Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From @Attractions:

BmEgiVIIIAAJhTx.jpg

BmEhqSeIAAAtssN.jpg

BmEhMI9IcAAHeii.jpg

I'm gonna go with splash for best mountain theming. Has it's own little world inside it. You'll see the house for br'er badger and then you'd see him later in the ride. Really feels like a home for all these critters

The highest level themed "coaster" attraction opens in a few weeks down the street :thumbs:
I don't buy that Gringotts will be on a superior level theming wise (at least in-ride). I expect the queue to be amazing, and that may do it right there. However, a "Coaster" that is majority screens doesn't come off to me as something I would describe as the highest level themed coaster (having not ridden it yet obviously).

I don't buy that Gringotts will be on a superior level theming wise (at least in-ride). I expect the queue to be amazing, and that may do it right there. However, a "Coaster" that is majority screens doesn't come off to me as something I would describe as the highest level themed coaster (having not ridden it yet obviously).

You assume it is majority screens

Plus I believe it has been made pretty clear by the insider formerly known as HTF and others that there will be some majorly huge show scenes and rock work inside the Gringotts ride with the screens implemented into the scene.

I find your lack of faith disturbing :lol:

I question more the label of Coaster than I do the level of theming. I think the sets will be amazing on Gringotts and blow the mine train away, but like I said, can it be considered a coaster. Yes, it sits on coaster track, but how much will feel like a real coaster.

When Disney doubled Dumbo (in a very nice way) I thought they got it. They got a highly successful Magic Kingdom and to accommodate as much guests as possible they expanded their most popular ride. And then they build probably the nicest looking coaster with a small dark side part in it with a very low capacity. Even if they get 3 coaster cars riding this ride is going to speak to they young, old and everything in between (unlike the dark ride they closed) so after entering and checking there is so much time that needs to pass.
They just filmed their commercials to tell everyone to come and ride the 7D coaster and people expect they can. They pay top dollars to stay in the hotels or travel from Europe or further to see that ride. It's not if Disney is lacks the money to go big. To build this ride 3 time as wide (not as high) with many more lift hills and dark ride parts so this could have had better capacity. My hopes and prays go to the poor castmembers who need to handle the constant complaints and have to handle all the disappointed guests.

Why do you think large companies like Coke continue to advertise? There are several factors, one is they want to grow their business and get more people to buy their product (no company is ever satisfied with their current level of customers). Two, they don't want a generation gap. Yes, people would still drink Coke, but would the next 20 something group still drink it if they didn't see it advertised as a kid. Especially Coke, because many parents do not allow their children to drink Soda and if they do, it is normally caffeine free type of drinks. So people don't get into the soda of their choice until they are older. So those advertisements help them see brand recognition so when they make their own choices they drink Coke. If they stopped advertising they could risk losing a certain generations business and that would be very bad for any product.

So yes, they would still have the same level of business for many years to come, but at some point it would bite them in the butt, and they would not have growth.

Completely agree, hence why Disney is always re-releasing stuff on DVD.

In the UK we have a movie channel dedicated to Disney movies as part of our movie package (guess you probably have one too), they are playing movies I've never seen before! Disney will do anything to reach new customers!