Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

6 a boat?!? That is just silly. Way to overact. Why not just judge the people getting on. I mean it was working the day I went with no evacs for at least 4 to 5 hours. And that was with more than 6 per boat and the front row being filled in. So just judge it and not just cut it down to 6.

Also, they need to fix this issue ASAP. No excuses.

I think they probably mean.. down about 6 people per boat.

I think they probably mean.. down about 6 people per boat.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. I did notice they would not let the 4 of us load into one row when all other boat rides we do not get split up since one is a lap baby and another is a 5 year old. So I did notice when we were there they were splitting up people differently than other rides or even before.

Disney has a, pardon the pun, large problem. They have become a haven for big people. Their customers are much heavier, and it is sinking the boats in small world, pirates, and now frozen.

They could solve that problem by not running 10 - 40 year old rides. As the fan base grows ;) if they built new rides they could "grow" along with them. Not really that hard to solve.

They could solve that problem by not running 10 - 40 year old rides. As the fan base grows ;) if they built new rides they could "grow" along with them. Not really that hard to solve.

But part of the appeal of Disney is riding the rides you rode as a child. I agree they need to build new things like they are over the next 4 years, but they are not going to get rid of small world or pirates. Those are iconic rides that are here to stay for a long time and should stay.

But part of the appeal of Disney is riding the rides you rode as a child. I agree they need to build new things like they are over the next 4 years, but they are not going to get rid of small world or pirates. Those are iconic rides that are here to stay for a long time and should stay.

I agree they sell the nostalgia but they could update the RVs to meet the modern guest. They don't have to be "frozen" in time and after a 2 year refurb they could have upgraded the boats. The boats were replaced in '12/'13 so they probably felt they were "good enough" but they were having the same issues with Malstrom. Just a poorly thought out and executed ride all around.

I agree they sell the nostalgia but they could update the RVs to meet the modern guest. They don't have to be "frozen" in time and after a 2 year refurb they could have upgraded the boats. The boats were replaced in '12/'13 so they probably felt they were "good enough" but they were having the same issues with Malstrom. Just a poorly thought out and executed ride all around.

Oh I agree, the boats should have been upgraded. But after being on the ride, I doubt they could make them longer and I wonder how much it is the boats vs. the engineering of the track. What I am saying is there a boat out there that could prevent this issue or is it a track issue.

Oh I agree, the boats should have been upgraded. But after being on the ride, I doubt they could make them longer and I wonder how much it is the boats vs. the engineering of the track. What I am saying is there a boat out there that could prevent this issue or is it a track issue.

Either way this was a pre-existing problem and they chose not to address it during the two year closure of the ride.

Smacks of the yeti, just too much trouble to do it right.

I guess we will see if this is really the issue. Is it up and running all day at half capacity yet?

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised? Plus now with the rumors of not allowing stand by guest to ride, because they are doing mostly just FP+. I'm not gonna give an opinion because honestly, What's the point? I saw the POV video and that will do it for me. All I can say is, if anyone here is planning a trip to WDW on 2017 for Avatar... I will highly recommend to change your schedule for 2018. That way you can actually experience Flight of Passage, because you know they will have many problems on 2017 with it. Also just because it's 2018 don't get too excited with the recent opening of Toy Story Land, because the Slinky Dog Coaster is having major technical difficulties in a daily basis for the pass 2 weeks. ;)

Why am I not surprised? Plus now with the rumors of not allowing stand by guest to ride, because they are doing mostly just FP+. I'm not gonna give an opinion because honestly, What's the point? I saw the POV video and that will do it for me. All I can say is, if anyone here is planning a trip to WDW on 2017 for Avatar... I will highly recommend to change your schedule for 2018. That way you can actually experience Flight of Passage, because you know they will have many problems on 2017 with it. Also just because it's 2018 don't get too excited with the recent opening of Toy Story Land, because the Slinky Dog Coaster is having major technical difficulties in a daily basis for the pass 2 weeks. ;)

When I was there they were letting stand by people on. My understanding is they close the stand by line down when it gets too long so that people are not waiting over 180 minutes and this mostly happens when they have had a breakdown and those FP people are trying to get on plus with the current times FP people. So once these break downs stop (which some are due to AAs and not just boats) then the lines all around will get better. But we already knew capacity was going to be an issue, the lines were going to be long, and FPs were going to be hard to get. None of this should be a shock to anyone on here. DH warned us this was not ready to open, so again down time should not be a shock.

I think it is unfair to say Avatar won't be open or working in 2017 because of Frozen and RoL. That would be like saying, hey if you want to ride Fallon in 2017 you better plan for late summer or 2018 because you know, they will have technical issues since they are having them with Kong. Or hey, you want Nintendo in 2020, be prepared for 2021 because you know F&F was delayed into the next year. They are completely different projects, with completely different techs, completely different time tables, and completely different people. You can't compare Frozen to Avatar. Just like you can't compare Fallon and Kong.

I'm more worried about the Na'vi River Journey having issues than anything you mentioned. Although, that ride is at least purpose built instead of half-assed.