Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really like the new logo and colors they're working in throughout the old Future World

Plus the pavilion emblems are super fun as well

Wait, I mean, Walt would never accept this and is turning in his freezer!! FIRE CHAPEK

• Haha
Reactions: LieutLaww
That’s part of why I post them still. It’s the pure absurdity of it all at this point. This project started in September 2019 and probably has another 6-7 months until it’s done still…
It's frustrating especially since all they need to do is lay down some concrete and gardens for the hub.

It's pure B.S.....especially since the film that replaces it for most of the day is mediocre. When I told Alene about it earlier today, she was angry about that. The France film is one of her favorite attractions at WDW.
I feel the same. Disney makes so many bad decisions, it seems.

Looking at one of the larger surveyed sites....Touring Plans has Beauty and the Beast show among the lowest ranking Epcot attractions in almost all age categories....Impressions France has fairly good ratings. Of
course if you shoehorn a show into just a couple of late evening showings, you can't expect overflow crowds. and....I've rarely seen a positive review of Beauty & the Beast sing along in that France theater.

It’s a bad decision to offer a more popular show more frequently?

1. It's debatable whether or not it's actually more popular. It reportedly gets worse guest satisfaction ratings than Impressions. And when you only offer one of the two attractions during a very narrow time window, it's not possible to compare attendance in a fair way, either.
2. BATB Sing-Along is awful and Impressions de France is great, so... yes, it's a terrible decision.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You guys are confusing better show with more popular. I’d tend to think the droves of little kids in princess costumes who don’t have Touring Plans accounts or take guest surveys would point toward this being the correct move. I’d be grateful they’re willing to run two shows at the same time.

I’d be grateful they’re willing to run two shows at the same time.
I think this unfortunately is the correct take. They could've removed IDF a long time ago, but they have chosen to keep it at least part time. The BATB sing-a-long, no matter the quality, is incredibly popular and fills up the theater way more than IDF does, so running more of those shows is unfortunately the right move. Guests had a chance to pick which one they liked more and they chose. IDF plays well in the evening when there are no more BATB shows and people are just looking for a place to sit down for awhile in France.

I’d be grateful they’re willing to run two shows at the same time.
IDF plays well in the evening when there are no more BATB shows and people are just looking for a place to sit down for awhile in France.

Except they're not showing it in the evening anymore. They've now moved Impressions to a token hour slot immediately when the park opens at 9am. In order to see it, a guest now has to prioritize it and forego getting on anything significant in the rest of the park without a wait.

Disney's trying to kill it.

And really, folks, we don't need to have a version of the "Disney is a business!" argument. Impressions is a better show (infinitely better), it's a piece of classic Epcot, and I would prefer that it remained. That's not a bizarre opinion to hold. My initial post did not have me saying, "What a horrible business decision." I said it was bad news, and it is... for anybody who likes Impressions de France.

Except they're not showing it in the evening anymore. They've now moved Impressions to a token hour slot immediately when the park opens at 9am. In order to see it, a guest now has to prioritize it and forego getting on anything significant in the rest of the park without a wait.

Disney's trying to kill it.

And really, folks, we don't need to have a version of the "Disney is a business!" argument. Impressions is a better show (infinitely better), it's a piece of classic Epcot, and I would prefer that it remained. That's not a bizarre opinion to hold. My initial post did not have me saying, "What a horrible business decision." I said it was bad news, and it is... for anybody who likes Impressions de France.
I love IDF... but unfortunately anytime I try to get my family to go see it they moan at the thought. Of course they don't want to see the BATB show either (they certainly are not the demo), but that's the problem. They should theoretically be the demo for IDF and they just don't care and because they don't want to go I end up not going that often. Now i'll obviously be going even less.

And of course IDF is the better show. It's not even an argument. But at the end of the day what I think and what you think doesn't matter if the general public isn't on board with it. Fans loved the GMR and UoE, but both were replaced due to low ridership and fans also claimed to love Maelstrom, but that too was replaced due to low ridership (rarely a wait above 15 mins) and given the Frozen overlay where it now is excessively popular. So yes, Disney is a business and they will make decisions that we don't like sometimes to respond to attractions that are seeing low attendance.

Disney doesn't like wasting resources on attractions that aren't popular. Unfortunately, if no one is going to see IDF and the attendance numbers for it are in the toilet, then why would you keep running it when you have an offering that, while not better, guests seem to enjoy more? I do agree by going down to one show per day they are basically killing it off now. But again, they don't even have any obligation to show it that much. It's almost like just giving fans a warning to see it now because it won't be around for long.