Fantasmic! | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasmic!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let us also not forget that the reason it needs more seating more desperately than it already did in the first place is because the show is not put on nightly like it once was.
yes it is. A few yeas ago it was down to two days a week at it's worst, but when Dan Cockerell took over DHS, it went back to running nightly.

Everyone must go like this comment on the Disney blogs Facebook page :lol:

Sweet! This is awesome who needs new rides at your least attended park when you can add benches! Kudos TDO your new benches will be another reason to jack up ticket prices and give 0 reasons to get an annual pass. Well done!

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyParksBlog

Yes that gentleman who wrote that comment sure looks familiar :look: :lol: :cheers:

Like someone who won't be riding Indy.....ooooooh! Burrrrrn :lol:

I can't. My only comment towards last night. I will defend Disney parks as much as I can but this. This! An entire press event! I can't believe this. I can't defend this. Had it been in a blog fine, but you don't need press and hype for benches.

This thread and topic is now something for Triumph the Dog...to poop on :lol:

triumph-meme-generator-for-me-to-poop-on-99ad0c.bmp

Details just coming in but plans include upgrades to effects, new scenes, and additional seating in the theater. More info as its available. No timeline yet.

UPDATE - Fantasmic will be converting the Standing Room area to accommodate seating. The conversion will add about 1,000 additional seats.

YES. FINALLY. like it's about time they started updating different scenes. i wanted the Dancing Bubbles to be changed for years now to introduce Lilo & Stitch and the Pixar movies. and now that there are Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph.

some more digital looking effects would look better on the rockwork also.

YES. FINALLY. like it's about time they started updating different scenes. i wanted the Dancing Bubbles to be changed for years now to introduce Lilo & Stitch and the Pixar movies. and now that there are Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph.

some more digital looking effects would look better on the rockwork also.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but had you read more of the thread it was reported that the ONLY change coming to Fantasmic is additional seating......by putting seats where the standing room only area is. No upgrades, no new scenes, nada. Sorry. :mean:

You should see how bad the conditions of FANTASMIC! are. Come on, they don't even have digital projections, and therefore they cannot even stop them if they need to, and the show has to be cancelled if something happens to the film. And the dragon's head on a stick...

You think that is bad? You should see the condition of the park it resides in! It is the least attended of the four and has not had a stand alone attraction built in years with the exception of a one scene 'walk thru'

I thought Disney's Animal Kingdom was in the worst conditions... It received its last addition in 2007 (Finding Nemo - The Musical). That's FIVE years ago! Sorry for the OT, but it is a bad situation indeed.

I always consider Epcot to be in the worst condition.

I did not say worst condition, but it is certainly not in a promising one. The least attended comment is a fact. It is the least attended out of the four. Unless the park is Magic Kingdom, no Disney Florida Theme Park is getting anything brand new built within the next year.

I did not say worst condition, but it is certainly not in a promising one. The least attended comment is a fact. It is the least attended out of the four. Unless the park is Magic Kingdom, no Disney Florida Theme Park is getting anything brand new built within the next year.

I think it's ridiculous Disney parks can go years without adding anything....crazy considering most theme parks usually add a brand new attraction every year

And it's pretty sad when a forum has to discuss which Disney theme park is in the worst condition.

Btw, why don't we have construction pics of this? :rofl:

Because the park is so boring and show so dated no one not even Disney fan sites can wait it out to get pics.

And they couldn't even elevate them properly! :rofl:

According to some pics from Theme Park Overload, the new rows of benches are so low you have to stand up to see over other people's heads to see the show in full view.

ibsIEdBOvshRTy.JPG

iWfOi3x85jBKN.JPG