Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And? It's a tiny house. Lupin wasn't using it as a safehouse during his time at Hogwarts. There's no attraction to be made from it. I'm all for a small façade ala the Psycho house back in the day, but it's not attraction material.

I never said E-ticket attraction or ride in general. Just an attraction in and of its own. Go in there, see Lupin's son who teaches you a bit on the other things in the wizard world such as werewolves and all of a sudden transformation.

The only thing was the betrayal. The transformation happened outside closer to the castle and Voldemort's "command center" was the Riddle family home.

No, Lupin used to transform in the Shrieking Shack back in the day which is why people thought it was haunted. Its literally quoted in the book and way all his friends transformed into animals.

Eventually it will leave, all good things come to an end. I'm just saying that because of how much I love the Mummy, a good way to cope with the loss of the Mummy would be a similar ride system built themed to HP.
That will be a sad day when it comes. The ride system is the perfect ride! A Storyline with coaster elements, sort of how they did Gringotts but drop the 3D glasses and screens

Reactions: Joel
I never said E-ticket attraction or ride in general. Just an attraction in and of its own. Go in there, see Lupin's son who teaches you a bit on the other things in the wi

I feel for a forbidden forest ride the shack could be used as part of a forest que. a nice two story building with effects, speakers, and projections going on around. Rather be part of a E- ticket attraction than a show? Is what somewhat mentioned.

If Myrtle can make trips to the Hogsmeade bathrooms than there can be a creepy Shrieking Shack walkthrough, a nice cool, damp place to hang out, see werewolf damage, maybe hear scratching, far off howls. Imo it shouldn't be "the" new ride, not even a ride, but if there is space and its used to plus the area, add another fun place to investigate, I see no problem with it.

Reactions: Joel and Andysol
The problem again is location. The Forest and shrieking shack aren't near each other in the book. Hell, the Forrest isn't even near hogsmeade. They'd have to get creative with some entrances and logistics to get it past JK. Especially in the Comcast era.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
The problem again is location. The Forest and shrieking shack aren't near each other in the book. Hell, the Forrest isn't even near hogsmeade. They'd have to get creative with some entrances and logistics to get it past JK. Especially in the Comcast era.
Maybe extend hogsmeade out just a little to have the middle of hogsmeades with what is now, later be a 4 way cross. The extension could include a more gringy and more alley esq part of hogsmeade. After the expansion would transition into the area further away from Hagrids hut and would include just a secluded circle rock sitting area. The ride que would start farther off Hagrids hut right by the circle rock sitting area and a hogsmeade expansion could take care of the forest not being around that area.

No, Lupin used to transform in the Shrieking Shack back in the day which is why people thought it was haunted. Its literally quoted in the book and way all his friends transformed into animals.
And those events happen WAAAAAAAAAY before HP went to school or was even alive.
Neither is Hogwarts.

Reactions: Joel and Quint
I have to wonder if the people who want a Shrieking Shack attraction have ever read the books or watched the movies.

[HASHTAG]#NothingHappensThere[/HASHTAG]

Why does everyone forget Snape's death occurs there at the hand of Nagini/Voldi (in the book at least)?

It's a bit of a poetic arc from Snape spying on Lupin and James there to Harry spying on Snape's death at the hand of another beast.

Ron is also dragged there by Reumus as a dog and the big reveal of Scabbers occurs there amongst the trio.

I'm ok with it as a facade for a ride because it actually logistically belongs approximately where Dragon Challenge queue starts as it's supposed to be in Hogsmeade. Further, it also tunnels back into the Hogwarts grounds and they aren't just limited to the actual house that way. Sort of like a HM with a house facade, indoor queue and eventually heading to a large outdoor scene past the whomping willow into the Hogwarts grounds.

Werewolfs, Snakes, Anti-Hero deaths, Plot Twist, Whomping Willow Tunnel, Voldemort...

Or they could also use it, to you know... create a new attraction and not be hell bound by the books. Because, I guess, nothing happens there.

Last edited:
Here's a thought, has anyone heard if they'll take the opportunity to expand Hogsmeade proper? The entire back wall on that side (including the train photo-op) could realistically go at this point. Another layer of shopping and a secondary portal entrance could easily be achieved.

They really have an opportunity to fix some of the issues with their legacy decisions before they realized what a hit this would be. Crowd flow could really be improved.

One of the biggest challenges will be how to "block" construction views from inside the land. I'm sure Rowling wouldn't like one side of the land being under construction and the other side completely normal.

Why does everyone forget Snape's death occurs there at the hand of Nagini/Voldi (in the book at least)?

It's a bit of a poetic arc from Snape spying on Lupin and James there to Harry spying on Snape's death at the hand of another beast.

Ron is also dragged there by Reumus as a dog and the big reveal of Scabbers occurs there amongst the trio.

I'm ok with it as a facade for a ride because it actually logistically belongs approximately where Dragon Challenge queue starts as it's supposed to be in Hogsmeade. Further, it also tunnels back into the Hogwarts grounds and they aren't just limited to the actual house that way. Sort of like a HM with a house facade, indoor queue and eventually heading to a large outdoor scene past the whomping willow into the Hogwarts grounds.

Werewolfs, Snakes, Anti-Hero deaths, Plot Twist, Whomping Willow Tunnel, Voldemort...

Or they could also use it, to you know... create a new attraction and not be hell bound by the books. Because, I guess, nothing happens there.

Snakes death occurred at the Hogwarts boat dock. Way at the bottom of the castle by the lake.

Here's a thought, has anyone heard if they'll take the opportunity to expand Hogsmeade proper? The entire back wall on that side (including the train photo-op) could realistically go at this point. Another layer of shopping and a secondary portal entrance could easily be achieved.

They really have an opportunity to fix some of the issues with their legacy decisions before they realized what a hit this would be. Crowd flow could really be improved.
I wrote an idea similar to this.

One of the biggest challenges will be how to "block" construction views from inside the land. I'm sure Rowling wouldn't like one side of the land being under construction and the other side completely normal.

Everybody always adds this little thing. Who gives AF about what Rowling wants or likes. It's not up to her. I'm sure when Disney has construction going on, Walt wouldn't like a large crane shooting out of the background of the castle, but it has to happen. Progress needs to go on because you can't just make a crane invisible. It's up to universal to make it a seamless as possible, but they can't just magically make a ride appear without having construction done.

Obviously no one knows for sure but I would guess they keep Dragon Challenge in place for the summer?

Yea, I know all of this, and none of it is something to base an attraction around. [HASHTAG]#SorryNotSorry[/HASHTAG]

The lands are clearly based on the movies though.

Snakes death occurred at the Hogwarts boat dock. Way at the bottom of the castle by the lake.

SMH, maybe you ought to try reading the books....

Everybody always adds this little thing. Who gives AF about what Rowling wants or likes. It's not up to her. I'm sure when Disney has construction going on, Walt wouldn't like a large crane shooting out of the background of the castle, but it has to happen. Progress needs to go on because you can't just make a crane invisible. It's up to universal to make it a seamless as possible, but they can't just magically make a ride appear without having construction done.

Actually it is up to her. She owns Harry Potter and all rights to it. Uni is just renting it from her. They can't make changes without her approval.

Maybe you should try reading back through the various WWHOP threads as well. This kind of stuff has been brought up many times.

Creature Tech is probably working on Gwarp right now.

066f379e-a9b1-4d66-a055-53b914d79fde.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.