Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nope. Nothing. Select CMs have been invited to test ride apparently. No family. Just certain CMs. That's from WDW Magic.

I just checked the forum out of curiosity. Their soft opening watch thread is at 73 pages. :lol: POOR THINGS.

next time don't watch the ride POVs?
Still, they showed a ton with showcasing the AA's and scenery before the ride was in construction (POV for press using the phillharmagic screen and D23) they pretty much showed everything besides the secret ending. It was like transformers for me where I felt like I knew too much even though it was given to me by the company. Atleast universal didn't put up a full POV of the ride a month before it came up

Still, they showed a ton with showcasing the AA's and scenery before the ride was in construction (POV for press using the phillharmagic screen and D23) they pretty much showed everything besides the secret ending. It was like transformers for me where I felt like I knew too much even though it was given to me by the company. Atleast universal didn't put up a full POV of the ride a month before it came up

You're blaming Disney for putting up a POV a month before the ride opened and spoiling it? Nobody forced you to watch them once they were up.... :lol:

There are expanded CM previews for SDMT today, tomorrow and Thursday. So, I suppose it's possible we could see a public soft opening Friday.

Last edited:
I know someone who works in Disney. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will start soft opening thursday or friday, randomly, and continue through to the grand opening.

SDMT soft opened to park guests this morning for a limited time and then the line was closed off again. I'm hearing this may continue to happen for the rest of today, but there are no guarantees. Obviously, this greatly increases the likelihood that it will be operational for the 24 hour event this Friday.

Hopefully it's going good for Friday. Would be a nice addition/relief with the crowds of the 24 hour day. Would also be a good time to stress test the ride.

That sucks, I know it's probably for technical reasons but man that's a giant slap in the face for everybody that came today. This is a must for the 24 hour day, if not....ouch

Softs are always random. Is it really a "slap in the face" because people drop everything they are doing to stand in front of a ride that "might" open. Disney doesn't owe these people anything. Anyone willing to take such drastic measures is obviosuly aware that they may not be able to ride.

Softs are always random. Is it really a "slap in the face" because people drop everything they are doing to stand in front of a ride that "might" open. Disney doesn't owe these people anything. Anyone willing to take such drastic measures is obviosuly aware that they may not be able to ride.

I guess but still. 10 minutes and then letting the CMs ride? It's a bit jerkish. You'd be disappointed to if that happened to you

I guess but still. 10 minutes and then letting the CMs ride? It's a bit jerkish. You'd be disappointed to if that happened to you
They were testing out things in the queue according to what I read on WDWM. It had nothing to do with the ride at all, which was why the soft period was so short.