Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Concerning Mummy & MIB)...Those decisions are three/four years away. Circumstances may change a number of times between now & then. It's really useless to speculate what's going to happen. Too many variables there. Just about every Universal park attraction has a drop dead date awaiting them sometime in the future. Nothing to get excited about.....Heck, things change all the time. it was just a few years ago that we were being told by some insiders that KidZone was being torn down in September 2014. Well, it's March 2017 right now.

Last edited:
(Concerning Mummy & MIB)...Those decisions are three/four years away. Circumstances may change a number of times between now & then. It's really useless to speculate what's going to happen. Too many variables there. Just about every Universal park attraction has a drop dead date awaiting them sometime in the future. Nothing to get excited about.....Heck, things change all the time. it was just a few years ago that we were being told by some insiders that KidZone was being torn down in September 2014. Well, it's March 2017 right now.

Even thinking the past 2 years with all the new developments with Dreamworks and Nintendo. The people at Universal Creative have a ridiculous list of IPs to play with now and all their great ideas have the potential to be replaced with an even greater idea.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Even thinking the past 2 years with all the new developments with Dreamworks and Nintendo. The people at Universal Creative have a ridiculous list of IPs to play with now and all their great ideas have the potential to be replaced with an even greater idea.
Yep. So many choices, so many decisions. Probably need a scorecard to keep track of how many times they've changed their minds on what, when, and where during the last year.

Reactions: Scott W.
Yep. So many choices, so many decisions. Probably need a scorecard to keep track of how many times they've changed their minds on what, when, and where during the last year.

Universal's unbuilt rides for 2016 filling cabinet probably looks something like this:

giphy.gif

I'd assume they'd wanna so something with Mummy considering the reboot will come out before 3/4 years away. Even if it's removing the clip from the end!

Reactions: Mad Dog
When it comes to replacement of DC. I will be utterly bummed. However if they replace it with something more along the lines of Mummy or Disney's Aerosmith ride I would love that! because you can still add another small ride or interactive ride. IMO EFG is a great ride and has one of the best stats for a ride, its extremely choppy, hence why it isnt used for my suggestion. Theme parks need some thrill to them! I just would hate that hulk is the only real thrill coaster left at the park.

Reactions: Joel
Hoping the DC replacement calls for an E-ticket indoor coaster, C-ticket family dark ride and a relocated Hippogriff to make way for the Great Hall table-service.

Might be too ambitious, but the DC replacement is going to be the largest expansion pad in IOA by any stretch of the imagination. There should be two or three attractions if they're trying to maximize space.

I'd like to see one large E ticket dark ride and a table service restaurant put in the space. Hogsmeade can already be a fluster-cluck as it is and if they can spread the area out a bit more (whilst still delivering a significant expansion) rather than jamming everything possible in that's the way I'd prefer it went.

They have another gate coming that is guaranteed to have some sort of Potter connection in so it doesn't need to be all or nothing here.

Reactions: Frogki and Joel
Hoping the DC replacement calls for an E-ticket indoor coaster, C-ticket family dark ride and a relocated Hippogriff to make way for the Great Hall table-service.

Might be too ambitious, but the DC replacement is going to be the largest expansion pad in IOA by any stretch of the imagination. There should be two or three attractions if they're trying to maximize space.

Interesting thought would also be to intertwine the experiences. The table service could show some of the rides in action (similar to Disneyland's POTC and Bayou restaurant). The coaster and family dark ride could share some space as well.

I think the most interesting part of your proposal is the idea of moving Hippogriff onto the expansion pad to make way for a Great Hall restaurant.

Here's a question, how steep is the grade between the upper portions of Hogsmeade and the bottom areas of Dragon Challenge? Given that this is the proposed expansion pad, they will have to do something about the change in gradation between the two that does not cut into their overall space. Since space is at a premium (and Universal has done wonders with multilevel rides) I wonder if this could mean some of the rides would go underground a bit?

One thing that keeps getting mentioned, that I would love, is if they just made the area feel more open as the constant cluster around the stage/FJ/Hippogriff is incredibly aggravating. I think moving Hippogriff would take care of some of the problem (though I am not sure it is justifiable from a cost perspective), but the stage seems like an easy enough move/build and that would also do wonders.

Reactions: Andysol
I doubt they would remove the Flying Hippogriff. Despite it being a rethemed attraction from Lost Continent, it has been reproduced at every Wizarding World so far at Studios parks. Plus, always has long lines and has high guest satisfaction.

I agree in theory, but if they build a family friendly indoor coaster with a similar height limit and better capacity, I could see it FLYING away (see what I did there?).

Status
Not open for further replies.