Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they go with a Forbidden Forest dark ride, maybe they could go back to the Robocoaster/Flying Ford Anglia concept. I know that it would be 2 Kuka attractions right next to each other. But the tech is mostly hidden.

And about the indoor boat ride, no height restriction and lots of Inferi.

latest

Well the plot is next to the Hogwarts building, so connect the facades of the hotel and the existing building. A single tower of rooms. Probably less than 100. Rooms themed to the Griffindor rooms. Each floor could have a central area themed to the common room. Actually, they could have different floors themed to different houses. At check in, the sorting hat chooses your room. Wands for room keys. Great Hall table service restaurant. Theres lots of ideas that could work. Private park entrance.

While I agree, it's not happening, there is probably room for it and they could charge whatever they wanted and still have close to 100% occupancy.

I love the idea of a HP Hotel, plus a ride, on this land. I would stay there, and if a heavily themed hotel isn't made to put on part of the DC land, I just can't get excited about removing DC. Even though it's no longer dueling, I love the scale of this ride, I know nothing like it will ever be built again. I can't think of a good concept for a replacement ride....but I think the boutique hotel idea is 100% perfect!

If they go with a Forbidden Forest dark ride, maybe they could go back to the Robocoaster/Flying Ford Anglia concept. I know that it would be 2 Kuka attractions right next to each other. But the tech is mostly hidden.

I'd be all for this, as long as they fixed/lifted/reworked/figured out the rider restrictions as compared to FJ. My argument will always be if you can ride Hulk and DC, you should be able to ride everything.

I think a boat ride could be alot of fun and quite different than most have expected/anticipated, inferi, mer-folk, giant squid, grindylow...Maybe Myrtle could be your guide.

I'd be all for this, as long as they fixed/lifted/reworked/figured out the rider restrictions as compared to FJ. My argument will always be if you can ride Hulk and DC, you should be able to ride everything.

I think a boat ride could be alot of fun and quite different than most have expected/anticipated, inferi, mer-folk, giant squid, grindylow...Maybe Myrtle could be your guide.
I think a boat ride would kinda be out of place.

Reactions: LJGonz
A forbidden forest walk-through would be the idea queue for a new ride. The massive scale of the trees would be very impressive.

url

url

url

url

url

Edit: Hmm I guess the images aren't linking correctly :(

Yea, I was there last Friday, and even with packed spring break crowds only a 10 minute wait. The wait for the lockers was longer.

I think the lockers and the metal detectors and not having the ability to instantly re-ride has resulted in much lower wait times. Before it was so easy to the red coaster then the blue but now it feels like too much effort.

latest
A Robocoaster need to happen...Side note (off topic/irrelevant/Test Track is going to yell at me haha)...FJ is reaaally looking bad...Perhaps it could go down for an extensive re-do after this opens

I think a boat ride would kinda be out of place.
If Universal opened just a boat ride the fans would eat them alive...I do think one is needed for both of the parks...I feel Yoshi and Potter are good candidates

Reactions: Joel

It's just a thought but what if you went with an ET style seating arrangements on a kuka arm and a car shell exterior. Not quite so big, but less exposed than the kuka arms. Though the size adds a considerable weight so manuverability becomes more difficult. But the best aspect of the kuka arms, aside from their ability to get guests so close to the sets, is the amazing illusion of flight that they capture. If you make the actual seating arrangment on top seem more like a car with a floor, but keep the movement of the arm free, you can achieve a unique ride with the same tech and capture the same illusion in a different way.

If this doesn't make sense I'd be happy to hear what would! But the car on a kuka arm has the potential to be unique if they approach it right. The benches work as a ride vehicle because they are unique. I'd love to see a new take on it.

Reactions: knoxmyers and Clive
I love the idea of a HP Hotel, plus a ride, on this land. I would stay there, and if a heavily themed hotel isn't made to put on part of the DC land, I just can't get excited about removing DC. Even though it's no longer dueling, I love the scale of this ride, I know nothing like it will ever be built again. I can't think of a good concept for a replacement ride....but I think the boutique hotel idea is 100% perfect!
With a small hogsmeade expansion, a leaky cauldron bed and breakfast inspired hotel could happen.

It's just a thought but what if you went with an ET style seating arrangements on a kuka arm and a car shell exterior. Not quite so big, but less exposed than the kuka arms. Though the size adds a considerable weight so manuverability becomes more difficult. But the best aspect of the kuka arms, aside from their ability to get guests so close to the sets, is the amazing illusion of flight that they capture. If you make the actual seating arrangment on top seem more like a car with a floor, but keep the movement of the arm free, you can achieve a unique ride with the same tech and capture the same illusion in a different way.

If this doesn't make sense I'd be happy to hear what would! But the car on a kuka arm has the potential to be unique if they approach it right. The benches work as a ride vehicle because they are unique. I'd love to see a new take on it.
They wouldn't do a kuka arm for two attractions not only a few feet apart, but in the sa,e land and same theme.

They wouldn't do a kuka arm for two attractions not only a few feet apart, but in the sa,e land and same theme.

It probably wouldn't be like how Forbidden Journey uses the Luka arms, and in a sense, it can be highly customized to be more unique than anything else in the park.

And considering that Disney has been guilty of using the same system for some of their attractions, I could see Universal using them.

But, I don't think that they'll be going back to Kuka for Forbidden Forest.

Reactions: SkiBum and Frogki
Status
Not open for further replies.