and we’ll do anything we can to accomplish that.”

Frankly, is how I read that.

Interesting. I read it as "Sports matter in our society. They bring people together when they need it the most."

Reactions: Mad Dog
Have a flight to New Orleans in august. Fully expecting it to be canceled at this rate.
AA just announced theyre going from 85% to 100% to match United. SW, Delta, Jetblue, etc still running reduced. SW I know is till September (for now).

They havent stopped flights during this entire thing, so I doubt your flight gets cancelled. The only way would be routing and amount of planes (they cancel your particular flight and give you an alternative or the ability to cancel). Depending on airline, the window is usually a 1hr time change allows for free cancellation w/ refund (not simply a credit).

AA just announced theyre going from 85% to 100% to match United. SW, Delta, Jetblue, etc still running reduced. SW I know is till September (for now).

They havent stopped flights during this entire thing, so I doubt your flight gets cancelled. The only way would be routing and amount of planes (they cancel your particular flight and give you an alternative or the ability to cancel). Depending on airline, the window is usually a 1hr time change allows for free cancellation w/ refund (not simply a credit).
Sorry not the flight being canceled, but more Louisiana being like all FL people need two week quarantine.

Just anecdotal: But just about all my family, friends and acquaintances vacation at NC or SC beach resorts in the summer (No Disney or Universal fans in that group, I'm the black sheep) Every single one of them, even with the surge in southern state cases, are still goes for their vacations. None seem to have any concern whatsoever. Myself, I always stay local in the summer, so no different for me. I love the Pa. mountains.

Sorry not the flight being canceled, but more Louisiana being like all FL people need two week quarantine.
Ah, yes. Which is effectively "cancelled". Makes sense.

Hawaii is currently facing legislation that will dictate the legalities of these required quarantines. The Justice Department filed a legal challenge on Tuesday that argued it likely violates consitutional protections of interstate travel.

I jokingly told my wife that if it's ruled in Hawaii's favor that they should make a mandatory 50 year quarantine and take their country back. :lol:

Reactions: Legacy
It seems clear to me that Disney doesn't want to be first once theaters open. Chapek even admitted so when Mulan was supposed to open on July 24th a week after Tenet's July 17th opening. He said that by having their opening date set after Tenet, it would allow them flexibility if things go south.

If August 21st doesn't work out... I think we could be looking at PVOD for Mulan. I've heard it won't go direct to Disney+, they want to make money off of this before sending it to Disney+.

Last edited:
Just anecdotal: But just about all my family, friends and acquaintances vacation at NC or SC beach resorts in the summer (No Disney or Universal fans in that group, I'm the black sheep) Every single one of them, even with the surge in southern state cases, are still goes for their vacations. None seem to have any concern whatsoever. Myself, I always stay local in the summer, so no different for me. I love the Pa. mountains.
I live here, I don't know a single soul who's got it, I know of two people that I know third hand who have had it.

Yes, cases may be increasing, yes you should take it seriously, no they should not travel if they have health issues. But statisticaly speaking, their odds of catching it on vacation are still pretty low as long as they are responsible.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I live here, I don't know a single soul who's got it, I know of two people that I know third hand who have had it.

Yes, cases may be increasing, yes you should take it seriously, no they should not travel if they have health issues. But statisticaly speaking, their odds of catching it on vacation are still pretty low as long as they are responsible.
Eliminate points and time of contact and wear the damn mask, it is less risky than so many other thing with proper care.

Last edited:
So Bill and Ted 3 moved to August 28th. New rumor is Theaters are delaying their opening until July 31st.

I've got a feeling this could be the last move for B&T3. If theaters aren't open by that time, I think it'll go direct to PVOD. I think The New Mutants is in a similar position. We're getting to the point again with a lot of films where 2021 is getting filled with all of 2020's movies and 2022 is filled up with 2021's movies. There's only so much room for in the theatrical calendar for movies to release and be successful. Universal has continued to take many of their lower budget movies to streaming and I expect many other similar films will have to make the leap eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.