Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And at least with Bluto's - there have been times I got off of it not completely soaked. Has never happened once on Dudley's.
Last winter they turned off some of the waterfalls and it was night and day for me

As far as TL as a whole, I feel like it could so easily be reskinned into Spongebob it's crazy

The Nickelodeon and Universal relationship feels over though

Last time I wrote Ripsaw as a guest I barely got wet, then I sat in the back lol, my daughter was in row 2, she got soaked, and we immediately did it again, same results lol

I once had it did Bluto's and stained dry, immediately did it again, soaked lol. Bluto's does switch certain features off when it is colder. The only thing we can really switch off at Ripsaw is the waterfall, which we were forced to do before closure, because of drainage issues, which made it awkward to walk to the spotter position at the bottom of lift 2.

Last winter they turned off some of the waterfalls and it was night and day for me

As far as TL as a whole, I feel like it could so easily be reskinned into Spongebob it's crazy

The Nickelodeon and Universal relationship feels over though
I don't know if there's a more perfect overlay for a theme park land than Spongebob for Toon Lagoon.

I've said it before in the Kidzone thread - but I'll die on the hill that Spongebob is the biggest missed opportunity in theme park history.

I'm worried that, just because of hurricane damage and maintenance issues, Dudley Do-Right will be forced to close permanently, especially with the rumor.

I'm worried that, just because of hurricane damage and maintenance issues, Dudley Do-Right will be forced to close permanently, especially with the rumor.
There's been a lot of hurricanes in Central Florida since Dudley was built and it has been just fine

The only attractions to really suffer because of a storm have been temporary structures for haunt events

Structures outside are built with storms and hurricanes in mind

There's been a lot of hurricanes in Central Florida since Dudley was built and it has been just fine

The only attractions to really suffer because of a storm have been temporary structures for haunt events

Structures outside are built with storms and hurricanes in mind
River Adventure sustained much more damage from the past two storm lol, it's really fun to pass there backstage and hear Tiffany roar.

While I think Orlando needs an indoor land, I wouldn’t hate KFP land from Beijing being made outdoors for TL one day. It’s perfect for immersion theming and would be a start transition from Marvel in a good way. Probably can add another dark ride or coaster on top of the boat ride from Beijing. Just a thought, I think KFP needs Orlando rep and would fit perfectly in IOA.

store pants alone shows how much of a missed opportunity it is
100%. I think it could be a great overly for TL without many structural/infrastructure changes quite honestly.

Blondie's = Chum Bucket
Comic Strip Cafe = Krusty Krab
Other shops/facades = general Bikini Bottom buildings

The rides could really be whatever they want to do as far as story goes.

I'd prefer a ground-up land with Potter-level theming but I mean, I'd take what I could get lol

100%. I think it could be a great overly for TL without many structural/infrastructure changes quite honestly.

Blondie's = Chum Bucket
Comic Strip Cafe = Krusty Krab
Other shops/facades = general Bikini Bottom buildings

The rides could really be whatever they want to do as far as story goes.

I'd prefer a ground-up land with Potter-level theming but I mean, I'd take what I could get lol
spongebob in HTTYD at epic makes too much sense. Putting Pokémon in the expansion plot could have put Nintendo, Pokemon, Monsters, Potter, and Spongebob in one park.

and if they closed out the other expansion plot with “legacy world” a nod to universal classic movies with updated ride systems, this would be my all time favorite park in the world lol.

spongebob in HTTYD at epic makes too much sense. Putting Pokémon in the expansion plot could have put Nintendo, Pokemon, Monsters, Potter, and Spongebob in one park.

and if they closed out the other expansion plot with “legacy world” a nod to universal classic movies with updated ride systems, this would be my all time favorite park in the world lol.

That would be a pretty good lineup but I guess they really wanted to utilize dreamworks which they bought and not have everything but monsters be IPs owned by others.

Though I do think a shrek land or a dreamworks version of fantasy springs land coming to disneysea would have been a better choice than HTTYD

Last edited:
This likely won’t happen, but I can’t get this idea out of my head.

Taking over the TL theatre area, and the games, all before the TL signage is…

Animal Crossing!

It would be the most “tame” IP for a park with the word adventure in it’s title, but since the game is a bit of a choose your own adventure anyways, there could be some fun interactivity that creative can come up with. IOA needs help with the little ones and it would be a nice peaceful transition from MSHI.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95