Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This likely won’t happen, but I can’t get this idea out of my head.

Taking over the TL theatre area, and the games, all before the TL signage is…

Animal Crossing!

It would be the most “tame” IP for a park with the word adventure in it’s title, but since the game is a bit of a choose your own adventure anyways, there could be some fun interactivity that creative can come up with. IOA needs help with the little ones and it would be a nice peaceful transition from MSHI.
Dude I would be all over this lol. An Animal Crossing dark ride is on my theme park wish list.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
This likely won’t happen, but I can’t get this idea out of my head.

Taking over the TL theatre area, and the games, all before the TL signage is…

Animal Crossing!

It would be the most “tame” IP for a park with the word adventure in it’s title, but since the game is a bit of a choose your own adventure anyways, there could be some fun interactivity that creative can come up with. IOA needs help with the little ones and it would be a nice peaceful transition from MSHI.

Small world boat ride, but it’s just the villagers singing in their nonsense language. A dream. :lol:

I like Animal Crossing but after playing splatoon 3, that is way more suited for a water ride/game than any other Nintendo IP. Overlay the barges and make it indoors with Splatoon 3 and have inklings shot you and you shot back using projection mapping.

Well if there’s a death knell for anything it’s the UOAP lounge moving here. They think it’s worth more as a UOAP benefit write off than as a retail location. Ouch.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Well if there’s a death knell for anything it’s the UOAP lounge moving here. They think it’s worth more as a UOAP benefit write off than as a retail location. Ouch.
Well, was Rocky and Bullwinkle merch really ever pushing the needle? :lol: If they really wanted to sell comic strip merch effectively, Garfield and Peanuts would be out there next to Popeye and Betty Boop. and yea, I understand licensing deals with other parks keeps that out of the question, thus, AP Lounge.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The Boop location is pretty small, and I haven't seen evidence yet of any significant improvements to the lounge other than some random imagery. I think it'll be another temp location until they can decide on an actual purpose-built location for it.
This answered my question even though I made a typo. Meant to type "bigger" lol

With Dreamworks Kidzone across the street, I would honestly. No need to double dip.
They’re already double/triple dipping. How to train your dragon is getting its own land. And Harry Potter is getting 3 lands. I don’t see why they can’t convert it to Dreamworks Lagoon.

They’re already double/triple dipping. How to train your dragon is getting its own land. And Harry Potter is getting 3 lands. I don’t see why they can’t convert it to Dreamworks Lagoon.

Dragon is an isolated IP, not encompassing DreamWorks as a whole; and Harry Potter is the exception. They're not going to do DreamWorks Land V.2 just because of the water gimmick.