Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone find it a little suspicious that this could be a 2019 project, but yet we're relatively in the dark about what it is?

Usually we know more at this point, even with past Potter projects.

Reactions: Mike S
Does anyone find it a little suspicious that this could be a 2019 project, but yet we're relatively in the dark about what it is?

Usually we know more at this point, even with past Potter projects.
I'd be pretty surprised if this makes 2019, tbh.

With Dragon Challenge likely not closing until Labor Day or so, i'm not expecting it until early 2020. Maybe late 2019.

latest
But you already have a train to hogwarts ride. So that's already been done. And Dragon Challenge isn't at the right spot for a boat ride for J.K. Rowling's specifications.

The best part of DC is the fact there's never a wait. It definitely lost a little magic after the "dueling" factor was cut off. My ideal HP expansion would be closing DC to make an indoor coaster similar to Mummy with elements of a dark ride combine with a thrill coaster. They have the blueprint and original tech already. Imagine a dark forest storyline in the first portion of the ride with all sorts of animatronic beasts followed by a thrilling coaster escape thru the forest with death eaters/ giants/etc. ideally would like to see 2 rides fill that area with a possible theater venue. The biggest thing missing in WWHP is a stage show

This would actually help me cope with the eventual loss of the Mummy if we have a similar ride system, a la Harry Potter.

If they go with a Forbidden Forest dark ride, maybe they could go back to the Robocoaster/Flying Ford Anglia concept. I know that it would be 2 Kuka attractions right next to each other. But the tech is mostly hidden.

And about the indoor boat ride, no height restriction and lots of Inferi.

latest

My only concern is FJ can be too intense for some people and another Kuka ride would make 2 rides unrideable for a portion of people.

:pixie:
Who said the mummy was going anywhere? :saywhat: These ride types would be in two separate parks.

Eventually it will leave, all good things come to an end. I'm just saying that because of how much I love the Mummy, a good way to cope with the loss of the Mummy would be a similar ride system built themed to HP.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.