Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Based on the rumors about how this new coaster interacts with a hill that I just looked up is officially apparently around 200 feet, this is taller than any current coaster at Universal Orlando. It will make a statement for being a legit thrill coaster and add kinetic energy when riding the Starway.

Echoing others, super happy this coaster project seems to be going forward!

Dom-toretto GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Last edited:
So that Twitter guy is right! Mummy is closing next year!

Obviously I joke, but it’s good to see that this ride is actually happening!

Good God, that guy has been replying and retweeting everyone mention this and reminding everyone they "broke" the story first. No one really does that unless they're surprised they were right in the first place

Reading the PR, and I'm wondering when they'll talk about this project. Part of me is wondering if they could have a presentation to talk about the park ahead of USH60 during the SNW Media junkets; as the electric trams should be finished by then.

Would be weird to see it immediately jump in the terms of the conversation, but I wouldn't mind it.

Reading the PR, and I'm wondering when they'll talk about this project. Part of me is wondering if they could have a presentation to talk about the park ahead of USH60 during the SNW Media junkets; as the electric trams should be finished by then.

Would be weird to see it immediately jump in the terms of the conversation, but I wouldn't mind it.

There is a new Fast and Furious movie next year, so I think that would be a good time to announce the ride. I don't think they are going to mention anything to take the attention away from SNW during its media blitz.

There is a new Fast and Furious movie next year, so I think that would be a good time to announce the ride. I don't think they are going to mention anything to take the attention away from SNW during its media blitz.

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they announce this alongside the marketing/release of Fast X in May for an opening date the following year to coincide with the release of Fast 11.

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they announce this alongside the marketing/release of Fast X in May for an opening date the following year to coincide with the release of Fast 11.
That would make a ton of sense but I feel like this ride happening in only 13 months seems a bit of a stretch

Reactions: fryoj
This will be so easy to market and promote with SNW drawing massive crowds. Not only will you see the construction, having back to back bangers of lands/rides is guaranteed to get a lot of those customers back. Smart move, USH.

Reactions: MikePat
I don’t see them announcing this until we’re well into Summer. I really don’t think they want this to steal SNW’s Thunder. They haven’t said a peep about VelociCoaster until around the time and that’s even when they were installing all of that coaster track. Though installing coaster track at USH is going to be a much bigger deal than UO and will be harder to hide

I don’t see them announcing this until we’re well into Summer. I really don’t think they want this to steal SNW’s Thunder. They haven’t said a peep about VelociCoaster until around the time and that’s even when they were installing all of that coaster track. Though installing coaster track at USH is going to be a much bigger deal than UO and will be harder to hide
I agree but I think it would make sense to have teasers plastered all over the construction walls when SNW is open - every visitor to the park will have to squeeze past this bottle neck so it's a perfect free advertising opportunity.

And a legit Intamin coaster coming to SoCal!

Well at least it'll be an open Intamin coaster, unlike Xcelerator.

Good God, that guy has been replying and retweeting everyone mention this and reminding everyone they "broke" the story first. No one really does that unless they're surprised they were right in the first place

If you go back to that guy's original tweet, he said it was an unconfirmed rumor, so he was clearly not confident in the information to begin with and was setting up an excuse if it ended up being wrong. He can't have it both ways.

Yeah, I can't see this opening till 2025.
They’re starting construction at the beginning of next year and even then it’s already evident some prep work is being done. A roller coaster track doesn’t take long to put together. The biggest work will be tearing down AA and SES and building the station.

I totally see a 2024 opening being feasible.

They’re starting construction at the beginning of next year and even then it’s already evident some prep work is being done. A roller coaster track doesn’t take long to put together. The biggest work will be tearing down AA and SES and building the station.

I totally see a 2024 opening being feasible.

The coaster track is the quick part for sure. Tearing down existing buildings and building new ones in California on the edge of a hillside are going to be more complicated. I guess I'm also assuming theres going to be some sort of show scenes and theming to the building. If they got for a dark shell with screens, I guess it could go quicker. Not saying they couldn't pull off late 24, I just think 25 is a safer bet.