Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I had to guess a new timeline....

2023 - Super Nintendo World opens in February, Revenge of the Mummy, Animal Actors, Special Effects Show all close late in the year

2024 - Bourne Stuntacular and a new Tram Station open on the Mummy plot of land (along with a new restaurant), old tram station closes

2025 - Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift opens where Animal Actors and Special Effects Show once were

Net gain: Two new rides, two new sections of the park, one show.
Mine:
2022 - New tram tour stop added, Toothsomes
2023 - Super Nintendo World in January, with AA and SES going down around the same time so the park doesn't lose too much capacity at once
Lower Lot Soundstages torn down in either 2023 or 2024
2024 - If they do retheme Supercharged so there aren't two FF attractions in the park, guessing early 2024. FF coaster late 2024 or early 2025 at the latest, I feel like they'd rush this to keep the momentum from SNW
2025 - Bourne for summer, new tram tour plaza around the same time. Maybe tear down Mummy after Labor Day? (Tram tour stop in Mummy doesn't make the most sense to me, due to its location)

Some things to shuffle around: New Dreamworks Theatre show, hopefully something for TWDA, NintendoLA

Boy who would’ve thought USH would step into the coaster arena?

While that layout above would be fun, do they really need to sacrifice two high capacity shows for one coaster? I think Simpsons would be a better plot of land.
Let’s be honest though, unless you’re a day visitor with extra time, you aren’t going out of your way to see these shows. The shows are outdated, the buildings are old, and they’re nothing compared to WaterWorld.

SES never seemed too empty to me either. The park is technically dedicated to the art of making movies, some people really do come to see that

Mine:
2022 - New tram tour stop added, Toothsomes
2023 - Super Nintendo World in January, with AA and SES going down around the same time so the park doesn't lose too much capacity at once
Lower Lot Soundstages torn down in either 2023 or 2024
2024 - If they do retheme Supercharged so there aren't two FF attractions in the park, guessing early 2024. FF coaster late 2024 or early 2025 at the latest, I feel like they'd rush this to keep the momentum from SNW
2025 - Bourne for summer, new tram tour plaza around the same time. Maybe tear down Mummy after Labor Day? (Tram tour stop in Mummy doesn't make the most sense to me, due to its location)

Some things to shuffle around: New Dreamworks Theatre show, hopefully something for TWDA, NintendoLA
I really hope they don't blow that precious Mummy space for a relocated attraction and a show. No offense to your proposed timeline, but I think that would be a terrible replacement for Mummy. It needs to be a new thrill ride.
Let’s be honest though, unless you’re a day visitor with extra time, you aren’t going out of your way to see these shows. The shows are outdated, the buildings are old, and they’re nothing compared to WaterWorld.
SES never seemed too empty to me either. The park is technically dedicated to the art of making movies, some people really do come to see that
I agree that a new coaster would sit better for the majority over some stale and old shows, not to mention their structures can only last so long. I just think USH needs to consider that they're getting rid of two people-eating attractions and giving up the few shows venues they have left. How is HHN going to be able to have a show for the event? I guess they could use Universal Plaza for a show if they really wanted to, but they can't just have WW for their only entertainment venue.

Plus, Bourne is supposed to come, which would leave no room for it.....unless they somehow managed to cram the whole station, queue, and maintenance shed into the SES space and leave AA for Bourne.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I really hope they don't blow that precious Mummy space for a relocated attraction and a show. No offense to your proposed timeline, but I think that would be a terrible replacement for Mummy. It needs to be a new thrill ride.
yeah, i was saying that in response to LintemuthStudios's timeline, I don't think that's what would happen to Mummy. I put the Mummy closing at the end of my timeline. Even still, the tram tour relocation would open up a much larger space for theme park expansion than the size of Mummy. Wouldn't be the worst fate, but the location would be sorta weird anyways for trams

I agree that a new coaster would sit better for the majority over some stale and old shows, not to mention their structures can only last so long. I just think USH needs to consider that they're getting rid of two people-eating attractions and giving up the few shows venues they have left. How is HHN going to be able to have a show for the event? I guess they could use Universal Plaza for a show if they really wanted to, but they can't just have WW for their only entertainment venue.

Plus, Bourne is supposed to come, which would leave no room for it.....unless they somehow managed to cram the whole station, queue, and maintenance shed into the SES space and leave AA for Bourne.
Alicia's video did say that Bourne could go somewhere downstairs. There is a lot of expansion space once those soundstages go down.

Honestly thinking the timeline's closer to this:

2022 - The NOPE Experience on The Studio Tour, terraforming for Upper Lot begins in July
2023 - AA Closes [January], SNW [February], NintendoLA [November]
2024 - F&F Hollywood Drift [June]
2025 - The New! Studio Tour relocation & The Bourne Stuntacular [April]

Depending on the build, I can see F&F being a much simpler attraction than that of Velocicoaster, or Hagrid if it's more set on exposed steel and low to the ground. Also looking between the grass with some of Screamscapes comments on the electric trams.

Like I would loveeee if they did that but the Tour and that show just arent updated enough

For out of towners might be fine but if we get a new special effects show, I'd like at least one segment to change each year...

Eventually you have to ramp back up discussion on walking dead space
Um....nothing can fit in that space. We already went over this in TWDA thread. There's only enough room for one of two things: Another year-round haunt/new walkthrough (Which we've already determined they're done with year-round mazes) or a flex venue for special events or an HHN house. That space is going to be a flex venue now.

Even if they combined the Starbucks and the gift shop right next to it (They're not), there would still be barely enough space for maybe another simulator or maybe a tiny show. The last thing this park needs is yet another simulator so.....

The only thing I can think of is DK, but I doubt (maybe hope) that's not coming
Why not? Nothing else is going to go in that rumored space. Might as well give USH a family coaster if we're to get that F&F coaster.

Why not? Nothing else is going to go in that rumored space. Might as well give USH a family coaster if we're to get that F&F coaster.
Oh, it has nothing to do with the ride itself, which I’m actually really excited to see. It’s more so that it would be another one attraction land in some of the park’s last expansion space for the foreseeable future. It wouldn’t even be connected to SNW. I just don’t think it’s well suited for Hollywood.

and yeah, I can’t think of what permanent replacement they could have for TWDA except maybe the Minion Stand Thru? Does anyone know if thatd fit? I did forget, there was that discussion circling the Illumination Parisian replacement rumor

Oh, it has nothing to do with the ride itself, which I’m actually really excited to see. It’s more so that it would be another one attraction land in some of the park’s last expansion space for the foreseeable future. It wouldn’t even be connected to SNW. I just don’t think it’s well suited for Hollywood.

and yeah, I can’t think of what permanent replacement they could have for TWDA except maybe the Minion Stand Thru? Does anyone know if thatd fit? I did forget, there was that discussion circling the Illumination Parisian replacement rumor
The tram area and simpsons land are enough room for two new lands

DK would be a great fit for the park and they can make more room if they want like WW area and re doing the front of the park and using some of Citywalk

Eventually we have to ramp back up discussion on walking dead

Nothing can really fit into that space. If anything, I think the most they could even get out of it, is maybe using a small portion of the indoor queue to expand Studios Store, but for the most part, I have to think it's just going to be a venue for HHN going forward.

The tram area and simpsons land are enough room for two new lands
Expansion space = not replacing something. The Simpsons replacement is a ways away anyways, I'd assume.

DK would be a great fit for the park and they can make more room if they want like WW area and re doing the front of the park and using some of Citywalk
I mean, I know you really like Nintendo and want it in the parks, and I do too. But do you think it makes sense for Hollywood to remove WW for one ride after they get rid of SES and AA? I just don't see how another land with one ride is worth it. We already have WW, and SNW coming up. Both I think were very necessary for getting those properties in the park, but now that we have them I think Diagon would be a bad fit for the same reason, and I love the land and am a major HP nerd.