Frozen Ever After | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it all depends on what will go in the ride. what kind of props or animatronics will they add (will they even add animatronics into this? or just screens?

I think it all depends on what will go in the ride. what kind of props or animatronics will they add (will they even add animatronics into this? or just screens?

I'm expecting dwarf like animatronics with screen faces along with tons of projection mapping in every corner. That's what's in my brain though so don't take it as a fact

the rumored budget is only 75M for the entire project...that's not going to go very far. Espeically if they have to build a Meet and Greet, and add retail space.

Lol maybe for another time when something dumb happens at Epcot. The fanboys will always return!!!!

Oh I must have misunderstood what you were saying with the drawing. I thought you were drawing a picture of what my inner child looks like right now.

Oh I must have misunderstood what you were saying with the drawing. I thought you were drawing a picture of what my inner child looks like right now.

A little bit of that too mixed with a fanboy reaction

- - - Updated - - -

the rumored budget is only 75M for the entire project...that's not going to go very far. Espeically if they have to build a Meet and Greet, and add retail space.

Yeah that seems suprisingly low. It'll have to raise sometime in the future especially if they want a new facade

I Hope they do as good of a job with Frozen in Norway as they did with Nemo and friends at The Living Seas. Love that ride and the quality Imagineering showed with that awesome franchise.

I Hope they do as good of a job with Frozen in Norway as they did with Nemo and friends at The Living Seas. Love that ride and the quality Imagineering showed with that awesome franchise.
I don't mean disrespect, but I sincerely hope you are trolling.

I kinda agree. For what they had to work with, I think Nemo is a pretty good overlay. I am thinking this is going to be a rougher overlay from an engineering perspective. Unless they are just going to keep the existing ride as is and just add in new surroundings.

Just read the orlando informer article and rushed over here.

COMPARING MAELSTORM AND JAWS IS BY FAR THE DUMBEST THING IVE READ SINCE JOINGING THIS SITE AND KEEPING UP WITH THE NEWS

god damn it do not compare disney and Universal when it comes to the decisions they have made based off of frozen and HP. Dont be idiots

- for anyone who was actually comparing the two as being similar.

I just read it myself and after praising the article they ran yesterday about doing a pretty good job of summing up both sides, this article was the exact opposite.

They also say Flight of the Hippogriff and Dragon Challenge conversions "is in no way different" from the Maelstrom conversion due to a change in queues?!?!? I'm sorry but that statement is just way off the mark from anything. If he really wanted to do a comparison of HP to Frozen, the closest would be Hogwarts taking over half of Lost Continent.

Hippogriff and DC had to be converted because of a lack of land and the fact Universal didn't want to tear down two popular coasters. It wasn't because Universal wanted the cheapest and easiest way to pimp out Potter like Disney is doing with Frozen.

I just read it myself and after praising the article they ran yesterday about doing a pretty good job of summing up both sides, this article was the exact opposite.

They also say Flight of the Hippogriff and Dragon Challenge conversions "is in no way different" from the Maelstrom conversion due to a change in queues?!?!? I'm sorry but that statement is just way off the mark from anything. If he really wanted to do a comparison of HP to Frozen, the closest would be Hogwarts taking over half of Lost Continent.

Well, what happened to DC isn't that far off actually. It was a cheap and fast overlay. Just not because they were lazy, the budget just ran out.

Well, what happened to DC isn't that far off actually. It was a cheap and fast overlay. Just not because they were lazy, the budget just ran out.

Ehhh.... yes and no. It's not like they singled out Dueling Dragons and said we're going to re-purpose it.

I wouldn't really say they were converted though. Sure the queuing and names may have changed but the ride profiles didn't change at all. In my eyes and of course I may be wrong, a conversion is changing the overall feel of a ride like Haunted Mansion -> Nightmare, Mr Toad -> Pooh, BttF -> Simpsons. Those are all definite conversions/overlays.