Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
there is already a 3 hour wait to ride according to WDWM. That's crazy, but not unexpected.

I think it's funny that Disney decides to "soft" open on one of the busiest and longest days in the park. Talk about testing the limits. Place your bets that the ride breaks down by 2pm.

The rest of the lines (besides Frozen M&G) must be complete walk-ons.

there is already a 3 hour wait to ride according to WDWM. That's crazy, but not unexpected.

I think it's funny that Disney decides to "soft" open on one of the busiest and longest days in the park. Talk about testing the limits. Place your bets that the ride breaks down by 2pm.

The rest of the lines (besides Frozen M&G) must be complete walk-ons.
Call me crazy but if I was at Disney for 24 hours I would go on a 3 hour line for mine train no problem. It'll definitely break down today but hey I'm very impressed that Disney pulled it off for today

I'm actually glad they opened it today. It would have been a really bad look, IMO, if a ride that's 5 days away from it's Grand Opening wasn't open for one of the top drawing events at the park.

Personally I wouldn't wait 3 hours for this ride, but then again I wouldn't wait that long for any ride. Including the new Potter.

Well you have fun riding Gringotts in two years, then.

I only waited 20 mins to ride the FJ 4 months after it opened, and it was a Saturday no less.

- - - Updated - - -

I read that they have 5 trains working. So it seems all those folks saying only 2 to 3 trains at full capacity was full of ****.

Well I can't go this weekend. I have fast passes for June 1st, but it may only be husband and daughter riding it. If they got 5 trains on, then capacity should not be an issue.

I only waited 20 mins to ride the FJ 4 months after it opened, and it was a Saturday no less.

- - - Updated - - -

I read that they have 5 trains working. So it seems all those folks saying only 2 to 3 trains at full capacity was full of ****.

You have no idea how happy that makes me. Hopefully this will equal to hour long waits at the most in the longrun

A friend of mine who just rode 7DMT told me it was fun but 30 seconds of coaster, 30 seconds of dark ride, and 30 seconds of coaster. Fun but short.

Hey guys it ran all day today with no break downs during a 24 hour even. Disney deserves a giant sticker and pat on the back for that because that is honestly impressive :happy:

So I rode Mine Train tonight and it was very well done but also pretty underwhelming. I thought for some reason there were 2 indoor show scenes. Nope. Just one. But it was great for what it was. I definitely won't be waiting more than a few minutes for it again in the future. Nice but oh so short.

I had thought there were 2 indoor scenes as well, so I ended up being underwhelmed with already tempered expectations. The scene was nice and the minimalist swinging was a nice effect (I actually think the swinging is just enough, I've heard it's too little, but I feel if it swung more it'd be overkill). It just is such a short ride.

Rode it last night. Posted wait was 75 minutes but ended up waiting 40. The queue is nothing to write home about, but the gem barrels are neat. The ride itself is fun, nothing groundbreaking but enjoyable. Very smooth and has fun turns. The mine scene has excellent AAs and the cottage was a nice touch, though I wish the ride would go inside the cottage. My only major complaint was that the ride could have been at least 30 seconds longer, but overall it was a nice ride. Considering it's high capacity, waits shouldn't be an issue.

So I rode Mine Train tonight and it was very well done but also pretty underwhelming. I thought for some reason there were 2 indoor show scenes. Nope. Just one. But it was great for what it was. I definitely won't be waiting more than a few minutes for it again in the future. Nice but oh so short.

I had thought there were 2 indoor scenes as well, so I ended up being underwhelmed with already tempered expectations. The scene was nice and the minimalist swinging was a nice effect (I actually think the swinging is just enough, I've heard it's too little, but I feel if it swung more it'd be overkill). It just is such a short ride.

So pretty much exactly what we were expecting. Thanks for your thoughts guys. A solid addition, but just short of being something really great. Had this not been put on such a pedestal or had so much pressure put on it, I think it could have been a really nice, quiet addition instead of a decent, but underwhelming major tentpole.

The problem is with this ride is really the time it took to build it. When you have to wait 4 years for one ride your anticipation is gonna be through the roof to the point where nothing could really reach it. That's probably what's going to happen with me at avatar land and this when I finally ride it. Thanks for your reviews!!!!