Frozen Ever After | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am kind of surprised that there is no rail between the walkway and the water. It seems like a safety issue for employees. I understand that it can be very dangerous to fall in the water with the ride systems in the water.
Not sure if it was a urban legend, but the story I heard was that a pirates badly injured, or killed a Disney exec that was visiting the parks

Unlike Small World, the mechanism to move the belts in Pirates is located under the boats (instead of on the sides) so the water there is about 6 feet deep. There are also spaces between the belts and exposed gears underneath. While no one was hurt at load while I worked there we were warned to be very cautious and keep an eye on guests while dispatching because of the gap between the belts in case some one fell/stepped onto the belts. As far as I know, no one was ever hurt at load. (Unload was a different story but that was unrelated to the belts)

He said they could occasionally do 1000/hour at Maelstrom, but normally breakdowns lowered it.

So yeah, it sucks. But we all knew it would be a capacity disaster.
And we also knew that it would be a layover of the same ride path as well...and here we are...it's just fun to see Disney be awkward sometimes, as they take themselves so seriously

Reactions: tankart150
First boat: Grossly obese
Second boat: Thin and fit

I'm surprised people have to walk through the entire attraction to get out.

And then the final, "Oh look there bringing everyone snacks. That's so sweet." and then the final "thanx" when she gets her 70th snack of the day.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Cole
I thought Tokyo was forgoing Frozen in favor of the Beauty and the Beast ride.
I believe they are (for time being), but DL is supposedly going to build the ride and area in their toon town area. It was designed for TDS is what I meant (just like the Batb ride was meant for New Fantasyland).

First boat: Grossly obese
Second boat: Thin and fit

I'm surprised people have to walk through the entire attraction to get out.

And then the final, "Oh look there bringing everyone snacks. That's so sweet." and then the final "thanx" when she gets her 70th snack of the day.

Disney has a reputation for being "pooh sized" friendly. I think they are going to have to deal with this problem or they are never going to get through a day without multiple breakdowns.

Another video of a breakdown haha

So, some interesting things I learned from this video:

1) The boats are a lot more controlled than I thought in placed. I always assumed that, before the first lift hill, the boats were free floating and if a breakdown happened, they would pile up like on Pirates or Small World. Was interesting to see the various break sections to stop the boats.

2) The ride can handle 11 boats at one time but they are only using 9. WHY? You would think they would want this running at max capacity to get more people thru it faster. Sure, its 2 more boats to clear out during the frequent evacs, but the line would move faster! Seems like the 900-1000 guests per hour figure is spot on.

3) Seems like weight is causing some issues. I doubt Disney is going to go the path of "sorry, you have to split the family up because the boat can only handle so much weight" because of obvious media backlash. Instead I see them putting up with these evacs until a better solution is thought up. They just need to get on it quickly! Have been reading various media posting on sites like msn and yahoo bashing the ride and its up time.

I feel like they rushed this open big time. I don't think I have ever witnessed a ride opening that did not go thru a soft opening phase. Heck, I was there when Spaceship Earth started it first day of softs after its refurb and I never would have thought it needed softs! I think the higher ups wanted to beat Universal to the "official" opening of their new ride. Plus, Disney has already gone thru two bad PR nightmares this year, they didn't want another...but they got one anyway.

So, some interesting things I learned from this video:

1) The boats are a lot more controlled than I thought in placed. I always assumed that, before the first lift hill, the boats were free floating and if a breakdown happened, they would pile up like on Pirates or Small World. Was interesting to see the various break sections to stop the boats.

2) The ride can handle 11 boats at one time but they are only using 9. WHY? You would think they would want this running at max capacity to get more people thru it faster. Sure, its 2 more boats to clear out during the frequent evacs, but the line would move faster! Seems like the 900-1000 guests per hour figure is spot on.

3) Seems like weight is causing some issues. I doubt Disney is going to go the path of "sorry, you have to split the family up because the boat can only handle so much weight" because of obvious media backlash. Instead I see them putting up with these evacs until a better solution is thought up. They just need to get on it quickly! Have been reading various media posting on sites like msn and yahoo bashing the ride and its up time.

I feel like they rushed this open big time. I don't think I have ever witnessed a ride opening that did not go thru a soft opening phase. Heck, I was there when Spaceship Earth started it first day of softs after its refurb and I never would have thought it needed softs! I think the higher ups wanted to beat Universal to the "official" opening of their new ride. Plus, Disney has already gone thru two bad PR nightmares this year, they didn't want another...but they got one anyway.

According to CMs that worked the ride it was the same with Malstrom. Gee, you would think they would have addressed the issue with a two year refurb of the ride???

Now they will replace the boats with "new" ones ala PoTC and tell you that getting your feet wet is normal?

According to CMs that worked the ride it was the same with Malstrom. Gee, you would think they would have addressed the issue with a two year refurb of the ride???

Now they will replace the boats with "new" ones ala PoTC and tell you that getting your feet wet is normal?

Gee, it's like they're ignorant of the park;s history and that keeping track of that history and the knowledge of it alive is actually.. ya know.. important.

The latest news i read on a disney site. They are not allowing anyone to sit in the front row. They are also drastically reducing the number of riders per boat. Down to about 6 a boat

Reactions: JoeCamel
The latest news i read on a disney site. They are not allowing anyone to sit in the front row. They are also drastically reducing the number of riders per boat. Down to about 6 a boat

6 a boat?!? That is just silly. Way to overact. Why not just judge the people getting on. I mean it was working the day I went with no evacs for at least 4 to 5 hours. And that was with more than 6 per boat and the front row being filled in. So just judge it and not just cut it down to 6.

Also, they need to fix this issue ASAP. No excuses.

Reactions: Mad Dog