Frozen Ever After | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
News AAs and sets are coming, but it's just going to be the boat ride. Also no Norway involved at all.

Sucks there's no development plots north and south of the pavilion...

- - - Updated - - -

News AAs and sets are coming, but it's just going to be the boat ride. Also no Norway involved at all.

Sucks there's no development plots north and south of the pavilion...

I for one will wait to see how the ride turns out before completely blasting it.

However, i'm having a hard time getting past the whole part of it being a frozen ride, yet a boat ride at the same time. I'm sure they'll male it work in some cheap way, but there are plent of great ways to do a Frozen ride if you take a little time and give it a good budget.

I for one will wait to see how the ride turns out before completely blasting it.

However, i'm having a hard time getting past the whole part of it being a frozen ride, yet a boat ride at the same time. I'm sure they'll male it work in some cheap way, but there are plent of great ways to do a Frozen ride if you take a little time and give it a good budget.

I'm going to bash it no matter how good or bad it ends up being because it just doesn't belong in the world showcase.

I'm going to bash it no matter how good or bad it ends up being because it just doesn't belong in the world showcase.
Neither does the three caballeros (actually that fits much worse), but I don't remember the extreme outrage when that overlay happened.

Maybe not extreme but there was some outrage.
I guess maybe i've just realized Epcot Center's original ideals will never come back. Doesn't mean i'm necessarily happy with that or will accept anything (as I said, I want to wait to experience the ride to judge), but imo, if they are going to ruin Epcot and WS anyway, I figure the least they can do is give us some good rides to semi-make up turning the park into nothing but an all day bar. :shrug:

I'm not trying to bring anyone down, but classic Epcot is honestly never coming back. It just happens to be that Maelstrom was the last "Classic" thing left. And it wasn't even that good.

Neither does the three caballeros (actually that fits much worse), but I don't remember the extreme outrage when that overlay happened.

It fits better than Frozen since in a small way it still highlights Mexico. The excuse I keep hearing from Frozen is that it was "inspired" by Norway, but the ride is unlikely to have any sort of real Norwegian culture in any way. It's a Fantasyland dark ride being thrown straight into the world showcase. It just doesn't belong.

I Hope they do as good of a job with Frozen in Norway as they did with Nemo and friends at The Living Seas. Love that ride and the quality Imagineering showed with that awesome franchise.

For anyone in doubt, I was sarcastic. Nemo was an amazing movie and they put a crap ride in the Living Seas. WDW claims to be a world class destination and this crap has no place in any world class destination. The same is happening now to Frozen and guests have to deal with that crap for at least 25 years. It's a travesty and people are dumb to support Disney and visiting them when they deteriorate their brand this way.

Man, a lot of hate for Nemo. If there was ever a good use of an IP in the Seas, it was Nemo. And for what they had to work with, I still think it was an upgrade (yes I know it violates the EPCOT code)

Yeah, Nemo was smart and brought back a ride where they had completely abandoned one.

El Gran Fiesta or whatever may not have brought on huge backlash but it's easily the worst ride on Disney property.

I guess maybe i've just realized Epcot Center's original ideals will never come back. Doesn't mean i'm necessarily happy with that or will accept anything (as I said, I want to wait to experience the ride to judge), but imo, if they are going to ruin Epcot and WS anyway, I figure the least they can do is give us some good rides to semi-make up turning the park into nothing but an all day bar. :shrug:

I'm not trying to bring anyone down, but classic Epcot is honestly never coming back. It just happens to be that Maelstrom was the last "Classic" thing left. And it wasn't even that good.

I think this article sums things up pretty well: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201409/4217/

this is the exact **** I'm talking about....stop pretending the World Showcase is some learning library or public institution. It's a theme park with a glorified shopping mall, and has been for a long time now. Try to see through your illusions of what you think Epcot is "supposed" to represent vs. what it actually is.

If it's a good ride it's a good ride. Even if it's done cheaply, it's still got a good chance of being more entertaining then what's currently in place.

After posting that article above one of my coworkers started asking me advice on their upcoming WDW vacation and what they said matched up with a lot of what was in that article (which was very weird). Their kids (8 and 9 years old) are not ride people, they just want to see the characters and settings.

It fits better than Frozen since in a small way it still highlights Mexico. The excuse I keep hearing from Frozen is that it was "inspired" by Norway, but the ride is unlikely to have any sort of real Norwegian culture in any way. It's a Fantasyland dark ride being thrown straight into the world showcase. It just doesn't belong.
We have yet to experience the Frozen ride. How do you know it will not (in a small way as you say) showcase parts of Norway? Oh, that's right. You Don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this article sums things up pretty well: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201409/4217/
Nice read. And he's right... as he says at the end "Will Frozen kill Epcot? No, because the Epcot that the park's fans long for is already long dead."

Yeah, Nemo was smart and brought back a ride where they had completely abandoned one.

El Gran Fiesta or whatever may not have brought on huge backlash but it's easily the worst ride on Disney property.

I'd argue Gran Fiesta and Seas with Nemo and Friends are about the same quality, attraction wise. One (Gran Fiesta) actually fits thematically with its surroundings and purpose of its land, however.

this is the exact **** I'm talking about....stop pretending the World Showcase is some learning library or public institution. It's a theme park with a glorified shopping mall, and has been for a long time now. Try to see through your illusions of what you think Epcot is "supposed" to represent vs. what it actually is.

If it's a good ride it's a good ride. Even if it's done cheaply, it's still got a good chance of being more entertaining then what's currently in place.

Some of us enjoy congruent theme in theme parks. Sorry we're not sorry.

We have yet to experience the Frozen ride. How do you know it will not (in a small way as you say) showcase parts of Norway? Oh, that's right. You Don't.

Oh please. Of course we do. Considering Staggs said the point of the attraction was to "immerse our guests in the scenes and songs from the movie", fat chance of there being any mention of Norway.

- - - Updated - - -

3 Cabs fits fine. It was a film about introducting people to Mexico and Brazil.

After posting that article above one of my coworkers started asking me advice on their upcoming WDW vacation and what they said matched up with a lot of what was in that article (which was very weird). Their kids (8 and 9 years old) are not ride people, they just want to see the characters and settings.

Now if that isn't the saddest thing I've ever read I don't know what is

Oh please. Of course we do. Considering Staggs said the point of the attraction was to "immerse our guests in the scenes and songs from the movie", fat chance of there being any mention of Norway.

Maelstrom basically has nothing to do with Norway as is. Frozen isn't an improvement to the "Norwegian" experience, but it's not really a step back either. I'd say it's pretty lateral, except Frozen is currently driving more tourism to WDW AND Norway than Maelstrom, which is really "the point" of the World Showcase after all. I never call World Showcase authentic, that doesn't mean it's not highly enjoyable, but a lot of the pavilions don't really represent the countries properly.

If they maintain the general vibe of the exterior facades, I don't see much interruption to the thematic congruence of World Showcase.

My *only* thing I care about at this point is whether or not the attraction will actually be good.

Reactions: Nick

No, it's not a learning institute. It's a showcase of cultures around the world and it's theming has been top notch. It's not a place for fantasy movies in fantasy locations. What is wrong with a park not focusing on make believe and IPs? Epcot has never really had an attendance problem (5th most attended park in the world last year, 2nd in WDW) so why does it need this? So little "princesses" won't be bored there? The world showcase isn't the place for fantasyland style rides, especially if it isn't featuring the cultures of that country. I disagree with the placement of this 100% and I don't care if the ride is good (I doubt it is, like HTF mentioned in this week's podcast the last time Disney threw in an attraction replacing another based on popularity it turned out to be crap *cough*Stitch*cough*), it just isn't the right place for it. I go to Epcot's world showcase to see a showcase of the world, not to be swept up in Disney fantasy magic. You can find tons of that at MK and even DHS.