Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney: “Because our resort is such a high-quality experience, we are going to raise our prices to match our quality! But we’re also shortening park hours, delay development on new rides, and cut meet and greets since our resort is such a premium experience!”
Disney continues,..... "With our ultra high premium experience creating such emotional and physical stresses on the human psyche & body, we think it is in the best interest of our customer's health to keep the hours they are exposed to our 'Experience' as short as possible (without negatively affecting our bottom line). The well being of our guests is our first priority. Thank you for visiting 'The Magic', and 'Special Thanks to Shanghai' for giving us this opportunity. "

It’s 2024, after years of cuts due to the 50th not performing well all Disney attractions must be peddled for power. “This is so immersive” says Lou Mongello, ripped thighs, as he spends all day peddling to open the doors to a now shortened two minute country bears show. “It’s totally worth the $2000 annual pass, I go all the time!” says Disney super fan. “It’s a theme park, they can’t run all the rides at once! It’s a business!” exclaims a vlogger as they run to the daily hourly running of IASW.

With South Korea, Italy, and Iran reporting outbreaks, this is on the verge of being declared a pandemic.

And now Canada.

I think if this spread it to more people in Canada since its so close to the states we will see negative impacts to travel to the World and Land as well.

Soooo many Chinese tourists, business people. government members, college students, and others traveling throughout the world. Tough to keep it isolated,especially since the Chinese Communist government tried to hide it during the beginning stages. There's just no way to know haw many people had contact with, or interacted with someone that had contact with, these world travelers. This is not like some small African nation that has little contact with the outside world. That was easier to isolate and contain. And, with indications the 14 day quarantine is not enough quarantine days, infected people were probably released too soon, and then contributed to a spread of the disease. That's the second major hit emanating from China in the past two years. The first, not people but animals, just about wiped out their pork production.

Last edited:
As the situation becomes more serious in the USA we're going to adjust some of the threads we have on here and lay down some rules.

This thread will be used to discuss the business effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on the theme park industry at large including but not limited to Disney Parks & Resorts, Universal Parks & Resorts, other amusement parks, cruise lines, and the tourist industry at large. Please do not post unsourced information or post conspiracy theories; none of these things will help.

For a general discussion of the virus visit the General Discussion thread in Chit-Chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there have been a few deaths in France due to coronavirus... leaves me wondering if Paris is next to close.
That would be the entirety of their international parks.

Do we have a way to know what attendance was like in Tokyo prior to them closing it? Was it way down?

I'd be curious about Paris too. If attendance is way down anyway, closing it wouldn't be as big of a loss.

With both Paris and Tokyo being more of a "locals park", I'm curious if people were self-regulating to not go there already in Tokyo's case.

Italy has now jumped to a level 3 to join South Korea and Mongolia (not because of outbreak, but because of their response) as the only other Level 3s.

Hong Kong is still just a level 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.