Epcot Status | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot Status

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a great photo of me with Figment and the Dreamfinder taken about 25 years ago. I should try to scan it.

Do I need any more? They're apt descriptions.

I mean if you find riding through hallways and laboratory scenes with nothing interesting to look at a passable experience, good for you. I don't think you really have a handle on what a ride about Imagination should be, but good for you.
Did you even read my entire post? You seem to keep ignoring what I'm trying to say and just keeping saying "it sucked" without any given reasons from you to back up your "opinions" beyond that.

Again, I PREFER the orginial ride out of 3. So either way, we can both agree that the first one was the best. END OF STORY.

Last edited:
Did you even read my entire post? You seem to keep ignoring what I'm trying to say and just keeping saying "it sucked" without any given reasons from you to back up your "opinions" beyond that.

I'm giving plenty of reasons. It was a ride where you traveled through bland hallways and lab settings. There was nothing interesting to look at. There was nothing dynamic or appealing going on. The story was uninteresting and cold. The settings were uninteresting and cold. The queue was set up as a waiting room you'd see in any office building in America.

You seem to be the one ignoring my posts.

I think the biggest problem with changing the attraction, was that it was very well loved by guests. I tried to look into it online. The only thing I see, is that they opened Honey I shrunk the Audience the same year, and re-themed the entire pavillion to that movie. As I said, the original was a classic, I haven't been on it in years obviously, but I still have portions of the ride burned into my brain, due to how memorable it was. Such a shame...

I'm flummoxed. Why is there even an argument? The ride was drastically shortened, robbed of all imagination, and completely lost its identity.

The current attraction has fart humor. No imagination there.

I'm giving plenty of reasons. It was a ride where you traveled through bland hallways and lab settings. There was nothing interesting to look at. There was nothing dynamic or appealing going on. The story was uninteresting and cold. The settings were uninteresting and cold. The queue was set up as a waiting room you'd see in any office building in America.

You seem to be the one ignoring my posts.
I've never been saying that it was the best ride in the world. IMHO I thought it was "just okay" in it's own right. Not GOOD, not BAD, just OKAY. So what if I do like it? If you don't like it, that's FINE. That's YOUR opinion. I'm just expressing my opinion on why I kinda like it, okay?

THAT IS ALL. END OF ARGUMENT.

Last edited:
We really have people defending JIYI? Really? The ride that was re-done with less than 2 years in the park? Hell, even Stitch hasn't been redone yet.

The Mission: SPACE facade desperately needs some love:

iNhk2xhSG02q4.JPG

Source

Just so those from the north or other climes know... that is not a deterioration of the actual ball surface... That is a black mold that grows in humid sunlight down here. Usually, you can powerwash it or bleach/combo clean it. I am not sure what the original surface is constructed of and whether it could stand those treatments. Regardless, it is not an insidious subsurface problem.

We really have people defending JIYI? Really? The ride that was re-done with less than 2 years in the park? Hell, even Stitch hasn't been redone yet.
I didn't technically say that JIYI was a good ride, I still prefer the first one as the best. It's just when I saw a couple POVs of it on YouTube, I didn't really found it as bad everyone said it was. Just sayin. :shrug: