Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In my opinion Universal should Scrap San Francisco and turn it into London so the ride can be based on Fast and Furious 6. London should also expand Fear Factor to be used for another attraction set in London such as The Wolfman, Bourne series, James Bond etc

I'm not sure JK Rowling would allow that.

Maybe there will be two copies of the ride? Side-by-side showrooms to increase capacity? Then you're looking at 120k of space being taken up by Supercharged x2 and the rest is queue?

I know they already have ride system planned for this ride, but I hope it's something like this.

If not, maybe they could use it in Nintendoland.

Reactions: Derek R
Maybe there will be two copies of the ride? Side-by-side showrooms to increase capacity? Then you're looking at 120k of space being taken up by Supercharged x2 and the rest is queue?

Well, if it has the same capacity as the USH trams then that's extremely unnecessary. Or at least a massive queue would be. Let's just say the ride portion can hold about 80 people in three separate chambers (as USH does), while another tram is loading, and another is unloading that would already give it an insanely high capacity. That would make for six to seven "RVs", each holding 80 people. presumably there's a small transit area that can be used as a holding pen prior and after to being in the building. Each "chamber" lasts about 90 seconds. That's 500 to 600 people this thing can eat up at a time, and unlike T2 or Shrek 4D, people will be eaten into this every 90 seconds to 2 minutes.

Concievably that would make it the highest capacity attraction on Earth. Now, it's a bit ridiculous to assume that (rough estimates) but I don't see a reason if this is a clone to double it, since it was already crafted to hold a crapton of people.

And good lord those Beetlejuice kids. Petitions never, ever work to prevent attractions from closing. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Why don't people learn these things?

Are we looking at an early, mid or late 2017 opening? Similarly, any recent hints on a Volcano Bay opening date?

Awkward planning a vacation in advance!

Reactions: martymcflyy85
2017 is going to be such an insanely weird year for the parks. Although I think Volcano Bay will be spectacular, there will be the idiots who are disappointed that it's "just" a water park. F&F, if a clone, will disappoint; and Fallon... well it's Fallon.

And then you have Avatar at DAK which will be purty but... it's Avatar.

SeaWorld will have opened Mako the year prior, presumably nothing there either.

Throw in the fact that Disneyland will be starting SWL construction, Season of the Force will be in its second year, DHS will be in midst on constructing TSL and you have D23 where it'll be announcement and details heaven... but we're all still not there yet.

I think it might just be the most headache-inducing year for sure, because we all will be getting new things that a large amount of people probably won't be satisified with for a myraid of different reasons. We'll all just be salivating over Nintendo for 2018, I guess. Maybe USH will deliver something.

Maybe.

Reactions: Clive
I know they already have ride system planned for this ride, but I hope it's something like this.

If not, maybe they could use it in Nintendoland.

I've seen this before and yes.... Don't care where, but UOR should be looking at this technology. It definitely fits UOR standards.

Reactions: Blue
The intro using the garages and the musion tech could be the same. Universal is doing musion better than anyone else right now, but everything else should be different. We are not on a tram tour. We are not limited by space, especially taking over both Disaster and Beetlejuice's footprint. There's no reason to shoehorn this clone into USF for any reason, especially following tepid reviews.

Reactions: Ultranel
You guys are so worried about a clone. Is this fear due to the name of the ride? or is it because there's facts out there that indicates it will be a cloned ride? Because for what I've seen, it looks like an individual low capacity RV. Whether or not there will be a couple of them attached to each other? No clue, but it's definitely not a Tram like RV.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
The intro using the garages and the musion tech could be the same. Universal is doing musion better than anyone else right now, but everything else should be different. We are not on a tram tour. We are not limited by space, especially taking over both Disaster and Beetlejuice's footprint. There's no reason to shoehorn this clone into USF for any reason, especially following tepid reviews.
Thank you, I agree.