Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The park really needs another slow dark ride. Or a slow moving water ride like Frozen from EPCOT. It would balance the park immensely.
If Trolls takes over Kidzone I bet we get the boat ride, and if Pokemon gets Kidzone I bet we get the slow moving dark ride. I think it’ll happen for USF, just like, give it a decade lol

If Trolls takes over Kidzone I bet we get the boat ride, and if Pokemon gets Kidzone I bet we get the slow moving dark ride. I think it’ll happen for USF, just like, give it a decade lol
Universal supposedly still has an extra Mack Inverted Powered Coaster laying around somewhere with no purpose too don't forget, and it could be used as a family coaster/dark ride.

Universal supposedly still has an extra Mack Inverted Powered Coaster laying around somewhere with no purpose too don't forget, and it could be used as a family coaster/dark ride.
Just add scenes to do it and don’t do JW Flyers from Beijing, and that’s fine too. That’d fit Pokemon more off first glance, if we’re talking about Trolls vs Pokemon.

I think it’ll happen for USF, just like, give it a decade lol

PP4fQu7.gif

Love this, but honestly, at least half a decade. 2026 is first year after Epic is open, I’m not sure I see a “major” addition for either USF or IOA immediately, so that leaves 2027, at the earliest. VB will be a decade old at that point so I’m assuming they’ll want to do something new over there also, Lost Continent is asking to be changed and imo, with its direct path to Hogsmeade, fixing that is more a priority than Kidzone which is kinda tucked away from crowds. LC is right in everyone’s face.

So yeah, a decade lol

Reactions: belloq87
MiB opened the year after IOA opened. And after Kong if you told told me there would be two new coasters added within five years to IOA I’d say you were insane.
I more so envision a MIB replacement, VB addition, or heck maybe an EU addition in 2026. I feel Trolls, Zelda, Pokemon or whatever would be 2027.

Looks like the first Notice of Commencement for this project has been filed:

B40-holovis.jpg
I would say the replacement will be open by summer 2023. I wonder when they will make the announcement of Shrek's replacement. Will they do it after it closes or wait over a year and announce it when it is close to opening in 2023?

I would say the replacement will be open by summer 2023. I wonder when they will make the announcement of Shrek's replacement. Will they do it after it closes or wait over a year and announce it when it is close to opening in 2023?
Eh, if this is as minimal as has been said to be, I really don't see a reason why it would take so long. I think we could see it open Late Summer 2022, tbh.