Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally back from my trip! We rode on Wednesday, May 28. Posted wait was 70 minutes and since we were out the door 73 minutes after entering the queue I'd say it was fairly accurate.

As most are saying, the indoor scene is by far the best element of this attraction. The animatronics are stunning and incredibly lifelike.

However, the ride itself was just okay. My entire party equated it to waiting 70 minutes for Flight of the Hippogriff.

If the wait is under 30 minutes, give it a whirl. If it's higher, watch a video of the indoor scene on Youtube.

-Andy

I was travelling across town in a subway train here in Toronto today and I tripped across this toony poster.
The tiny tagline at the bottom is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Now Open!

Just as a point of comparison, I haven't seen any subway advertising for Universal Parks. But I have seen many commercials for Universal on Canadian tv in this past year.

Hmm, that's kinda cool. Mass transit in NYC is loaded with ads and I've never seen any for Disney, Universal or SeaWorld. I've seen plenty of SeaWorld and Universal ads on TV lately, though.

New Fantasyland has three glaring mistakes -
No E-ticket (B&TB trackless dark ride could have been the anchor)

Storybook Circus (aside from the double Dumbos... this is just laziness. I would have preferred Wonderland get a mini-land (Cheshire Cat/Caterpillar for Barnstormer), Dumbo gets a circus area, while the tents give way to Princess Fairytale Hall)

Loss of a classic dark ride for a M&G (seriously... would it have been that hard to remove the tents for a Princess M&G? Retheme Snow White to Sleeping Beauty or Mary Poppins) - just a terrible replacement.

If we hadn't lost a dark ride, and gained one more as well, along with the M&G, New Fantasyland would be a 100% win.

There really is no E-ticket but I don't think Fantasyland has ever had a true E-ticket so it doesn't feel like one is missing.

Well in its hey day it was an e ticket, these days, I would call it a C ticket as best similar to the Nemo Subs in Cali, solid C, slightly D ticket.

You know what I realized this expansion was missing? A proper show. Something like the one in the fairy tale...land hall at Disneyland would've done wonders

Matterhorn Bobsleds is an E-ticket... Pooh's Hunny Hunt too. 20K would be a D similar to SDMT. Small World could be considered an E.

If Pan's an E, then E.T.'s an E+++++++++++ :lol: can't believe there's people who consider PPF a better attraction than E.T.

MK has the most available space of any MK, so having no E-ticket in Fantasyland is kinda sad. A trackless dark ride would be perfect, but i can't see Fantasyland getting anything new until Tomorrowland gets fixed or Frontierland gets a new addition.

Last edited:
Matterhorn Bobsleds is an E-ticket... Pooh's Hunny Hunt too. 20K would be a D similar to SDMT. Small World could be considered an E.

If Pan's an E, then E.T.'s an E+++++++++++ :lol: can't believe there's people who consider PPF a better attraction than E.T.

MK has the most available space of any MK, so having no E-ticket in Fantasyland is kinda sad. A trackless dark ride would be perfect, but i can't see Fantasyland getting anything new until Tomorrowland gets fixed or Frontierland gets a new addition.

Its a totally different ride and client base. I have a hard time believing that all the people that fill Fantasy Land would be all be standing in line waiting for Rock It. The nostalgia base for Pan is what drives it now.

As someone old enough to remember the ticketing system, 20K and Small World were both E-tickets, and I think Peter Pan was a D, with Snow White a C (I think). Other E-tickets-Haunted Mansion, Country Bear Jamboree, Pirates, Space Mountain. Carousel of Progress, If You Had Wings, Circle-Vision 360, and the Walt Disney Story were all free, requiring no ticket at all.

Its a totally different ride and client base. I have a hard time believing that all the people that fill Fantasy Land would be all be standing in line waiting for Rock It. The nostalgia base for Pan is what drives it now.
That could be applied to MK as a whole

I'm just saying that Pan hasn't been an E since Matterhorn/20K/IASW joined Fantasyland. He's a nice C and E.T. is a similar ride experience, it just doesn't whip you around the track (surprised at how much PPF whipped around turns)

But a trackless dark ride isn't Rockit :lol: it'd be a solid E-ticket for Fantasyland (IASW pretty much is one, but another wouldn't hurt)

And that awkward moment when you realize Country Bears Jamboree was an E-ticket back in the days before Splash Mountain :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

That could be applied to MK as a whole

:thumbs: MK hasn't gotten a true E-ticket addition since 1992. I sincerely think it'll take both Universal parks going past 10 million by 2016/2017 for TDO to take any serious action for the 50th.

CBJ was originally a D ticket but was so popular (They had to remove 2 stores to increase line space) that it was swapped with Hall Of Presidents, which originally had been an E.