Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they would ever remove Flight of the Hippogriff. Despite it being a rethemed attraction from Lost Continent, it has been reproduced at every Wizarding World so far at Studios parks. Plus, always has long lines and has high guest satisfaction.
This ride sometimes has a 60 minute wait, and I'm just like :saywhat:...

This ride sometimes has a 60 minute wait, and I'm just like :saywhat:...

While it did recieve upgrades (instead of Downgrades unlike Dragons Challenge), it still is one of the OG attractions at the park (like how Dragon is).

It could be theoretically possible to see them remove it, or hell; maybe move the coaster to be apart of the Dragon Challenge replacement of the Forbidden Forest, and to expand the capacity footprint around hogwarts, for proper nighttime seating of shows (and a moving of the Tri-Wizard/Frog Choir, while also potentially adding a full english version of the Wand show from Osaka).

Reactions: Joel and Andysol
I wonder if the reason we never got a great hall restaurant is that Rowling insisted on it being authentic with food coming out of the table and UC just couldn't come up with an effective way to do it that would both work and be board of health approved.

Reactions: Joel
Dragon's Challenge doesn't give me a Harry Potter vibe.
Gives me this vibe:

Nice throwback video. Hard to think it's 18 years old now. Two things it reminded me of:
- how much better of a park IoA was than DAK when it opened. The amount of rides vs a DAK that didn't have Kali complete or Everest. Yikes.
-How we've only gotten two new rides/attractions in those 18 years. Curious how many more we would've had if blackstone or others didn't own it.

With the new park opening here in a few years- I'm curious which approach they'll take. Of course, I'd prefer the IoA approach- but the DAK approach certainly has its merits as a company from a cost and marketing perspective.
Adding Kali just a year later, then Everest 7 years after, and now pandora- that's a lot of stuff getting stretched out. And in between- we got a plethora of smaller upgrades such as new theaters, Africa expansion, etc. But most of it was too late and DIS didn't recognize it.

The best part of DC is the fact there's never a wait. It definitely lost a little magic after the "dueling" factor was cut off. My ideal HP expansion would be closing DC to make an indoor coaster similar to Mummy with elements of a dark ride combine with a thrill coaster. They have the blueprint and original tech already. Imagine a dark forest storyline in the first portion of the ride with all sorts of animatronic beasts followed by a thrilling coaster escape thru the forest with death eaters/ giants/etc. ideally would like to see 2 rides fill that area with a possible theater venue. The biggest thing missing in WWHP is a stage show

Nice throwback video. Hard to think it's 18 years old now. Two things it reminded me of:
- how much better of a park IoA was than DAK when it opened. The amount of rides vs a DAK that didn't have Kali complete or Everest. Yikes.
-How we've only gotten two new rides/attractions in those 18 years. Curious how many more we would've had if blackstone or others didn't own it.

With the new park opening here in a few years- I'm curious which approach they'll take. Of course, I'd prefer the IoA approach- but the DAK approach certainly has its merits as a company from a cost and marketing perspective.
Adding Kali just a year later, then Everest 7 years after, and now pandora- that's a lot of stuff getting stretched out. And in between- we got a plethora of smaller upgrades such as new theaters, Africa expansion, etc. But most of it was too late and DIS didn't recognize it.
I hope they take a IOA approach. I have so many fond memories over the years of IOA rather than DAK. Actually, I have more IOA memories than any other theme park. It truly is full of adventure.

The best part of DC is the fact there's never a wait. It definitely lost a little magic after the "dueling" factor was cut off. My ideal HP expansion would be closing DC to make an indoor coaster similar to Mummy with elements of a dark ride combine with a thrill coaster. They have the blueprint and original tech already. Imagine a dark forest storyline in the first portion of the ride with all sorts of animatronic beasts followed by a thrilling coaster escape thru the forest with death eaters/ giants/etc. ideally would like to see 2 rides fill that area with a possible theater venue. The biggest thing missing in WWHP is a stage show
If anything, DC has a much longer wait than before. DC usually has a 35-45 min wait not including waiting a 10 min line for the lockers. DD used to 20-25 min MAX wait.

Reactions: jtsalien
Status
Not open for further replies.