Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive the crudeness, but is this remotely within the realm of possibility? Completely disregard the attractions if need be, but more of a way to redistribute guest flow through the land into the multi-path model that was worked so well for Diagon.

33710923475_699ce9e16a_o.png

(yes, I'm just slowly fishing for info, even if it's to be told I'm not even close).

You didn't even add the main attraction everyone is talking about which is a forbidden forest ride. The thestral ride is barley even pointed out in this thread an the infiri boat ride was mentioned on a total of 2 Pages ?

You didn't even add the main attraction everyone is talking about which is a forbidden forest ride. The thestral ride is barley even pointed out in this thread an the infiri boat ride was mentioned on a total of 2 Pages ?

The In/Out sections on his map are entrance/exit to the new area, not to the Thestral or whatever it is ride while the section labeled Forbidden Forest is supposed to be for that ride.

Forgive the crudeness, but is this remotely within the realm of possibility? Completely disregard the attractions if need be, but more of a way to redistribute guest flow through the land into the multi-path model that was worked so well for Diagon.

33710923475_699ce9e16a_o.png

(yes, I'm just slowly fishing for info, even if it's to be told I'm not even close).

Since you have done all this work already, what are your approximate measurements on those two crudely drawn show buildings?

well Orlando informer posted a patent that could be a harry potter flew network ride and a show of some sort.

If I'm not mistaken, the Theater patent that you are refering too with "a show of some sort", is not for Forbidden Forest. Unless, if things have changed.

And, while some may be obvious to see; it should always be kept in mind that what is seen in the patents, are examples of what the technology could be used for. I would hesitate the excitement until someone else say's otherwise.

Patents don't go to waste. You only file for the patent after you've done a lot of your R&D. It'd be wasteful not to at that point.
Disney (or WDI more accurately) patents things they don't use all the time. Things get patented sometimes simply because they think a concept is cool and don't want someone else to have it.

Last edited:
The In/Out sections on his map are entrance/exit to the new area, not to the Thestral or whatever it is ride while the section labeled Forbidden Forest is supposed to be for that ride.

Since you have done all this work already, what are your approximate measurements on those two crudely drawn show buildings?

I was just trying to show how guests could technically enter a show building close to the train and exit a show building close(ish) to the castle. Even closer if FoTH moved like @Brian G suggested. That's sort of the whole point of the ride really if that was the way they went.

I really didn't measure anything. However there is room for Hogsmead expansion, a show building on the order of Spiderman/Forbidden Journey/Kong and a second show building of equal or maybe slightly lesser size if more backstage area was preferred. It's definitely a big plot of land.

It is what it is, but I feel like the Hogsmeade train station will be awkwardly placed in hindsight.

Errr, there is a giant box labeled Forbidden Forest.... Like I said the purpose was to show how guest flow could be significantly improved. It's really not that great, especially by Diagon standards.

I was just trying to show how guests could technically enter a show building close to the train and exit a show building close(ish) to the castle. Even closer if FoTH moved like @Brian G suggested. That's sort of the whole point of the ride really if that was the way they went.

I really didn't measure anything. However there is room for Hogsmead expansion, a show building on the order of Spiderman/Forbidden Journey/Kong and a second show building of equal or maybe slightly lesser size if more backstage area was preferred. It's definitely a big plot of land.

It is what it is, but I feel like the Hogsmeade train station will be awkwardly placed in hindsight.

Errr, there is a giant box labeled Forbidden Forest.... Like I said the purpose was to show how guest flow could be significantly improved. It's really not that great, especially by Diagon standards.

You clearly put time, effort and thought into it so don't let others knock your ideas. One of the reasons I enjoy this forum is it allows others to free their creativity with likeminded people. Keep it up :thumbsup:

If, and when, the HP expansion gets completed, whatever it's final composition will be, it will be a tremendously large single IP land (Note: Not a pretend HP attraction like DC was). And that fact will make it even more immersive than it is now. This is an expansion I've been advocating for a long time. It makes terrific business sense to use this so far under utilized space to it's maximum potential. Brianlo's plan is essentially what I would hope is similar to what Universal will do, namely two attractions, one E ticket, 1 D ticket and a small extension of Hogsmeade village . The only thing I would add would be a sit down restaurant on the lot, either in the Hogsmeade extension, or separate from it.

Last edited:
If, and when, the HP expansion gets completed, whatever it's final composition will be, it will be a tremendously large single IP land (Note: Not a pretend HP attraction like DC was). And that fact will make it even more immersive than it is now. This is an expansion I've been advocating for a long time. It makes terrific business sense to use this so far under utilized space to it's maximum potential. Brianlo's plan is essentially what I would hope is similar to what Universal will do, namely two attractions, one E ticket, 1 D ticket and a small extension of Hogsmeade village . The only thing I would add would be a sit down restaurant on the lot, either in the Hogsmeade extension, or separate from it.

Well if a sit down resturant ( pub like or elegant) is added, then one of the attractions will need to go because there is only so much space.

I think there's plenty of room for an E, D (especially if there was any credence to a 2 level SLOP darkride) and restaurant, maybe add Zonkos back in as well. Restaurant wise, maybe Madam Puddifoot's (similar offerings to the Hopping Pot, throw in some lighter food fair)? Though a Great Hall full service would be wonderful, logistically I just cant see it going in DC's footprint (both location and foods served).

Honestly, as long as we get FF, the rest is gravy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.