Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honesty can't wait for a book about all of this. What a Roller Coaster

First we most people think it will last weeks, then it became months then a dew people demanded to be allowed to go out most didn't not wear masks or go 6 feet apart and so now while we could have seen movie theaters and theme parks opening soon...they are going to keep getting pushed back because in a few weeks people will forget again and demand to be free but not do it safely.

Not to get too Political but I think we need to stop just giving everyone a diploma in high school, clearly many Americans aren't ready to be adults yet.

Miami-Dade beaches closed effective immediately. Trying to get ahead of the 4th of July crowds.

They’re expecting Broward and Palm Beach to follow suit. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if most coastal counties do this before next weekend.
Pinellas (Clearwater) has a mask order in place now. I expect all population centers to do the same. Might not be needed in Chokoloskee but Tampa, Orlando and Tally along with the southest need to get going on this. Jacksonville can rot.

• Haha
Reactions: Teebin
Interesting to see if they will close, or limit, some of the central Florida beaches also. And whether beach closures might drive some traffic to Universal . This could be a plus for Universal if that happens.

@Brian G. et al, & the Mods, no offense, but this one has devolved into a WDWMagic thread. Political rants, conspiracy theories, pointless arguments that have nothing to do with the topic. Might as well throw "Spirited" in the title.

I get that as theme park fans we're in an information vacuum and we miss that daily dose of serotonin that comes from knowing something none of the less dedicated fans know. But as IoACentral/OU/IU users we used to be better than this. This is why I YAGEd from the DisBoards then Magic. This was cool people who respected one another talking theme parks and not much else.

</rant>

@Brian G. et al, & the Mods, no offense, but this one has devolved into a WDWMagic thread. Political rants, conspiracy theories, pointless arguments that have nothing to do with the topic. Might as well throw "Spirited" in the title.

I get that as theme park fans we're in an information vacuum and we miss that daily dose of serotonin that comes from knowing something none of the less dedicated fans know. But as IoACentral/OU/IU users we used to be better than this. This is why I YAGEd from the DisBoards then Magic. This was cool people who respected one another talking theme parks and not much else.

</rant>

You’re not wrong. We’re currently discussion options.

To everyone else, please let this be a pause on this part of the discussion until we come to a resolution. In the mean time, we ask if you kindly try to keep on the topic of the retheme only.

Travel giant Tui has cancelled all holidays to Florida for customers from the UK and Ireland until the end of November amid a second surge of coronavirus cases reported in the US state. Tui said the decision was made ‘due to the ongoing uncertainty around international travel restrictions and the unprecedented impact of Covid-19’. The firm said in a statement: ‘The decision has been made following new health and safety measures implemented at Walt Disney World to ensure the safety of its guests. ‘These changes would significantly impact the holiday experience for many Tui customers who plan their magical and often once in a lifetime Florida holiday.’

Read more: Tui cancels all holidays to Florida because of new Disney World restrictions

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this extended into 2021

I guess this is on-topic, over here in the UK things have started to open back up, we've had Zoo's starting to open and theme parks are allowed to open from July 4th, Alton Towers (biggest park in the UK) has a historic house and garden attached which they opened up a couple of weeks ago, before the park so I took a trip up there to check out the procedures and see what they're doing to make you feel safe (i'll go back once the park itself opens.

Also, shameless plug but i would appreciate if anyone could subscribe

Alton Towers Procedures

I also went out the the Cotwolds Wildlife Park (basically a zoo over here) they'd implemented a few procedures but this gives you an idea of the stark contrast between large companies trying to protect themselves and the smaller places just wanting the money.

Cotwolds Wildlife Procedures

MODS, please delete this if not allowed, it is more to give everyone that could be reading this in the UK an idea of what it'll be like when things (hopefully) start to get back to a new normal :grin:

Last edited:
Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) Health Dept. just issued a 14 day quarantine requirement for those county residents who have traveled out of state.They said the majority of new cases are youth who attended bars during their vacation stays. They also announced that county bars and restaurants can only sell alcohol for takeout for now, and can no longer sell alcohol to consume on the premises. The majority of non vacation infections are coming from youth attending the South Side & Oakland bars, which are primarily frequented by college students and those under 30.....They stated they are going to strictly enforce the quarantine requirement (14 days quarantine or two negative tests 48 hours apart). Looks like they are trying to get ahead of the curve. Hospitalizations have not increased due to the infected age being so young. Just one or two hospitalizations a day. Death toll remains low also, a couple or so a week......Good they clamped down now before the bar wildness gets elevated for the coming holiday weekend .

Last edited:
Vital Vegas is usually very well sourced so I suspect that may have legs. I'd hate to see Mandalay Bay on even more of an island at the south end of the Strip, though.

Also, in reading the story there.... never knew the MGM Grand was originally themed to the Wizard of Oz.

Reactions: Scott W.
Vital Vegas is usually very well sourced so I suspect that may have legs. I'd hate to see Mandalay Bay on even more of an island at the south end of the Strip, though.

Also, in reading the story there.... never knew the MGM Grand was originally themed to the Wizard of Oz.

The Wizard of Oz thing was also my biggest takeaway as well.

Having been to Vegas 3 times, and been outside the Luxor and MGM Grand, I've never been inside.

The Wizard of Oz thing was also my biggest takeaway as well.

Having been to Vegas 3 times, and been outside the Luxor and MGM Grand, I've never been inside.

You went three times and you never followed the yellow brick road to the emerald city? Shame.

I visited someone at the Lexor when I was staying at that other dump they owned in that area (around '98)....we had way more fun the time we had a few suits at the MGM!

Perhaps there is hope for the season. Bar Harbor was very busy today. Took a spin around town at 2pm on my way to the park and regretted driving on Main street. Sidewalks and streets were full of tourists, almost all with masks but only 40% wearing them on their faces. 72° outside

Acadia NP was mobbed even though there was a massive fog hugging the shore with visibility of 200 ft. No one was wearing masks as they crowded paths to see special sights... It was so bad at a few points that I kept my car windows closed and had the AC on recirculate. 62° outside (dat fog be coooold)

Bajillion cars from out of state even though it is theoretically illegal for them to be here (but no one is checking)... crazy town. But it bodes a bit better than I expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: lowbudget
Status
Not open for further replies.