Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love IDF... but unfortunately anytime I try to get my family to go see it they moan at the thought. Of course they don't want to see the BATB show either (they certainly are not the demo), but that's the problem. They should theoretically be the demo for IDF and they just don't care and because they don't want to go I end up not going that often. Now i'll obviously be going even less.

And of course IDF is the better show. It's not even an argument. But at the end of the day what I think and what you think doesn't matter if the general public isn't on board with it. Fans loved the GMR and UoE, but both were replaced due to low ridership and fans also claimed to love Maelstrom, but that too was replaced due to low ridership (rarely a wait above 15 mins) and given the Frozen overlay where it now is excessively popular. So yes, Disney is a business and they will make decisions that we don't like sometimes to respond to attractions that are seeing low attendance.

Disney doesn't like wasting resources on attractions that aren't popular. Unfortunately, if no one is going to see IDF and the attendance numbers for it are in the toilet, then why would you keep running it when you have an offering that, while not better, guests seem to enjoy more? I do agree by going down to one show per day they are basically killing it off now. But again, they don't even have any obligation to show it that much. It's almost like just giving fans a warning to see it now because it won't be around for long.

I don't think we're in disagreement... except for the fact that this apparently annoys me much more than it annoys you (and others)! :lol:

We can scrutinize almost any decision that Disney makes in its parks and find the underlying business/financial concern motivating it. That doesn't mean I have to like it, or that I have to pretend that my enjoyment of the affected park hasn't been negatively impacted by it (if that's the case).

Reactions: Jake S and Nick
In an about-face:

Disney must have heard the criticism. And the interesting thing is that now Impressions will have even more daily showtimes than the previous status quo. Which is great! I don't expect those morning showings to draw many people, but still. If I were a guest spending multiple days at Epcot, I'd love to wander back to France, grab something for breakfast from Les Halles, and take in a showing of Impressions.

In an about-face:

Disney must have heard the criticism. And the interesting thing is that now Impressions will have even more daily showtimes than the previous status quo. Which is great! I don't expect those morning showings to draw many people, but still. If I were a guest spending multiple days at Epcot, I'd love to wander back to France, grab something for breakfast from Les Halles, and take in a showing of Impressions.
They continue to receive feedback like this and still don't consider that maybe people were bought in to Epcot's original vision

And also modern audiences aren't as stupid as Disney thinks they are

Reactions: Freak and belloq87
New Rideshare location under construction:
epcot-ride-share-construction-06152023-1-1920x1280.jpg

Reactions: belloq87
Very surprised to see them return to DHS where the tram route doesn't really help due to the configuration of the parking lot. I was expecting a new "shade structure" activation to permanently replace them.

Very surprised to see them return to DHS where the tram route doesn't really help due to the configuration of the parking lot. I was expecting a new "shade structure" activation to permanently replace them.
For folks with some mobility issues who do not park in ADA parking, trams are always welcome, no matter how much distance they save.

For folks with some mobility issues who do not park in ADA parking, trams are always welcome, no matter how much distance they save.

Definitely, just trying to point out that the tram routes after their updates a few years back became not as convenient, unfortunately.

They also really need to add rest/shade stops in the lots/trams load/security screening areas. Was at TTC the other day and only had 1 screening section opened and that area was hotter than Toy Story Land.