Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
This was the most recent footage I could find of the River Adventure. The crate is still missing yet the audio can still be heard where it once was. I noticed another odd thing too. The lights were on inside the main show building. It's usually dark in there so it's strange seeing so much light.

Have to point this out...

In the last week, we went on JPRA 12 -15 times, and once with a long wait (30 minutes or so). So we became very familiar with "Jurassic Journal", the video that plays in the queue. (If anyone has a link to this on YouTube, please post, I was not able to find it!).

It is great/unintentionally hilarious. The funny parts are when they splice action scenes from the movies with scenes of the animals from the ride. :grin: The best one is a quick cut to the Ultrasoar! It is sped up so she looks really fast, but the interesting thing is - she has the same kink in her neck. She was built like that!

Who knows why. Were they like that? Did someone figure they needed a weird angle to reduce maintenance? Never saw the one in Hollywood so I'd love to hear how that compared. Bottom line though... she was built like that.

Have to point this out...

In the last week, we went on JPRA 12 -15 times, and once with a long wait (30 minutes or so). So we became very familiar with "Jurassic Journal", the video that plays in the queue. (If anyone has a link to this on YouTube, please post, I was not able to find it!).

It is great/unintentionally hilarious. The funny parts are when they splice action scenes from the movies with scenes of the animals from the ride. :grin: The best one is a quick cut to the Ultrasoar! It is sped up so she looks really fast, but the interesting thing is - she has the same kink in her neck. She was built like that!

Who knows why. Were they like that? Did someone figure they needed a weird angle to reduce maintenance? Never saw the one in Hollywood so I'd love to hear how that compared. Bottom line though... she was built like that.
Yeah she's always looked like that

Jurassic Journal is positively charming, that and the Spiderman pre-vids are some of my favorites

The obvious solution is to meld a refurbished first half of River Adventure with the back half of Jurassic World. There's no Super Silly Fun Land for the screen tunnel to hide.
I've been saying this but they should move the screen section to inside predator cove instead of having the current predator cove in Hollywood, they can move the fighting dinos somewhere else and the crate isnt really a loss. It would also make more sense storywise because things start going wrong one after another instead of something going wrong than continuing through the ride after as normal until you end up in predator cove.

I've been saying this but they should move the screen section to inside predator cove instead of having the current predator cove in Hollywood, they can move the fighting dinos somewhere else and the crate isnt really a loss. It would also make more sense storywise because things start going wrong one after another instead of something going wrong than continuing through the ride after as normal until you end up in predator cove.

I like this idea a lot. It's a good compromise in my opinion. Maybe the Mososaurus could be moved to the side of the lift hill near Predator Cove since our version lacks the raptor hanging from above with the wires. Instead of feeding on a shark, it could be explained that the animal became agitated due to the Indominus being present, hence why it hit the glass.

Also, from what I've heard, Crichton's family loaned the license to Spielberg and Universal for a theme park land and 6 movies, and with Jurassic World Dominion coming out next year, the license is going to end. But, since Jurassic World is Universal's own license, I can see them retheming the whole land to Jurassic World in case they don't renew the license and stick with their own license.

Oooh I like this

As far as the Ultrasaur, I've always felt it should just move up and down

Like I get they wanted it to soar over your head and drip water on you...buuut...her neck

I actually like the Mosasaurs crack right at the beginning. It's a great little bit of foreshadowing that even though they think they've got it figured out in JW...life finds a way.

I feel like if they redid the Ultrasaurus scene and moved the Mosasaurus to Predator Cove, they ought to have her poke her head out of some trees rather than sitting in the water. I feel like that would prevent the animatronic from being damaged by water exposure weakening the mechanics. Just imagine something on the level of the Brachiosaurus from the Jurassic World exhibit.0604_LIF_Jurassic-museum1.jpg

That dinosaur is one of the biggest glaring issues the ride has IMO. Even when it's "working" you see it in its static position, looking like it has a broken neck... then it starts and lifts its head up, still with an obvious crick in its neck, and then resets to static again wayyyyy too quickly.

Honestly, if they could make it static with its head up it would almost be an improvement.