Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From the offering standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to fill in and replace the multiple dead zones in the park? And from the local economy standpoint, Orlando grows more and more unaffordable every year and the parks are understaffed as it is. A new park will only make it worse. The only thing I get is the growth standpoint, but I'm kinda sick of everything being about growth instead of quality (Epic will be quality but the current parks have undeniable problems that should be taken care of first).

I think the land should have been a multi-purpose housing and retail development with some land being affordable housing for Universal employees (which to give them credit is actually happening but not soon enough).
But without growth they can't afford more expansions which means we get less overall in the end. They also don't have the room for all these new attractions. So less money and less room means these lands never would have happened more quickly in the form they have today.