Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has the line still been wrapping around the outside of the mountain today? Waited 90 mins yesterday and start of the ine was back toward Stoybook Circus. Would think the queue for this would be able to handle a 90 minute line since i'd expect that would be something they'll get in peak season fairly consistantly (at lest initially).

Has the line still been wrapping around the outside of the mountain today? Waited 90 mins yesterday and start of the ine was back toward Stoybook Circus. Would think the queue for this would be able to handle a 90 minute line since i'd expect that would be something they'll get in peak season fairly consistantly (at lest initially).

The line starting few fets fm the entrance. He flow was really nice and we kept moving. The interactive part of the queue slowed down the line a lot. I think the line will be able to hold 180 minutes considering that fast passes will take over 80% of the flow. I think this is when you will have time to play the games.
The ride is really fun, pretty sample but fun. The dark ride looks awesome and the AAs are fantastic. Rode twice and I really loved it.

How are crowds at the MK? Its Memorial Day weekend and I just read someone was able to book FP+ for the mine train for 10:45 AM today just an hour or so before hand. Now that could just be because they snagged one of the last allotted slots for today but was more curious if crowds were where they needed to be.

HTML:
How are crowds at the MK? Its Memorial Day weekend and I just read someone was able to book FP+ for the mine train for 10:45 AM today just an hour or so before hand. Now that could just be because they snagged one of the last allotted slots for today but was more curious if crowds were where they needed to be.

To be honnest the parked was packed but most of the ride didn't had any wait time at 6pm. We did haunted mansion and the little mermaid without any lines.

I think it's gonna take a while for everyone to really understand FP honestly. Plus the ride technically isn't open yet :lol:

I think it's gonna take a while for everyone to really understand FP honestly. Plus the ride technically isn't open yet :lol:

They were utilizing FP+ today for the ride though.

Numerous other attractions were flying through FP+ tickets today, not to mention regardless of whether its officially open or not people at Disney have an extreme awareness about them. If it opens THEY KNOW lol

They were utilizing FP+ today for the ride though.

Numerous other attractions were flying through FP+ tickets today, not to mention regardless of whether its officially open or not people at Disney have an extreme awareness about them. If it opens THEY KNOW lol

I meant the average Joe park guest, not Disney. I could be wrong since I haven't been, but I feel like many people still don't understand how to maximize their use of FP+. If you're planning ahead, you probably weren't wasting a reservation on the not guaranteed to be open mine train either.

I meant the average Joe park guest, not Disney. I could be wrong since I haven't been, but I feel like many people still don't understand how to maximize their use of FP+. If you're planning ahead, you probably weren't wasting a reservation on the not guaranteed to be open mine train either.
If we're talking about an average Joe park guest here, how would they know that they may be "wasting" a reservation and that it will not be guaranteed to be open. If they see it listed to be selected, the only thing they are thinking is that they can ride it, that's it.

Also, it's never a waste if you have a FP+ selection. If a ride goes down during your FP window, they put in a FP+ in the system that you can use to ride any ride within the park with (actually, it automatically happens to anyone with a FP scheduled once the ride goes in the system as offline). At least that's been my experience.

If we're talking about an average Joe park guest here, how would they know that they may be "wasting" a reservation and that it will not be guaranteed to be open. If they see it listed to be selected, the only thing they are thinking is that they can ride it, that's it.

Also, it's never a waste if you have a FP+ selection. If a ride goes down during your FP window, they put in a FP+ in the system that you can use to ride any ride within the park with (actually, it automatically happens to anyone with a FP scheduled once the ride goes in the system as offline). At least that's been my experience.

True. And I didn't know about that rule. But that's a great false safe in the system.

After having ridden this a few more times, I do have to say it is really enjoyable. I rode twice in the last row and it does have a nice little bit of a thrill from back there.

If I had to accurately describe the ride, I would say...

The coaster portion is right around the same level thrill as Barnstormer
The queue is well themed (although underbuilt) - reminds me of BTMRR queue
The dark ride portion reminds me of a lesser Splash Mountain - the scene is of high quality, track layout through it very similar to the scene just before the big drop on splash.

It's a nice ride, and even though I did compare parts of it to Splash and BTMRR, it's a far cry from both. The coaster portion dictates this ride, and as i've said, the coaster is most similar to Barnstormer.

always thought the building looked a little small for a large queue. I have a feeling this line will move quickly though if they can keep the capacity at full speed.

I rode it early morning during the 24 hour event. The wait time posted was 60 minutes but I was on in less than 20. Once the line hits the indoor portion it is very quick to the actual boarding station. The problem I had with the ride was how narrow the restraints were, especially on a large person like myself. I have an easier time fitting in the barnstormer or the flight of the hippogriff than this ride.

Last edited:
I feel the wait estimates so far have counted in for FP+ guests that haven't fully been added yet. Tomorrow starts the first full day of operation with full FP+ deployment.

Yeah, and if you wanna talk about extended queues, this one is just a straight line out the door all the way to the entrance of Storybook Circus.
The difference is that the extended Gringotts queue is specifically being built to be the way it is. The SDMT queue seems to be slightly underbuilt, which is a big difference.

Now, the reasoning for the queue extending out could also just be interest in riding since the ride just opened. Maybe once people have been on the ride and some of the hype dies down, the existing queue will be sufficient enough to handle the crowds that want to ride.

The difference is that the extended Gringotts queue is specifically being built to be the way it is. The SDMT queue seems to be slightly underbuilt, which is a big difference.

Now, the reasoning for the queue extending out could also just be interest in riding since the ride just opened. Maybe once people have been on the ride and some of the hype dies down, the existing queue will be sufficient enough to handle the crowds that want to ride.

You can say the same for Gringotts and every extended queue in existence. When you don't need to use it, it doesn't really matter much, does it?