Frozen Ever After | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ah I see, man this sucks. Frozen doesn't belong in this venue at all. I really don't think TDO has thought this out yet. I don't think it'll happen
I'm sure it is on their radar (HOW DO WE FROZEN EVERYWHERE!?!1?1)...however I don't think they are thinking beyond retrofitting an attraction..Can't blame them, people are dumb enough to visit such a thing..

What? That Frozen will replace Maelstrom? It's happening.

Well you never know, with almost half of the budget cut they could probably just save it for another time. Has it been greenlit yet? I know frozen will come to the parks, there is no way it won't. This just seems to soon and rushed for a finished plan

Well you never know, with almost half of the budget cut they could probably just save it for another time. Has it been greenlit yet? I know frozen will come to the parks, there is no way it won't. This just seems to soon and rushed for a finished plan

Strike whilst the iron is hot.

It's happening. Maelstrom should close in the fall for the redo.

What I'm saying is that they will push this through as quick as possible in order to maximise merch sales, I expect the attraction will be second fiddle snd be little more than an advertising ploy.

What I'm saying is that they will push this through as quick as possible in order to maximise merch sales, I expect the attraction will be second fiddle snd be little more than an advertising ploy.

I agree..Throw in a few projectors and a state-of-the-art never been done before (even though its been done before) animatronic Olaf, new mural to cover Norway one and you have yourself a Frozen ride..As for retheming of Norway I picture a few signs and some fake snow..

Sure, I'm just bummed we are gonna get a nemo ride esk experience when what was there was sick ride before. I really wish there was more info available so I don't just look at it as a cheap overlay but hey, a attraction for 2016....that'll be swell right?

Sure, I'm just bummed we are gonna get a nemo ride esk experience when what was there was sick ride before. I really wish there was more info available so I don't just look at it as a cheap overlay but hey, a attraction for 2016....that'll be swell right?

I'm bummed they are adding more charcters to World Showcase.

This little thing popped up..

[video=youtube;STgcHYvnTEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STgcHYvnTEo#t=80[/video]

You need to have Closed Captioning to understand but what they said was that there was a proposal that Norway stayed and a 9Mil dollar attraction Norway themed would happen or turn the entire thing into a 'Frozen' themed area..

very interesting video. It sounds like Disney offered Norway the chaance to "save" their pavillion, but they did not want to spend the money. So now the area will become Frozen based. My question is, did this reallly attract tourists to visit Norway in the first place? Wouldn't the populairty of Frozen, actually attract more tourists?

That's really disappointing and seems dirty to me. I know that it is seen essentially as an advertisement of Norway as it is now, but to try to grab that much money to keep Frozen out of it seems wrong.

Is Universal an oddity where all of their rides aren't sponsored by someone? I know ET used to be way back when with the AT&T interplanetary passport/calling card, but really can't think of any others.

That's really disappointing and seems dirty to me. I know that it is seen essentially as an advertisement of Norway as it is now, but to try to grab that much money to keep Frozen out of it seems wrong.

Is Universal an oddity where all of their rides aren't sponsored by someone? I know ET used to be way back when with the AT&T interplanetary passport/calling card, but really can't think of any others.

Universal rides used to be sponsored a lot. I remember JPRA was sponsored by General Electric for a while, and there were plenty of other sponsorships. Not sure where they are now, I guess Universal decided they didnt care to be dependent on other companies for the well-being of their attractions.