Epcot Status | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot Status

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think that bearing in mind Epcot is the least ride crazy theme park, alot of school kids go there as a field trip visit as it has got some science elements to it, but it is true it hasn't had any new attractions since 2005, it has had adjustments like The Seas with Nemo and small add ons here and there, but all they ever focus on is events. I think that Everest could have slotted in the country's somewhere, they should have something built like that in the World Showcase. It would be awesome!

I think that if Epcot is going to be simply a Mall to explore, shop, and dine, then the entrance fee should reflect that.

I think TDO has seen a giant shift in Guest Spending as more guests have been giving their dollars to Universal and it's unique merchandise than to Disney.

That being said, you can point to

Soarin'
Mission Space
The Seas with Nemo and Friends

all of which were used in marketing collateral to drive attendance.

When you look at how marketing pushes the parks they try to hook you on an idea of an experience that you are going to have. Disney's commercials, billboards, brochures, videos all try this hook.

After a while people become blind to messaging after it has been repeated, in the digital world this is called "Banner Blindness" so Disney like most companies tries something new, to interest and hook people.

When you look at Epcot's marketing collateral I think it is in danger of becoming invisible to most people if it isn't already. The Billboards, brochures, videos, commercials for Epcot are the same and feature the same pitches for the past 5-6 years.

The only chance you have to really get a fresh message about Epcot is if you are local here in Florida and you see Flower and Garden/Food and Wine commercials.

So the point of all this, is again. Epcot, along with most of WDW is in danger of repeating the same message so many times, that it's ability to drive bookings is greatly diminished.

Most guests don't pay a theme park price for Epcot. They buy park-hoppers with the other tree parks in mind and then hit Epcot at night to get their drink/food on.

You know... Pixar released a statement last year regarding two of its future films; one of which humans and dinosaurs coexist, and the other about the subconscious. I would not be surprised at all if the latter were to replace Imagination or EO. Especially considering Nemo is just across the pavilion.

You know... Pixar released a statement last year regarding two of its future films; one of which humans and dinosaurs coexist, and the other about the subconscious. I would not be surprised at all if the latter were to replace Imagination or EO. Especially considering Nemo is just across the pavilion.

Don't wish that evil upon me, Ricky Bobby.

Don't wish that evil upon me, Ricky Bobby.

I wouldn't mind one bit seeing Figment disappear from that gaudy shell of a once great ride. For that matter, "Captain EO" is freaking awful and nowhere near as awful as "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" still. I'd sacrifice those attractions in a heartbeat for just about anything new.

I wouldn't mind one bit seeing Figment disappear from that gaudy shell of a once great ride. For that matter, "Captain EO" is freaking awful and nowhere near as awful as "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" still. I'd sacrifice those attractions in a heartbeat for just about anything new.

I would as well. But no more Pixar. I don't mind what we have now, but more and more character attractions in EPCOT will blur its lines with the other parks.

It's high time WDI rolled up its sleeves and at least attempted something without the crutch of an established franchise or a clone for EPCOT

I would as well. But no more Pixar. I don't mind what we have now, but more and more character attractions in EPCOT will blur its lines with the other parks.

It's high time WDI rolled up its sleeves and at least attempted something without the crutch of an established franchise or a clone for EPCOT

I think any WDI who reads this will feel like they just took the red pill. "...not using an established franchise or clone? Can we... even do that?"

Ha! Seriously.

But I mean, they CAN do it. Look at Mystic Manor and Grizzly Gulch out in HK.

Yea. I wish that were the case here. I feel that WDW and UOR are settling in on franchise-only big attractions for here on out. It's become battle of the franchises, hate to say. I would loooove Disney and/or Universal to crank out something original soon but I doubt it (considering the paralyzed Yeti and disastrous RRR). Pixar will probably be the sure bet, especially if that film does well.

Yea. I wish that were the case here. I feel that WDW and UOR are settling in on franchise-only big attractions for here on out. It's become battle of the franchises, hate to say. I would loooove Disney and/or Universal to crank out something original soon but I doubt it (considering the paralyzed Yeti and disastrous RRR). Pixar will probably be the sure bet, especially if that film does well.

I don't have a problem with franchises in places like Universal's parks, MK (to a degree), DHS, and DAK.

EPCOT is just different for me.

I feel like if we got a Cranium Command type attraction out of the subconscious Pixar movie, it wouldn't be as movie plot or character driven as the other Pixar attractions that we've seen. It could be different, and work in Epcot's tradition IMO.

I feel like if we got a Cranium Command type attraction out of the subconscious Pixar movie, it wouldn't be as movie plot or character driven as the other Pixar attractions that we've seen. It could be different, and work in Epcot's tradition IMO.

Or you know...they could just bring back the Cranium Command characters and build a new show around them.:ears:

Or you know...they could just bring back the Cranium Command characters and build a new show around them.:ears:

And then actually fix Figment, put in a decent 3D film, upgrade Mission space with the randomization technology, put new screens in Soarin', put a tour guide back on Living with the Land, attempt to make Universe of Engery relevant, make Innoventions engaging and fun, bring back Horizons, add in some new countries. Really not much that could be done :look:

And then actually fix Figment, put in a decent 3D film, upgrade Mission space with the randomization technology, put new screens in Soarin', put a tour guide back on Living with the Land, attempt to make Universe of Engery relevant, make Innoventions engaging and fun, bring back Horizons, add in some new countries. Really not much that could be done :look:

Aw, come on. Buildinig a show around Buzzy to replace EO wouldn't be all that hard.

And putting a tour guide back on Living with the Land would be a horrible idea. One of the only instances where that actually helped the attraction.

Oh, and helping Innoventions and Energy wouldn't be all that hard either.:p

I know that Phineas and Ferb are redressing the Kim Possible game but both shows will be irrelevant in a year or two. A part of me wishes they just went with a more classic approach that won't date itself the way television shows do, like The Rescuers or Incredibles or something.

Aw, come on. Buildinig a show around Buzzy to replace EO wouldn't be all that hard.

And putting a tour guide back on Living with the Land would be a horrible idea. One of the only instances where that actually helped the attraction.

Oh, and helping Innoventions and Energy wouldn't be all that hard either.:p

I know, but that doesn't mean they'll do it :lol:. I can't believe EO has stayed so long. The whole pavilion needs an overhaul.

Idk. I don't not like the new narration, I just found it more engaging with a guide. But I have to admit, the experience is much more consistent.

Idk. I don't not like the new narration, I just found it more engaging with a guide. But I have to admit, the experience is much more consistent.

I always found the guides ot be bored out of their minds. And to be honest, I don't blame them. It wasn't all that exciting of an attraction to narrate.