Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ESPN WWoS "Bubble" Usage

And they just took out the toughest competition they’ll likely have to face all tournament.
Both of the teams we can potentially face in the semis aren’t going to be pushovers. San Jose plays a completely unique style compared to most teams in the entire world (a smothering man-marking style). Minnesota is actually top of the western conference right now and there’s blood (their coach was actually the coach who brought Orlando up from the lower division and we’ve never beaten them—though we’ve only played them twice).

We’re already further than anyone expected, and knocking out LAFC means every tournament favorite is now out.

Feels good, man.

Both of the teams we can potentially face in the semis aren’t going to be pushovers. San Jose plays a completely unique style compared to most teams in the entire world (a smothering man-marking style). Minnesota is actually top of the western conference right now and there’s blood (their coach was actually the coach who brought Orlando up from the lower division and we’ve never beaten them—though we’ve only played them twice).

We’re already further than anyone expected, and knocking out LAFC means every tournament favorite is now out.

Feels good, man.
I’ve been watching pretty much every game and I think I’d much rather face Minnesota than San Jose. SJ seems to play a very aggressive style which I think is probably not good for long term regular season play, but for this tournament, it makes me see them as the bigger threat.

I’ve been watching pretty much every game and I think I’d much rather face Minnesota than San Jose. SJ seems to play a very aggressive style which I think is probably not good for long term regular season play, but for this tournament, it makes me see them as the bigger threat.
It’s hard to say. The way Orlando has been controlling possession, I think we might have a better shot at playing through SJ. We just can’t afford bonehead mistakes against them. I think we can keep up with them for pace, considering we controlled LAFC (Wondolowski is my biggest fear with them).

Minnesota requires a little more tactical nuance and, the history of their coach and star player (who played on these exact fields in 2014), make me skittish to want to face them.

Perfect narrative though, it should be Minnesota and NYCFC making it through. Then all four of the remaining teams will have never won a major trophy.

I love how Matisse manages to make these vlogs extremely fun (Tobias Harris and Kyle O'Quinn have been comedy gold) while also showing candid team conversations about social justice (which Tobias Harris has also been at the forefront of). Also there's a brief look at the barbershop in the latest vlog.

Yeah... not thrilled right now...
Right around the 65’ I could smell trouble as Portland had City backed against the goal for a bit and then right after I mentioned I wasn’t feeling good to a friend, of course they scored.

Lots of questionable officiating down the stretch though imo.

Right around the 65’ I could smell trouble as Portland had City backed against the goal for a bit and then right after I mentioned I wasn’t feeling good to a friend, of course they scored.

Lots of questionable officiating down the stretch though imo.
I personally hate that ref from previous seasons.

Wait, NO!!!!! We're opening up the bubble?? Omg I missed this. Why? Why? WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

This was legit WORKING, like it worked!!!! Why F with it!!!! Look, I know its hard to be away from family so I so get it and sympathize BUT, so are many others right now due to this Pandemic and there is an end date (some sooner than others) for these players. Come on sports, you JUST won me back.

That bubble will be popped...
Wait, NO!!!!! We're opening up the bubble?? Omg I missed this. Why? Why? WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

This was legit WORKING, like it worked!!!! Why F with it!!!! Look, I know its hard to be away from family so I so get it and sympathize BUT, so are many others right now due to this Pandemic and there is an end date (some sooner than others) for these players. Come on sports, you JUST won me back.
This has been the plan since day 1.

Once the first round of the playoffs are over and there's only 8 teams left, family and friends (limited in number) will be able to come for each team. Everyone who comes will have to get tested just like the players - every single day. They also have to quarantine before flying to Orlando and then for a few days after arriving. Arrivals start on August 30th. Imo, they are handling this extremely well and i'm not worried at all.

Also, with the regular season now done and teams now down to 16 from 22, the Yacht Club no longer has teams staying at it. The Yacht Club is scheduled to open to the public until next Monday (August 24th) as far as I can tell from articles online. One team staying at this hotel moved over to the Grand and one team at the Grand went home. Eventually, all remaining teams will be housed at Gran Destino.