Frozen Ever After | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How do you celebrate your most succussful movie of all time? by cutting the budget by almost half and retro-fitting an old building. For shame Disney. I mean do they not see how popular Cars land was? Do they not realize that Universal is cranking it to a 11 right down the street? There is no reason at all that this ride should be anything but mind blowing. cheap cheap cheap.

I really dont think Disneys reputation rides on a Frozen attraction. People will come no matter what...its Disney. And theyll love it no matter what because its Frozen. Also lets keep in mind that 60% of a Disney budget is often 100% of a Universal one. Less money does not always equate to a lesser ride experience.

And of course, we are all assuming that this rumor is even true.....

I really dont think Disneys reputation rides on a Frozen attraction. People will come no matter what...its Disney. And theyll love it no matter what because its Frozen. Also lets keep in mind that 60% of a Disney budget is often 100% of a Universal one. Less money does not always equate to a lesser ride experience.

You can't exactly compare the budget of a Disney attraction to the budget of a Universal attraction though. Universal's money tends to go quite a bit further than Disney's.

Also, the fact that the Frozen M&G is supposedly up to a 300min wait, does prove that regardless of what Disney builds, it will be incredibly popular.

If this is the case I have no faith this will come out. I was already skeptical of frozen coming in 2 years but this 40% cut just kills it for me. Hopefully this is a giant rumor because if this is really the case Disney has hit a a dark time (not in sales but in content)

You can't exactly compare the budget of a Disney attraction to the budget of a Universal attraction though. Universal's money tends to go quite a bit further than Disney's.

Also, the fact that the Frozen M&G is supposedly up to a 300min wait, does prove that regardless of what Disney builds, it will be incredibly popular.

Thats true, but a lot of Disneys excess money comes from them screwing around in the construction process...if theyre simply overlaying Maelstrom I would imagine they can spend less. I guess that means nothing if they already accounted for that in the original budget that got slashed though...

Honestly, I wouldnt be at all surprised to just see the characters placed through the existing Maelstrom attraction. Cheap, simple, and will bring in tons of people who dont know any better.

Pheneix as also stated Norway will stay as is, Maelstrom will get the Grand Fiesta Tour treatment. Haven't seen him clarify what he means, but it sounds like they are just plopping the characters into Maelstrom, maybe changing a scene or two. I'll call this TDO's ultimate failure if this is the treatment Frozen gets. It deserves more. But, like others said, the Disney can do no wrong crowd will defend it, the drones will flock and call it them most magical thing ever, while the rest of us who expect and demand better from Disney laugh.

But, again, that all depends if this is even true or not.

Pheneix as also stated Norway will stay as is, Maelstrom will get the Grand Fiesta Tour treatment. Haven't seen him clarify what he means, but it sounds like they are just plopping the characters into Maelstrom, maybe changing a scene or two. I'll call this TDO's ultimate failure if this is the treatment Frozen gets. It deserves more. But, like others said, the Disney can do no wrong crowd will defend it, the drones will flock and call it them most magical thing ever, while the rest of us who expect and demand better from Disney laugh.

But, again, that all depends if this is even true or not.

It's fluid. Less on black and white and more with probability.

It doesn't ride on it, but the reputation can take a hit if they go the cheap route.

I can kinda already picture the ride if they keep the layout the same. The initial climb will show somehow show Elsa climbing up the mountain singing let it go with "ice flying past the boat" When you get to the top you'll see the Ice castle and Elsa will strike you with magic then the snow creature will tell you to "go away" you'll then descend backwards, where you'll stop in front of the king troll. Who will the cure you and send you down the 2nd forward drop. You'll end up in the frozen ocean where you see the climatic ending of Elsa and Anna on the Ice. The exit theater will be converted to a small gift shop of froZen merchandise.

At least that's my guess. It will be short and unremarkable.

I can kinda already picture the ride if they keep the layout the same. The initial climb will show somehow show Elsa climbing up the mountain singing let it go with "ice flying past the boat" When you get to the top you'll see the Ice castle and Elsa will strike you with magic then the snow creature will tell you to "go away" you'll then descend backwards, where you'll stop in front of the king troll. Who will the cure you and send you down the 2nd forward drop. You'll end up in the frozen ocean where you see the climatic ending of Elsa and Anna on the Ice. The exit theater will be converted to a small gift shop of froZen merchandise.

Hi,

I am a major executive at Walt Disney World. You just designed the most unremarkable, but cheap, Frozen attraction than we could have even imagined. We are hiring you! Now, get to work on other attractions we have across WDW, cheapen them up for us. Give us the bare minimum!!!! Doesn't matter, people come anyway!!!!

***Not really a major executive at Walt Disney World. I just play one on OU.

Hey guys I wanted to say I want to take back everything I said in those last couple pages I was so...SO wrong. I went to the mall the other day and there was a line out the door at the Disney store. A security guard turned my 3 year old brother away and told us "a special frozen toy came out, come back later" after waiting a hour and seeing people with literal garbage bags filled with frozen ****, we finally were allowed in. I asked what was the special toy? The worker said "well all the toys are special but it wasn't one specific toy, it's just that this is the first time frozen toys haven't been available since last month". This movie is a fricken MONSTER!!!!

The sad part is.. that sounds like the exact move Disney of today would make. :lol: