Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
The new Indo just made its big debut in Cali.. holy crap is that thing good. Reception’s great and now that we’re seeing the quality and appreciation of the final product, do we think it’s more likely to come to Orlando?

It's REALLY good! This would be a must ride for me on every visit to IOA if they get the makeover.

I’m fine with them keeping it JP but ultimately it needs a huge refresh to stay relevant. But if we do get the JW treatment surely it will be just as enjoyable since it’s my favorite ride at IOA.

My vote would be to keep it JP but give it a major refresh. Update the animatronics, maybe switch up the story/narration a bit.

Now if that DOESN'T happen and they don't want to update it as JP, then yeah, bring on JW and change the whole land.

And as you can see from my avatar.. i'm very passionate about this topic LOL

Where’s the option for rerouting the path so we can finally see Hadrosaur Cove?
Well if they go the JW ride route, Hadrosaur Cove will be a thing of the past. No being knocked off course by a Parasaurolophus anymore, the path you're on is intended.

I think the ship may have sailed for a JW overlay unless they could get it done to sync up with the third movie’s release date (not sure when that is, but after that any hope for synergy is gone so why bother?)

With that being said, I’d be cool with the JW overlay as long as they cut the aquarium scene. I get why it’s in Hollywood and it serves a good purpose there (cut out sightline issues) but it just looks and feels like a tacked-on effect that doesn’t match the rest of the ride. Just a quick refresh of the scene we have now would be fine IMO, followed by the changes Hollywood got.

I think the ship may have sailed for a JW overlay unless they could get it done to sync up with the third movie’s release date (not sure when that is, but after that any hope for synergy is gone so why bother?)

With that being said, I’d be cool with the JW overlay as long as they cut the aquarium scene. I get why it’s in Hollywood and it serves a good purpose there (cut out sightline issues) but it just looks and feels like a tacked-on effect that doesn’t match the rest of the ride. Just a quick refresh of the scene we have now would be fine IMO, followed by the changes Hollywood got.
I agree with you. The present IOA entrance is much better than that screen make believe tank, and IOA doesn't have the sightlines problem that Hollywood had there. An upgrade with the Indominus and the indoor scene there
would be an improvement, but the cost may end up being more than they want to spend for an upgrade since they added the expensive E ticket coaster in IOA.

Personally I think the indoor opening aquarium scene is pretty cool. But I don't think it's at ALL better than the opening we have now (if they could get it to time perfectly with the Ultrasaur lifting its head up as the doors open that would be beautiful).

I just can’t imagine JW3 being their last produced Jurassic anything. Not saying it’ll be another film or something major, but this is a franchise that can live on and survive on its own. I think it’d be weird for us to not get this. I’d take this and a full JW before updating anything else in IOA. Just re-do the finale and re-paint everything else and add vegetation around to make it look more new, I really don’t think they need to go crazy here although of course the finale is where the $$$ is being spent anyways.

I just don’t see it, especially if reception is strong to Velocicoaster and reception to this on the west coast is strong too.

I just can’t imagine JW3 being their last produced Jurassic anything. Not saying it’ll be another film or something major, but this is a franchise that can live on and survive on its own. I think it’d be weird for us to not get this. I’d take this and a full JW before updating anything else in IOA. Just re-do the finale and re-paint everything else and add vegetation around to make it look more new, I really don’t think they need to go crazy here although of course the finale is where the $$$ is being spent anyways.

I just don’t see it, especially if reception is strong to Velocicoaster and reception to this on the west coast is strong too.
Next stop, Jurassic Galaxy!

I have to wonder if we'll see a long form Jurassic something on Peacock at some point

In all seriousness I fear I saw something the other day that the F&F franchise may be looking towards Jurassic to extend their universe......... so...... Jurassic Tires?
Just strange enough to be a hit

I have to wonder if we'll see a long form Jurassic something on Peacock at some point

Just strange enough to be a hit
If they invest in Peacock, then yes. Regardless, it’s Jurassic Park. I know they want to tie up promotions though but this isn’t correlating with the film any more so I mean.... I wouldn’t say this is the last chance and if they ever upgrade the ride it’s gotta he converted or they tear it down for another ride.

We laugh but it’s meme worthy enough to be a billion dollar idea. I’m sure it’s being tossed around by execs as we speak.
Both billion dollar franchises are coming to an end, so what to do..... combine them!!!

This is off topic, but does anyone know why the Orlando version doesn’t use film-accurate sounds? In Hollywood the Ultrasaurs used the Brachio sounds from the movie, but the Orlando Ultrasaur has generic sounds. Same goes with Rexy and the some of the raptors. The soundtrack also isn’t used except for the gate opening. The rest of the ride is all Dino sounds and narration, while Hollywood had musical tracks for each scene. Does anyone have any insight on this? Did the ride have the soundtrack when it opened and Uni maintenance forgot about it? A theory I heard was that Hollywood was based on the movie while IOA was based on the book, but there are still enough movie tie-ins in IOA that this wouldn’t make much sense. Anybody got their two cents?