Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why anyone would question Universal as to why they want to build more Potter stuff must have forgotten:

54408252.jpg

your fave could never
I'd give that 5 likes if I could. The classic picture that is worth a thousand, nay I say million, words. I'm not a HP book or movie fan, but I love what Universal has done with HP, and I can't wait for more. More Potter, please. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Perhaps one approach to a dark ride focusing on the different 'fantastic beasts' might be to have us take part in a "care of magical creatures" lesson.....to keep it more in line with Hogwarts. It could start with a more organized setting...maybe a nursery for things being hatched.....then smaller enclosures...on the edge of the forest...but we could progress deeper into the woods...to see larger creatures...

I firmly believe that if this has a Fantastic Beasts connection, it will be to the book and the Forbidden Forest. Again - I was completely wrong when the Diagon Alley rumors began. I shot down every one who said Rowling would never allow it next to Hogsmeade. I believed that authenticity was only important enough in making the place feel magical - not in making it feel real. With the way Universal created Diagon Alley, I believe you will see the Forbidden Forest in this plot. A true Fantastic Beasts land will be in a different area. Whether that's the fourth park or not remains to be seen, but if that's the place it will make an excellent anchor land.

The reason why Universal would want fantastic beasts even if they aren't producing it, they have multiple distribution rights for fantastic beasts for television as well as premeire event rights future potter projects which is essentially money in their pockets

Over on magic, someone not spirit is suggesting it will be a coaster with a first in central florida technology but not that overly next gen or impressive.

So we have a Fantastical beast forrest established (now announce that Universal!). The plot is quite big so could we see the "flight of the hippogriff" coaster move there (next to the dark ride that naturally will be there). It would be a nice addition to that area. And I'd have that former area redone, keeping Hagrid's hut, a bigger stage area and a nice plot of extra viewing area for both the show (that needs to be expanded) and the castle projection show at night.
I'm a genius. I know... ;)

Reactions: Joel
So we have a Fantastical beast forrest established (now announce that Universal!). The plot is quite big so could we see the "flight of the hippogriff" coaster move there (next to the dark ride that naturally will be there). It would be a nice addition to that area. And I'd have that former area redone, keeping Hagrid's hut, a bigger stage area and a nice plot of extra viewing area for both the show (that needs to be expanded) and the castle projection show at night.
I'm a genius. I know... ;)
If we're gonna move it anyway... why not duplicate flying hippogriff, ala Dumbo? Place them side by side, feed from the same queue, and mirror the second track so both lift hills can bow to the animatronic Hippogriff between them. And of course launch them scattered. One could always be loading while one is coastering. Twice capacity, less lines, more time to shop for wands.

Reactions: tielo and Nico
I was a bit off to the left staring at the IoA entrance in total shock.
We were standing just before Hard Rock, and it took two hours just to get into the park. We only made it as far as Suess Landing before finding out there was no way in hell we were getting into HP. Had to come back the next day. There were hardcore fans openly sobbing they weren't going to be able to see the cast members. Was insane.

We were standing just before Hard Rock, and it took two hours just to get into the park. We only made it as far as Suess Landing before finding out there was no way in hell we were getting into HP. Had to come back the next day. There were hardcore fans openly sobbing they weren't going to be able to see the cast members. Was insane.
By some miracle we got in that night. The line died near Jurassic Park and we jumped on it. Then it grew again incredibly fast. I rode Forbidden Journey on opening day and went back the next day as well :)

I was there too. Super early. I was right past NBA City near the basketball court when the line started growing...made it into the park but by the time I made it to Jurassic Park, I was told there was easily a 6-8 hour wait for Forbidden Journey. I said screw it and left. (Luckily I had already experienced the land during a soft open where I was 1 of about 500 people allowed into the land!) Diagon wasn't anywhere near as crazy, but that's in part because Universal was prepared that time around. I still waited 4 hours to ride Gringotts though. (And got stuck waiting that long two other times when friends and family visited and wanted to go...never again.)

Very worried about the loss of dragon challenge as now I have come to the realization it's not if but when. I am looking forward to the next expansion of the wizarding world but would be extremely upset if they didn't replace with a new high speed coaster. It will probably be indoor. Any word if a coaster will replace DC?

Very worried about the loss of dragon challenge as now I have come to the realization it's not if but when. I am looking forward to the next expansion of the wizarding world but would be extremely upset if they didn't replace with a new high speed coaster. It will probably be indoor. Any word if a coaster will replace DC?
All rumors are pointing to it not being a roller coaster per hulk/DC/RRR standards. Potentially a mix of gringotts/mummy/spiderman.

All rumors are pointing to it not being a roller coaster per hulk/DC/RRR standards. Potentially a mix of gringotts/mummy/spiderman.

I didn't read this entire thread but this is such great news to me! A mix of my top 3 rides in the parks? count me in!
It seems pretty unanimous that Gringotts is a 10/10 ride, and while I do love it, I'm always kind of disappointed that it doesn't end with a free coaster part like Mummy. It lacks that thrill. The initial Gringotts drop is such a tease, making you think there will be a coaster section when there isn't...Use Gringotts/Spiderman effects with a Mummy-style coaster part, throw in an animatronic or two for good measure and I'll be a happy camper.

Reactions: Joel

That doesn't inspire too much excitement in me (what happened to the "Universal is done with screen-driven rides for a while after F&F" line of thought?), but I guess we'll have to see what happens. I'd prefer Universal not go back to those ride systems for a while.

I'd much rather this attraction develop into a more traditional dark ride involving the various magical and mysterious creatures in the Forbidden Forest. Yes, the coaster fans would be disappointed (and I respect that), but Hogsmeade already has a thrill ride; I think another all-ages ride is what the land really needs.

Right now I picture the forbidden forest as a giant warehouse just because it always has to be dark. Or an alternative would be a very immersive indoor queue. Still holding out hope for a badass indoor coaster. I would even be satisisfied with a better version of space mountain at this point.

Right now I picture the forbidden forest as a giant warehouse just because it always has to be dark. Or an alternative would be a very immersive indoor queue. Still holding out hope for a badass indoor coaster. I would even be satisisfied with a better version of space mountain at this point.
Put ET's forest queue in the ride itself and that would be a fantastic setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.