Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't inspire too much excitement in me (what happened to the "Universal is done with screen-driven rides for a while after F&F" line of thought?), but I guess we'll have to see what happens. I'd prefer Universal not go back to those ride systems for a while.

I'd much rather this attraction develop into a more traditional dark ride involving the various magical and mysterious creatures in the Forbidden Forest. Yes, the coaster fans would be disappointed (and I respect that), but Hogsmeade already has a thrill ride; I think another all-ages ride is what the land really needs.
A totally practical Gringotts? I'm on board...I think there will be an interactive element in the FF ride(s) though

Did the beasts movie do well enough warrant an attraction though?
I feel the FB movies will do better and better as more of them are released

It also seems, that "What will it be", will be a good question to ponder aswell.

I think expectations for whatever this will be, will be through the roof.

Thinking about this golden era for Universal, I see 3 phases. Phase 1 starting with Hogsmeade. Phase 2 starting with Diagon and ending with F&F. Phase 3 looks like it's going to raise the bar well beyond everything else we've seen so far.

I think expectations for whatever this will be, will be through the roof.

Thinking about this golden era for Universal, I see 3 phases. Phase 1 starting with Hogsmeade. Phase 2 starting with Diagon and ending with F&F. Phase 3 looks like it's going to raise the bar well beyond everything else we've seen so far.

If we are going with the phase treatment, I'd say more akin to this,

Phase 1, introduced us to the Wizarding World, allowed us to become Minions, save the world while protecting the allspark, eating and drinking at new and exciting offerings, along with relaxing in a 1950's environment all capping off with returning to that Wizarding World, with what is a crowning achievement in themed engineering.

Phase 2, while slow at first; kicked off with a bang, as we saw a King and a big rage monster reborn, with a southern way of living along with a steampunk dining feast. And, that you can now race Jimmy Fallon in an epic, out of boundries, race through New York; going to a lost home of slides and themed entertainment of the southern pacific, along with meeting an action packed family, that will be similar yet different in many way's.

And then, Phase 3. The Wizarding World gives us another peak into their curtain, with the introduction of one of the most popular brands in mass media coming to life in unique and extravagant way's, with it all going much further; down to new land of endless opportunities and experiences that everyone will enjoy.

__

That being said, it will be interesting to see whatever the hell happens. Whether it's a indoor/outdoor coaster, a next generation dark ride, or whatever it may be, it is exciting nevertheless.

I feel it really needs to be a ride without a height restriction to round out the overall offerings. IOA needs a family ride and Potter definitely needs one.

That doesn't immediately mean slow and boring.

To add on to this, if Kidzone is going down, this becomes twice as important to have a family friendly ride.

IOA, for what it's worth, is still very much considered the more "intense" park...A family ride with no height restriction is still very much needed..

I still think people confuse 'Family' with 'Kiddie' sometimes

Agreed on both counts. I mean, come on people, PotC and HM freaked out a lot of kids back in the day, but neither have height requirements and both are considered timeless classics. I think Harry Potter needs another ride like this as, currently, their only all ages, no height offering is The Hogwarts Express.

That being said, it seems like there is space enough for two attractions on the Dragon Challenge land so why not one with no height requirement and one with a height requirement around 40 inches. This gives the kids something to do other than HE and gives them another ride to look forward to if they are not yet at 40 inches (it is also two inches less than either major HP ride)

How about an interactive hedge maze - within a building to maintain ambiance and lighting - akin to the one from Goblet of Fire and it has the fighting elements of that dungeon crawl thing Universal opened in Japan?
I would love this. I've always wanted a really good hedge maze in a USA theme park.

But, I always figured that it couldn't handle enough people in relation to the amount of land it takes.

So, both while Nintendo gets a Diagon schedule, it seems that the DC replacement, in a simpler terms; is on a Kong Schedule.

I am not surprised, nor am I fearing anything about this in a way.

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.