Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No, but it is better themed and that was the original point.

I thought we were talking about the coaster itself being "out of the comfort zone" (which is still a take I don't agree with when they already have the rep in the past of huge unthemed coasters outside of the queue), my bad.

Anyways, I don't think Gringotts should count as it's more of a dark ride above all and is even less of a coaster than Mummy. I don't see any world where that side of the mountain gets random fast and furious theming besides street signs if they're going for a drive in the hills vibe, but really I would argue VC only has theming in one part of the ride itself so it doesn't even matter to me.

I thought we were talking about the coaster itself being "out of the comfort zone" (which is still a take I don't agree with when they already have the rep in the past of huge unthemed coasters outside of the queue), my bad.

Anyways, I don't think Gringotts should count as it's more of a dark ride above all and is even less of a coaster than Mummy. I don't see any world where that side of the mountain gets random fast and furious theming besides street signs if they're going for a drive in the hills vibe, but really I would argue VC only has theming in one part of the ride itself so it doesn't even matter to me.
If only Universal had the rights to IPs that could use the environment to enhance the ride....looks at ET, Zelda, Harry Potter, Pokemon, HTTYD, Kunfu Panda, Jurassic

I took out the comfort zone to being more of six flags type coaster with the multi launch hook start.

I see it as a compromise between thrills and theming and either way, I think it will be a fun addition to the park.

If only Universal had the rights to IPs that could use the environment to enhance the ride....looks at ET, Zelda, Harry Potter, Pokemon, HTTYD, Kunfu Panda, Jurassic

My only guess besides Jurassic and Potter (and Zelda if Nintendo wasn't notoriously family friendly), it was the only more mature IP they had for use. HTTYD or Shrek's dragon would've been more fun but parents will get mad their kids can't ride. ET would be full camp as a big launch coaster and I'd be down but thats not gonna happen due to family friendliness sadly.

I'm just glad we're finally getting a big coaster which to me makes a Universal park a Universal park even though they seem kinda limited with what they could do with space.

I took out the comfort zone to being more of six flags type coaster with the multi launch hook start.

I mean Universal has always kinda done coasters with less generic elements outdoors and indoors, I personally think they're fine. I do expect Universal to do something slightly innovative which this looks to be with its intensity and drifting cars. However, I do worry about downtime since it's Intamin and looks a bit more complicated, but it can't be worse than Hagrid's I guess lol

Last edited:
Something I now realize. If DKC goes forward, as does F&F...That puts USH directly in the eye's of three varying levels of coasters.

The true kids coaster with Hippogriff, the Family coaster with DKC, and F&F as the pure thrill coaster. All of them give something different for families of interest; and depending on the matter, thematic intensity if F&F goes as thematically rich as Velocicoaster did.

Something I now realize. If DKC goes forward, as does F&F...That puts USH directly in the eye's of three varying levels of coasters.

The true kids coaster with Hippogriff, the Family coaster with DKC, and F&F as the pure thrill coaster. All of them give something different for families of interest; and depending on the matter, thematic intensity if F&F goes as thematically rich as Velocicoaster did.
USH needed a good roster of coaster for a long time. This would be great. This would also finally give them a good reason to axe the Mummy to expand the lower lot. I don’t see that happening until 2025 at the earliest tbh. They probably want DK to replace that capacity at least.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
So dumb question but why not Star working in the hill for 6 months and have some track up
So we don’t lose two shows longer then we need to?

So dumb question but why not Star working in the hill for 6 months and have some track up
The actual track installation takes no time compared to the building and theming. Also it will be different crews, so they will happen concurrently.

Reactions: Rideguy70 and Freak
Let’s goooooooooo!

I know that guy who posted the rumor isn’t to be trusted, but do y’all think there’s some validity to those rumors of AA and SES closing Jan 8th?

Let’s goooooooooo!

I know that guy who posted the rumor isn’t to be trusted, but do y’all think there’s some validity to those rumors of AA and SES closing Jan 8th?
I think there might be, but until Universal announces it i I’m not sure its certain. The delaying of SNW could very well have caused some other things to be delayed if they’re worried about capacity

I'd assume they would need to tackle the infastructure of a degrading hill in topography would dictate for a large project of that scale to take place; with it affecting that area directly, that they would have to close SES and Animal Actors regardless: so they can tear down and reduce the risk of collapse.

My question is on Luigis, P.Q. Butterfats, and Duff Gardens. How long they last closed, how they change after they open.

I'd assume they would need to tackle the infastructure of a degrading hill in topography would dictate for a large project of that scale to take place; with it affecting that area directly, that they would have to close SES and Animal Actors regardless: so they can tear down and reduce the risk of collapse.

My question is on Luigis, P.Q. Butterfats, and Duff Gardens. How long they last closed, how they change after they open.

Actually, a Fast and Furious mini land would be interesting.