Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I've actually had experiences with a toddler with both the old fast pass system and the new one, and I definitely prefer the new one. Mainly for not having to be the fast pass runner for the family. You can also move times around via your iphone app, which we actually did when it started to rain and we decided to eat lunch early. It took all of 2 mins to pull up my fast pass on my phone and change my time to about 3 hours later..which worked out great because it stopped raining...so anyway....

My only real gripe with the fast pass system is that it limited your choices to 3, which I hear is fixed now.

I agree with all of this, for sure.

Well, I've actually had experiences with a toddler with both the old fast pass system and the new one, and I definitely prefer the new one. Mainly for not having to be the fast pass runner for the family. You can also move times around via your iphone app, which we actually did when it started to rain and we decided to eat lunch early. It took all of 2 mins to pull up my fast pass on my phone and change my time to about 3 hours later..which worked out great because it stopped raining...so anyway....

My only real gripe with the fast pass system is that it limited your choices to 3, which I hear is fixed now.

Good points but you do have look at the flaws aswell, I think they should've just updated the old system to accommodate apps, that's pretty much it. All this scheduling and rushing isn't a relaxing experience by any means unless you are with a family or group that can accept that kind of thing. BTW stupid question but can normal park guests get FP+ yet? The only time I used it was when I stayed at the swan and dolphin (my favorite hotel ever) during tech rehearsals

Good points but you do have look at the flaws aswell, I think they should've just updated the old system to accommodate apps, that's pretty much it. All this scheduling and rushing isn't a relaxing experience by any means unless you are with a family or group that can accept that kind of thing. BTW stupid question but can normal park guests get FP+ yet? The only time I used it was when I stayed at the swan and dolphin (my favorite hotel ever) during tech rehearsals

Yes everyone can use the system. I am still confused how they would just add allowing apps to the old system and how that is more or less relaxing than the system they made. I will admit there are flaws like them adding FP to rides that never should have had FP and therefore people get FPs to rides they don't need them for. Or that they can only reserve 3 no matter how busy it is (which they now changed). Or no park hopping (which they kinda fixed, but need to make way better). But the general concept and how it works was really the best way to do it.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, I absolutely love the FP+. Maybe its stressful trying to formulate a schedule before you actually visit. But when you get to the park you can go on your own pace as your scheduled time rolls up. IMO, it was much more stressful going to the park and having to worry about the availability of Fastpasses and if they were going to be for a manageable time. I like that now I can make little half-day trips to the parks in the afternoon and not have to worry about what FP's are going to be available. Its a lot more fun to roll up to the park to know we're going to ride Tower of Terror or Space Mountain at 5 pm than get there to find all the FP's gone for the day.

I think FP+ is a great system. I generally have an idea on what I'll do a day or two before I go so booking isn't an issue for me. The only real complaints I have is how long the line stretches outside of the entrance and the lack of flexibility day of. By about 11 or 12 you're stuck with what you got unless you're going to book at night.

Yeah I see all your points, I need another go around with it to make a final judgement instead of basing my entire experience on a tech rehearsal. I hope it improves and I hope all your issues are currently being worked on because they are all legitimate complaints

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, I absolutely love the FP+. Maybe its stressful trying to formulate a schedule before you actually visit. But when you get to the park you can go on your own pace as your scheduled time rolls up. IMO, it was much more stressful going to the park and having to worry about the availability of Fastpasses and if they were going to be for a manageable time. I like that now I can make little half-day trips to the parks in the afternoon and not have to worry about what FP's are going to be available. Its a lot more fun to roll up to the park to know we're going to ride Tower of Terror or Space Mountain at 5 pm than get there to find all the FP's gone for the day.

this is exactly how I felt. my first trip to Disney with my daughter was a whirlwind as I was constantly trying yo get more fast passes. the key to FP+ is to seperate the three throughout the day. One mid-morning, one just before/after lunch, and one after the parade. That way you have time to space things out. If you get to the park early enough you can usually hit like 3 or 4 less popular rides within 30-60 mins, and use your passes as the crowds start to grow. I wish you could do 4 or 5 reserve FP+ though, but I suppose it would make it too unfair for most guests.

This thing looks great! I for one enjoy FP+ and the My Disney Experience App. As someone stated, I do wish park-hopping was available to book in advance. Regardless, I have my 7DMT FP booked for Friday, May 30th; can't wait!

Lol I feel like I'm the only one here that doesn't park hop, I think I did it once and ehhh I don't like the hassle. A park a day is my perfect vacation at Disney. Get to relax and enjoy the park at your own pace instead of worrying about the other parks and the busses

I never understood the park hop thing either...I get that its very popular to go to magic kingdom for the morning/afternoon, and then hit Epcot for dinner/drinks and illuminations..but I rarely have the energy for that. ha ha.

I never understood the park hop thing either...I get that its very popular to go to magic kingdom for the morning/afternoon, and then hit Epcot for dinner/drinks and illuminations..but I rarely have the energy for that. ha ha.
Seriously, I stay at magic kingdom from opening to around 3, the lines get insane and I'm just too tired at that point. Could never think of going to Epcot after

Seriously, I stay at magic kingdom from opening to around 3, the lines get insane and I'm just too tired at that point. Could never think of going to Epcot after

I think if you are a tourist, you are going to have long days, working around show times, queue times and revervations.

When we last visited we almost always had long days, park hopping pretty often.

I think if you are a tourist, you are going to have long days, working around show times, queue times and revervations.

When we last visited we almost always had long days, park hopping pretty often.
I'm seriously so blessed to be a local, I couldn't imagine waiting years to go to Disney or universal. But I have long days sometimes when the crowds aren't bad. I almost always spend the entire day at uni or IOA and never really have half days. MK just gets to the point in the afternoon where it's just a sea of people. 50 minutes for magic carpets my ass. That's why I usually do everything in the morning and go home early

I have done the illuminations and run to get over to MK to do Wishes. Did that I think twice and it was a lot of fun, but no way do I do that with kids. When I was a tourist and didn't live in Orlando we would many times start our day in AK or DHS and then finish in either MK or Epcot. But now that I am a local I don't park hop unless I have a family in town and they want to. I think maybe once or twice I started somewhere else and ended in Epcot just for dinner and fireworks.

I park hop all the time. :laugh: I used to just buy 1-day park hoppers for like $100 (when they were that price) and hit all 4 parks in one day. Now THAT was exhausting.

I have done both park hopping to the extreme (going to 6 different parks in 1 day) and done the opposite by staying in 1 park from before opening to sometimes past close. The multiple parks was easier when Disney used to open the Animal Kingdom at 7am. I stayed in the Magic Kingdom this past Friday from before opening (picked to be part of a small crowd that was ushered to 7DMT, for a segment of Good Morning America, and I was hoping to be able to ride the attraction, but that was no avail), to well past the 11 o-clock closing time, mostly due to Space Mountain having technical problems.

You guys are so lucky to be able to just decide to go to the parks. Nearest thing I have is http://www.adventureisland.co.uk/main.html - Not to be confused with IOA!

I feel you man, a giant side of my family is British and they always tell me how awesome their parks are but when I take them to universal they wonder what they liked about them in the first place. I've always wanted to go to Alton towers though

Well... I was planning on taking a break from the Mouse since my Seasonal gets blacked out soon and the fact that I've gone 3 times in the last 3 months. However, I managed to snag some FP+ for the mine train at the end of May so I guess I'll be going again.

LOL - Three times in three months? I used to go almost every weekend :smiley: I do not go as often but there are still times I end up there 3 times in 2 weeks.