Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised everybody is still talking about a ride and not a land. If DC covers 8 acres, they're gonna put a full land there. Kong isn't 8 acres and that got a land (of sorts).

If it's HP, Fantastic Beasts NY would be the obvious pick. The movie did $75M opening weekend, which I feel like is small, but not deadly, for a blockbuster film. If they're going the Fantastic Beasts route, I'd be shocked if Universal didn't wait until the next movie to greenlight.

I'm surprised everybody is still talking about a ride and not a land. If DC covers 8 acres, they're gonna put a full land there. Kong isn't 8 acres and that got a land (of sorts).

If it's HP, Fantastic Beasts NY would be the obvious pick. The movie did $75M opening weekend, which I feel like is small, but not deadly, for a blockbuster film. If they're going the Fantastic Beasts route, I'd be shocked if Universal didn't wait until the next movie to greenlight.
Fantastic was very strong worldwide, but not nearly as good in the USA. But this really doesn't need to be a separate land. It could very well just be an expansion of HP.

New York does not make sense next to Hogsmeade. I was on board with Diagon being next to it the first time around, and I was adament that it was a theme park, authenticity was only to a point. They proved me wrong when they made the Wizarding World encompass two theme parks.
It's going to be the Forest. The question is what we will be doing there.

Limiting Fantastic Beasts, with the film series going to multiple other vast locations globally in the sequels; would be a piss poor move.

If Universal was producing Fantastic Beasts, 100% it would the expansion. Since it's a rival studio, honestly what's the gain in force cross-promotion, when Harry Potter is clearly the more popular of the two?

Warner Bro's is the one who needs FB to succeed, Universal just needs their theme park project to succeed. Plus, I'm muddied on what the rights might look like even. Would they need to pay WB more for access to Newt and pals?

If Universal was producing Fantastic Beasts, 100% it would the expansion. Since it's a rival studio, honestly what's the gain in force cross-promotion, when Harry Potter is clearly the more popular of the two?

Warner Bro's is the one who needs FB to succeed, Universal just needs their theme park project to succeed. Plus, I'm muddied on what the rights might look like even. Would they need to pay WB more for access to Newt and pals?

I would assume, that there are things that UC would get wind of that would be in Fantastic Beasts. There is a relationship to be had, and that I wouldn't be surprised that while they don't influence anything, it would be the other way around, of Warner Bros. and Joe influencing NBCUniversal/Comcast and Universal Creative.

Good question

It's always been said that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter's lands, are considered as "Timeless" (outside of the attractions, of-course); and with Fantastic Beast's being set many years before the journey that Potter takes place, it could make theoretical sense that once FB enters the parks fully, there would be a brand name change, more to "The Wizarding World", as it will focus on two radical time-periods.

The period of Potter's journey in Great Britian of the 1990's, and the period of Newt's Journey throughout the world in the 20s (and probably 30's). I wouldn't be surprised that Tina becomes a more, integrated element in Newt's journey; as much as how Harry had Ron and Hermonie alongside him.

I am curious to see how things differ, and stay the same for the films. As, it will bring many interesting, and somewhat possibly intriguing concepts to go in. With Paris as the new film series's next stop, and Dumbledore and Grindelwald being in it; it will be fascinating to see what occurs next, for better or worse.

That said, Forbidden Forest makes sense on a geographical perspective, and that it allows the team to fully immerse individuals in what is, an iconic location for the film series. What there could be, is more fascinating.

Reactions: Quint
Well there could be a mogle based travel company that could take you to the 1920's and have you visit Newt. The Swooping Evil would stand in a straw skirt in front of a bar and there will be translation cards to speak English English for sale...

I think a fantastical beast ride is fitting for both connecting movie series. The story could be as timeless as it's location as long as it has beasts in them.

Reactions: WAJAS and Nico
I'd love a ride trough Newton Scamander's suitcase. Wildly different environments next to each other with all kinds of different animals in there.

Just watched FB for the first time a few days ago and couldn't agree more with this. It could become Universal's family ride equivalent of Small World with state of the art practical creatures throughout.

Technically "Fantastical Beasts and where to find them" is a 2001 book written by J.K. Rowling. The book was mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. The book is part of the Potter universe as are the magical creatures mentioned in it. Keeping with the (mostly) book theme for IOA it would be a great companion to the current area.
If the movie wasn't super hot in the US as it was in the rest of the world Warner would be even more excited to see the movie connection come to life.
As for why Universal wants to build it? Because they earn an obscene amount of money from the franchise, just like their Marvel license.

Reactions: Joel
Technically "Fantastical Beasts and where to find them" is a 2001 book written by J.K. Rowling. The book was mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. The book is part of the Potter universe as are the magical creatures mentioned in it. Keeping with the (mostly) book theme for IOA it would be a great companion to the current area.
If the movie wasn't super hot in the US as it was in the rest of the world Warner would be even more excited to see the movie connection come to life.
As for why Universal wants to build it? Because they earn an obscene amount of money from the franchise, just like their Marvel license.
Why anyone would question Universal as to why they want to build more Potter stuff must have forgotten:

54408252.jpg

your fave could never

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts