Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting then. Would guess before HHN which per other rumors would mean kid zone and D.C. going down soon.

The patent diagram of the theater kind of looks like the moving staircases in Hogwarts.

Wasn't until after I posted the story that I realized a REALLY cool approach would be to make it a fairly larger size theater and base it on Quidditch. Have guests float about to see the "game" and the part about having guests get "virtual prizes" is them reaching for the Snitch.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Looking at the various links and patents, I think the car with the interactive wands is the key to this one. Forbidden Forest riding in Ford Angilas. MIB type ride where you have to shoot spiders and other things with your wand. May not have a scoring system, but ride could change based on your aiming. It'll be different enough to not feel like FJ or Gringotts.

As for the theatre, Rich's idea of the Quidditch match is the only way I really see that being Potter related. And even then, the stands never moved during quidditch, so IDK that it's going to be for Potter at all.

Can't use the word Forbidden, cause they called the first ride that. Wanna tie into the new series, but keep the time period of Hogsmeade from the original series. Won't be including the original child actors. So the ride should be called:

"Forest of Fantastic Beasts"

A dark ride with some outdoor elements that's a magical tour through the Forbidden forest. You ride in an enchanted buggy cast with a spell to keep you safe from the creatures that call the forest home. Perhaps Hagrid is our guide, or at least gets us started in the preshow and queue.

On our trip we'll see centaurs, spiders, hippogriff, plus all the crazy animals not shown in the films, but talked about in the books.

Bam! Family dark ride that ties everything together without being too redundant. And lots of room for interactive wand stuff in a virtual queue courtyard behind Hagrids hut that you can do before and after the ride. (For safety sake, I just don't see Universal allowing you to wave pointy sticks around on a ride.)
It's been called the Dark Forest before.

Reactions: Alicia
Looking at the various links and patents, I think the car with the interactive wands is the key to this one. Forbidden Forest riding in Ford Angilas. MIB type ride where you have to shoot spiders and other things with your wand. May not have a scoring system, but ride could change based on your aiming. It'll be different enough to not feel like FJ or Gringotts.

As for the theatre, Rich's idea of the Quidditch match is the only way I really see that being Potter related. And even then, the stands never moved during quidditch, so IDK that it's going to be for Potter at all.
That would open up Universal towards shutting down MIB, which I'm sure is nearing it's end of life by Universal timelines. Every resort needs 1 interactive shooter type ride.

That would be epic, all for it!

That would open up Universal towards shutting down MIB, which I'm sure is nearing it's end of life by Universal timelines. Every resort needs 1 interactive shooter type ride.
I hope it would remain as a counterpart..MIB needs a refurb, but it remains a great ride in the park..It would be awesome if it got a refurb when that rumored cross over movie happens with 21 Jump Street

Status
Not open for further replies.