Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blown AWAY! So beautiful.

jvdu1HRIF123x.jpg

Mine-Train-CGI.jpg

People on here said that this concept art was just too "unrealstic" and would need a lot of pixe dust. Disney still got it. :ears:

jlkPhNp5gk6ps.jpg

j15icOiVgFLNE.jpg

jbgSVYVIsaPil3.jpg

The Witch makes an appearance-

In the last view of the cottage, around the corner of the far wall, the Wicked Queen can be seen in her disguise as an old hag watching Snow White and the Dwarfs through a cottage window. She turns toward the train as it passes, and cackles wickedly.

Last edited:
man..it does look great, and im excited to hear that the witch does make an appearance. It really stinks that they decided to shrink the footprint of this though. If you are going to spend the money and all the effort, then do it! We should really expecting 110% from Disney..not 90%

man..it does look great, and im excited to hear that the witch does make an appearance. It really stinks that they decided to shrink the footprint of this though. If you are going to spend the money and all the effort, then do it! We should really expecting 110% from Disney..not 90%

I agree. At the same time, they were limited with space since the mine train is literally in the middle of fantasyland. If they would have added more track, the landscape would have been less wooded. The track hugs the ground and it should because it goes with the theme of a mine cart.

What I like about the witch is that you hear her wicked laugh as your train passes by. Cant help to think that she will be soon giving her the apple.

Last edited:
YAY WITCH!!! thats so awesome, puts a band aid on my scary adventure boo boo. Yeah the space isn't used to its advantage but hey it looks good. BTW disney just released a almost full POV. They aren't hiding anything anymore. Imagine if universal made a full POV for gringotts?[video=youtube;vMw6lLJWIgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMw6lLJWIgA[/video]

It definitely looks gorgeous :cheers: I don't think anyone doubted it would be. The issues are more with the time frames and what Disney is doing overall. But let's not...

:horse:

Anyways, like I've said from the beginning, SDMT is what I've been looking forward to most from New Fantasyland, and hopefully I'll check it out in a couple of months :thumbs:

YAY WITCH!!! thats so awesome, puts a band aid on my scary adventure boo boo. Yeah the space isn't used to its advantage but hey it looks good. BTW disney just released a almost full POV. They aren't hiding anything anymore. Imagine if universal made a full POV for gringotts?

No!!!! I want to see the whole thing. And without that stupid music.

No!!!! I want to see the whole thing. And without that stupid music.

you don't like stock royalty free music? its insanely catchy :dance: but yeah they basically cut out snow and the witch at the end to keep the watcher surprised....or not because you showed off everything else and we will be getting many POV's tomorrow thanks to your own media event

@InsideTheMagic: "Confirmed with Disney the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will *not* officially open after Friday’s dedication. Date TBA. (Softs always possible.)"

:shrug:

I wouldn't think they could do a grand opening with no softs. So my guess is they will give a grand opening date at this event and then softs can start any time between Friday and Grand Opening. But I would think they would want to start softs soon.

Oops, somebody else already posted the video of the ride through. The mine seems pretty nice. It should be a good ride, if albeit, on the short side.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think they could do a grand opening with no softs. So my guess is they will give a grand opening date at this event and then softs can start any time between Friday and Grand Opening. But I would think they would want to start softs soon.

The ride will not be operational for guests, PR or otherwise, till after the media event. Some serious problems have come up this weekend and they have work to do. It's nothing major, but will take time.

It looks great, but I still think this should be longer than two minutes long. The length of time to build and the meat of an attraction we got is the problem.

I'm beginning to think they may hold out for a grand opening on the 24 day to give a little extra buzz.

Looks like a fun little ride..a few years too long to build though..not sure if it is 'marquee' enough to carry its own promotional weight though...but Disney gets a pass by people on a lot of things..

We can all agree this took way too long to make but it a fun and cute for what it is, I'll bite. Looking back at the POV I really like the splash mountain touches where you can see the mine shafts and where the dwarfs work. All really neat. I'll wait to judge until I go on it myself

Looks like a fun little ride..a few years too long to build though..not sure if it is 'marquee' enough to carry its own promotional weight though...but Disney gets a pass by people on a lot of things..

It's completely overhyped by Disney, but it is a good ride and will be a quality addition to the park