Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unacceptable if it never reopens and isn't promptly replaced.

Way too much dead space at the current parks already to just let a major ride sit there and rot.
Universal is not Disney they wouldn’t let a major ride just sit and rot without a viable replacement.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I mean that poster did say Ride lol plus I would say only fear factor was a major show. Regardless it is pretty bad they haven't replaced TL theater or fear factor. I understand the reluctance to replace Sindban though since they're waiting for a total lost continent revamp.
Yea I wasn’t referring to those empty theater spaces.

That’s not a good enough excuse anymore. They crushed earnings and Beijing is profitable and they’re losing too much capacity due to leaving too much offline.
Beijing is closed right now, but you are right. I think if they find they can't reopen the ride they will replace it though, i know they do have the two theaters but they are kinda hidden (and one is used for special events) and having just an abandoned ride sitting there on the main path isn't a good look.

Ok, I can't go into specifics, but I work at Ripsaw. The whole thing we might never reopen is not true. Refurb until March or dragging into the summer ... potentially. But anyway, let us look at this logically, they started returning the ride in the beginning of the month, I cannot say what, but I can say a lot of work has been done already, so it would make little sense to do all this work and then to just say, ah to hell with it lol

Also, we have not been given a timeframe, there is stuff we know, hear, are privy too etc., but there is no timeline. Yes, we all are at different venues now, but that is standard for maintenance periods.

Aka don't belive everything you read online.

I know I'm in the minority when I say Toon Lagoon should be the last thing to get updated at IOA

Two iconic water rides, a play area, decent food, and a lot of kinetic energy

I'd rather ditch LC first

People see "Comic Strip themed land" next to Marvel and Jurassic Park and get antsy thinking we gotta get rid of it since its so "outdated" ignoring that it's probaby one of the most well-rounded lands in the whole park. Why fix something that isn't broke when there is so much that is legitimately broke. :lol:

I know I'm in the minority when I say Toon Lagoon should be the last thing to get updated at IOA

Two iconic water rides, a play area, decent food, and a lot of kinetic energy

I'd rather ditch LC first
Ops members at IOA would probably prefer the same.

I think Toon Lagoon would get less of a bad wrap if the chintzy left side was as nice or immaculately themed as everything from Popeye's onwards. However, I do appreciate the move to improve Comic Strip Café by adding ramen and arepas.

Last edited:
Two water rides and no other rides. That land is used more as a walkthrough than the zax bypass.

Agreed. A nice dark ride featuring characters from across comics could be fun. They could feature an adventure that takes you through black and white comics and into color. Maybe chasing someone who stole a magic pen that brings comics to life. They could even use "Take On Me" by A-Ha for the soundtrack. Okay, that last was a joke but this type of ride would be a good way to blend everything from the land together. Though UNI may not be big fans, they could use the ride system for Symbolica which I think uses the wire technology rather than going fully trackless.

I do wish there was a way they could adjust how wet you get on Dudley, maybe do a seasonal version or something

I know many of those old(ish) flumes rely on the water for breaking, but Dudley is a very fun ride...I just can't stand how wet you get on it

The train portion being a particular highlight that's immediately ruined by one of the more soaking theme park splashes

Reactions: anihilnation
I do wish there was a way they could adjust how wet you get on Dudley, maybe do a seasonal version or something

I know many of those old(ish) flumes rely on the water for breaking, but Dudley is a very fun ride...I just can't stand how wet you get on it

The train portion being a particular highlight that's immediately ruined by one of the more soaking theme park splashes

Splash Mountain is capable of doing this (no idea how), but there's a significant change between summer and winter ops.

Reactions: Darko and shiekra38

Usually in the back you don't get wet much, but yeah, when I am asked how wet you get, I always say: at least not as bad as on Bluto's

Reactions: Darko and shiekra38
And at least with Bluto's - there have been times I got off of it not completely soaked. Has never happened once on Dudley's.
Last winter they turned off some of the waterfalls and it was night and day for me

As far as TL as a whole, I feel like it could so easily be reskinned into Spongebob it's crazy

The Nickelodeon and Universal relationship feels over though