Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty much what I expected, definitely think they could have made this a little longer, with maybe one extra show scene, but I guess there is no point in complaining now. Can't wait to ride it. the POV only shows so much.

I'm curious how much the "rocking" actually makes a difference in enjoyment.

I'm actually less excited after watching the pov. I really don't like gutters in coasters and it feels like that is most of what it is. I hope they prove me wrong but it feels like tsmm coaster edition.

arent they supposed to over hype it? i agree with your description of the ride, quality but really short

I think there's hyping and there's overhyping. I know they want to show their brand new ride off, but they should also be giving their guests a realistic view on what to expect. IMO

Pretty much what I expected, definitely think they could have made this a little longer, with maybe one extra show scene, but I guess there is no point in complaining now. Can't wait to ride it. the POV only shows so much.

I'm curious how much the "rocking" actually makes a difference in enjoyment.

Banks Lee from Attractions said the rocking wasn't very noticeable.

Two issues with the ride. Its short, and the stained glass on the cottage. It makes it too hard to see in with the glare.

I love the witch!

I think its a great little ride. I wouldnt wait anything more than 45 minutes to ride it though.

Well one thing for sure, we were wrong about the time estimates. The ride from the beginning of when they show the roller coaster to when they get back to the station was around 2 minutes and 36 seconds. That is longer than we thought. My guess is they are playing around with slowing down some of the dark portions to get more cars on the track. At those timings you would think they could get 4 cars on the track, which would hugely improve the capacity.

I think it is a neat little ride. Solid D-ticket for sure and like someone else said, for kids this will be a huge hit. This gives the 3 year old and up crowd one more coaster to go on while on their vacation. I won't comment on the minor details because on a video it is hard to tell what you can and cannot see and the quality of those things.

Last edited:
I think there's hyping and there's overhyping. I know they want to show their brand new ride off, but they should also be giving their guests a realistic view on what to expect. IMO

Banks Lee from Attractions said the rocking wasn't very noticeable.

well they can always hype my magic + which also is way overhyped

[video=youtube;wJhcgV5njN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJhcgV5njN8[/video]

Check this out!! Especially during the end. Wow.

Two issues with the ride. Its short, and the stained glass on the cottage. It makes it too hard to see in with the glare.

I love the witch!

I think its a great little ride. I wouldnt wait anything more than 45 minutes to ride it though.
agree no way i wait over 35/45 minutes for that
so when im there on june 2 it will either be FP or first thing i do

Finally a full POV, looks really fun but I don't notice the swinging. If the lines are as bad as we predict then yeah this will be TSMM all the way. Overall I'm happy and I'll give you my full review of new fantasy land when it's open

what would you wait 45 mins for at Magic Kingdom? Personally, my usual threshold is 30 mins tops for any ride. This is why I go early, and get the more popular rides done first. I don't see this as a ride that I would ever want to ride more then once per visit, but I'd definitely skip barnstormer for this.

Which makes me wonder how Barnstormer with be effected with this addition, considering they are so close to each other and cater towards a similar audience. I could see Barnstormers wait times diminish.

Let's hope they slow this down so they can bump capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

you can see the swinging much better in teh second half of that POV. It's minor, but I think it adds a nice touch.

For me if the wait is more than 25 minutes I tend to skip it. But then again I am coming from a different perspective and many families that go this is there onetime vacation to Disney. Some go yearly, but still the majority of guests are staying multiple days and each day trying to maximize their vacation. I stroll in at 3 PM and just ride whatever I can that has the smallest wait.

someone is reporting that three trains are indeed running at this point.

Well that gets us to 1200 an hour with my original calculations. I think it will be a little less since they lengthened the ride to accomplish this goal. I wonder if they will try for the forth train to get us even higher in capacity or if this is the max it will ever be.

It's funny how I'll wait 90 minutes for potter or Spider-man but when I go to Disney I'll skip things with a 40 minute wait. Maybe it's the ride itself or the line itself but you'd never catch me in a hour long line for space mountain

It's funny how I'll wait 90 minutes for potter or Spider-man but when I go to Disney I'll skip things with a 40 minute wait. Maybe it's the ride itself or the line itself but you'd never catch me in a hour long line for space mountain

90 min wait for any ride whether it be at Uni or Dni. lol........Only exception might be GB.

lol..90 mins? NEXT. I think I waited 60 mins for the Hulk once. The longest wait I've ever stood in was 2 hours for Millenium Force in Cedar Pointe, but I say it was totally worth it at the time.