Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

So, can the drop tracks both be down at the same time

Or if one is down and the vehicle is waiting for the final break run to clear does the other drop track stay up?

This might be a dumb question, I would really like to never be held waiting for the track to drop suddenly haha

So, can the drop tracks both be down at the same time

Or if one is down and the vehicle is waiting for the final break run to clear does the other drop track stay up?

This might be a dumb question, I would really like to never be held waiting for the track to drop suddenly haha
I believe this is how it works. When I had to be evacuated from the ride last summer, it was right after my train dropped. The other drop track was still on the upper level and couldn't drop down because my train hadn't launched yet.

Interesting, so they both can't be down at the same time, but loaded at the same time
Yeah. The intention isn't to have both loaded simultaneously, but in the event of a stoppage/breakdown, they can both be loaded on different levels. I'm fairly positive these are all the places trains can stop at:

First Launch
Second Launch
Brake Before Hagrid's
Third Launch After Hagrid's
Fourth Launch
Fluffy Brake
Reverse Launch
Drop Track 1
Drop Track 2
Final Brake Run

Add in a train at load and one at unload, there's all 12 trains.

Yeah. The intention isn't to have both loaded simultaneously, but in the event of a stoppage/breakdown, they can both be loaded on different levels. I'm fairly positive these are all the places trains can stop at:

First Launch
Second Launch
Brake Before Hagrid's
Third Launch After Hagrid's
Fourth Launch
Fluffy Brake
Reverse Launch
Drop Track 1
Drop Track 2
Final Brake Run

Add in a train at load and one at unload, there's all 12 trains.

Final break run can hold three trains if needed. The point of two drop tracks is while one is resetting the other can be running the show.

Both sides can be down at once.

I was on the left drop track, and the train in front of us was on the right track when the ride cascaded. The train in front of us launched, but rolled back because it was backed up on the brake run. While we were sitting on the bottom of the left drop chamber, you could hear the show running for the train behind us on the right side. Then it dropped.

After a few seconds of both being down, and the train in front of us still on the final launch track, the ride re-started. For some reason, and I'm assuming it's because the track switch was still set on the right side, the train behind us then launched before us. A few seconds later we launched.

Our group happened to be split between the first train and the second, so they were surprised when we got off after the train behind us had gotten off.

I imagine this scenario is what happened to the person suing Universal.

Isn’t this month the 10yr anniversary of the WWoHP too? Would’ve been cool to open this ride for that but obviously not complaining as I was fortunate enough to ride this before COVID.

This ride is something else, considering my name on here, the fact this objectively and actually may be my favorite ride here over Mummy I gotta day really says something. Happy 1 year to Hagrid’s!

They got that sorted before shutdown.

I was there the last day before shut down and all of the skrewts were blasting (plus all of fluffy's heads were working again too)
None of the skrewts were blasting about a week and a half ago.

None of the skrewts were blasting about a week and a half ago.

Ah. good to know. Wondering if they were having issues or just not being used to not have any "mist" like with other attractions since re-opening.

Have fluffy's heads been operational since re-opening?

Have the times that virtual line passes go live been established? I know they are unofficial, but I remember stuff like the Mardi Gras float riding having unofficial drop times.