Encanto | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Encanto

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” has blown up since the movie hit Disney+. It’s currently #5 on the Billboard Top 100, the highest charting Disney song since “Let It Go”. And it’s not even super catchy in the same way. It’s not a lead characters main song. It’s an ensemble piece that’s gain traction almost immediately AFTER it left theaters.

This is another point in me saying that Pixar going straight to streaming is not a death sentence and imo, is actually a great thing for original Pixar content. I know streaming is seen as somehow a movie is inferior, but to me, Disney is able to reach so many people all at once that it’s a huge positive.

Sure, the fancy box office numbers may not be there with streaming, but who cares besides a few suits in Burbank? As long as they don’t stop making original content, then I can only see it as a net positive that films from Soul, Luca, and Turning Red are D+ originals, and films like Onward, Raya, and Encanto have all acted like D+ originals.

So “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” has blown up since the movie hit Disney+. It’s currently #5 on the Billboard Top 100, the highest charting Disney song since “Let It Go”. And it’s not even super catchy in the same way. It’s not a lead characters main song. It’s an ensemble piece that’s gain traction almost immediately AFTER it left theaters.

This is another point in me saying that Pixar going straight to streaming is not a death sentence and imo, is actually a great thing for original Pixar content. I know streaming is seen as somehow a movie is inferior, but to me, Disney is able to reach so many people all at once that it’s a huge positive.

Sure, the fancy box office numbers may not be there with streaming, but who cares besides a few suits in Burbank? As long as they don’t stop making original content, then I can only see it as a net positive that films from Soul, Luca, and Turning Red are D+ originals, and films like Onward, Raya, and Encanto have all acted like D+ originals.

I love how the image they use shows Bruno in the 2nd floor. Haha.

Reactions: Nick
Just checked the new Billboard Top 100 and “”Surface Pressure” has now entered the Top 10 (at #10) along with “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”, which is now all the way up to #2, only behind Adele’s “Easy On Me”.

In total, seven of the Hot 100 are now from the Encanto soundtrack and I don’t know for sure, but I wonder if that has ever happened with two Disney soundtrack songs in the top 10.

Reactions: MrBlonde
The good hits keep on coming, as "We Don't Talk About Bruno" has reached #1 on Billboards Top 100, the first Disney song to do that since "A Whole New Word" in 1993.

That is nothing short of impressive, and that's the kind of hype a song would want going into the Oscars...

...they suggested "We Don't Talk About Bruno" for the Oscars...right???

They're suggesting "Dos Oruguitas" instead. Don't get me wrong, that's a nice song. But when songs come up, that one doesn't come up in discussions as much as "We Don't Talk About Bruno" or "Surface Pressure".

Reactions: Nick
“Dos Oruguitas” is such a safe, boring Oscars song, to the point where I hope it doesn’t win. I don’t even think it’s in the top half of songs on the soundtrack.

“Surface Pressure,” with its message about mental health and unreasonable expectations, would be a far better nominee. It has a point while being catchy as hell.

I wish Disney would work quicker to do some cross-promotion and feature it in the parks. They used to be so good at that.

Now you can barely find merch.

I wish Disney would work quicker to do some cross-promotion and feature it in the parks. They used to be so good at that.

This has happened so fast that this movie has blown up. I’m sure we’ll see something in the park by the end of the year.

I think we're more likely to see a Bruno on a stick (much like the infamous Olaf on a stick from 2014) than anything else. Maybe when Fantasmic! comes back or when the DHS fireworks show comes back there will be some sort of inclusion of Encanto?

Disney had 90s animated features in the parks within a month, everything was planned and done with final tweaks when the movie came out. Now we’re lucky if we get something half a decade later.

Reactions: Tobias and Legacy

Disney had 90s animated features in the parks within a month, everything was planned and done with final tweaks when the movie came out. Now we’re lucky if we get something half a decade later.

Agreed, nowadays it really feels like they've been caught off-guard anytime they have a hit on their hands. That's what happened with Frozen, and a common complaint was the additions of that felt thrown together. (Because they absolutely were)

For a company that's all about synergy, they're dropping the ball on what should be their bread and butter. I mean for Pete's sake, the Encanto themed food booth at Epcot doesn't have Arepas.

It’s so frustrating. The hype this movie has gotten without a huge marketing campaign behind would be a huge boon to any of the resorts. They could do a quick parade like they did for The Lion King or a clever stage show like the Hunchback of Notre Dame at MGM. Shoot, even just throwing the Madrigals into the standard castle show to sing “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” to Goofy would be simple and hugely effective.

Just no foresight for no reason.