Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody always adds this little thing. Who gives AF about what Rowling wants or likes. It's not up to her. I'm sure when Disney has construction going on, Walt wouldn't like a large crane shooting out of the background of the castle, but it has to happen. Progress needs to go on because you can't just make a crane invisible. It's up to universal to make it a seamless as possible, but they can't just magically make a ride appear without having construction done.

I think the post you're addressing incorrectly addresses Rowling's pickiness. Though Universal definitely cares about her view (because she does have a fair amount of weight on the authenticity aspect), she's not as unrealistic about things as some people like to make her out. There have been multiple construction walls before for Potter and I honestly believe she is fine with that.
Now whatever replaces Dragon Challenge will have to fit authentically in the space. That really means the Forest in the end. Maybe a few new Hogsmeade locations but mostly the forest and potentially an expansion of Hogwarts but I doubt that...

Creature Tech is probably working on Gwarp right now.

066f379e-a9b1-4d66-a055-53b914d79fde.gif

So good!

I really hope this happens, such a cool location

Everybody always adds this little thing. Who gives AF about what Rowling wants or likes. It's not up to her. I'm sure when Disney has construction going on, Walt wouldn't like a large crane shooting out of the background of the castle, but it has to happen. Progress needs to go on because you can't just make a crane invisible. It's up to universal to make it a seamless as possible, but they can't just magically make a ride appear without having construction done.

I wouldn't mind the construction but Rowling is very very picky... she had them remove lights from London facade for HHN

and the no straws with your butterbeer... huge lists of more similar situations

I was under the impression that rule was due to the fact that the straw makes the liquid come up through it and spill...

Again, I really don't believe Rowling will be upset with construction walls for a new area in her world as long as they fit the established theme (ie Ministry of Magic signage). She's picky for authenticity. She's not stupid though - she understands that this is a real world, theme park attraction. Construction walls are the least of her worries in that regard.

I was under the impression that rule was due to the fact that the straw makes the liquid come up through it and spill...

Again, I really don't believe Rowling will be upset with construction walls for a new area in her world as long as they fit the established theme (ie Ministry of Magic signage). She's picky for authenticity. She's not stupid though - she understands that this is a real world, theme park attraction. Construction walls are the least of her worries in that regard.
Imagine her reaction if they put those Fast & Furious type graffiti construction walls up. :rant::angry: :mad: :saw:

Imagine her reaction if they put those Fast & Furious type graffiti construction walls up. :rant::angry: :mad: :saw:
Yea, that was a mistake I bet even Universal regretted. No offense to the artist(s), but I'm glad they're gone. I bet Universal waited just long enough not to hurt any feelings before taking them down. I guess this was a good time, given they moved them out further and needed to put new movie signage out... and it would've... clashed.

Ministry of Magic proclamation posters on plain walls will be perfectly adequate.

Yea, that was a mistake I bet even Universal regretted. No offense to the artist(s), but I'm glad they're gone. I bet Universal waited just long enough not to hurt any feelings before taking them down. I guess this was a good time, given they moved them out further and needed to put new movie signage out... and it would've... clashed.

Ministry of Magic proclamation posters on plain walls will be perfectly adequate.
Sure could be some interesting HP graffiti though. All that Hogsmeade gossip and such. :lol:

Reactions: Mike S
Yea, I know all of this, and none of it is something to base an attraction around. [HASHTAG]#SorryNotSorry[/HASHTAG]

I agree. Basing an attraction around Snape's death is not attraction worthy. Keeping an entire attraction limited to the Shrieking Shack is also meh.

Using the Shrieking shack as a facade to send ride vehicles through the tunnel, past the Whomping Willow and direct into the Hogwarts grounds where the Battle of Hogwarts is occurring? Ya, that they could base an attraction around.

I agree with you in a roundabout way. Given the choice though, I think I'd actually prefer a serene (indoor) thestral or boat darkride that loads near the train station and dumps out at the top end of Hogsmeade near the stage. The Battle at Hogwarts would lead to more of the same nonsensical, frantic, endless close call, spot the character crap they've nearly overdone with Gringott's.

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonSlayer
Forgive the crudeness, but is this remotely within the realm of possibility? Completely disregard the attractions if need be, but more of a way to redistribute guest flow through the land into the multi-path model that was worked so well for Diagon.

33710923475_699ce9e16a_o.png

(yes, I'm just slowly fishing for info, even if it's to be told I'm not even close).

I wouldn't mind the construction but Rowling is very very picky... she had them remove lights from London facade for HHN
It took three years (!!) just to get the sign in Hogsmede station to say <-lift/exit-> instead of just exit-> For a long time people in the front portion would end up going the wrong way and have to circle back.

Reactions: Mike S
Forgive the crudeness, but is this remotely within the realm of possibility? Completely disregard the attractions if need be, but more of a way to redistribute guest flow through the land into the multi-path model that was worked so well for Diagon.

33710923475_699ce9e16a_o.png

(yes, I'm just slowly fishing for info, even if it's to be told I'm not even close).
Nice lay out. It highlights how much space is wasted by an unthemed coaster in a park that cries out for expansion space.

Status
Not open for further replies.